Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ignore pain needs a SERIOUS nerf.

Most healers clearly admit that healing a warrior is at least twice as easy as healing everyone else. Ignore pain can easily reach 1.2-1.3 million shield absorbs. So basically 2 ignore pains equal to all your health. This is blatantly overpowered. I truly hope blizzard will fix it before next wednesday. All of this was my opinion. What do warriors think? Please don't defend something only because its your class you know it will get nerfed sooner or later I am still interested in hearing your opinion though.

dont make statements on classes that you dont play

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    Most healers clearly admit that healing a warrior is at least twice as easy as healing everyone else. Ignore pain can easily reach 1.2-1.3 million shield absorbs. So basically 2 ignore pains equal to all your health. This is blatantly overpowered. I truly hope blizzard will fix it before next wednesday. All of this was my opinion. What do warriors think? Please don't defend something only because its your class you know it will get nerfed sooner or later I am still interested in hearing your opinion though.
    Dont make statements in classes that you dont play!!!

Deleted
    In my opinion raids aren't out yet, so let's see how overpowered it is on that content. The current content is trivial at best so no judge at all, I will so though that on current content we feel strong.

I think it's stronger in dungeons than it is on raid bosses, because then shield block becomes a bigger deal. Ignore pain works that you can keep stacking old ones on top of new ones and the overall shield just gets bigger and bigger with each use, but if you're getting hit regularly for decent ammounts then the shield gets eaten up quickly. Because we don't get hit hard in dungeons it just keeps stacking every time people use it, which considering most people are running Ravager + Renewed Fury for AOE pulling is quite often.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Warriors have no means of reliably recovering HP. Literally every other tank does. You can't nerf them because their HP moves less than other tanks, that is their whole design.

Even if we are a little bit of an outlier, what really needs to happen is buffs to a few tanks (most notably monks, and maybe some base defense for DH's).

1. Current content is not hard, wait to call for shit like this until you see meaningful content become trivialized by the mechanic, which you won't.
    2. Warriors have 0 self healing. So an absorb needs to be relatively strong.
    3. QQ

My shields go over 4 million. So my opinion is I hope this contributes to your level of salt.

First reply to your post basically sums my thoughts up. Sounds like you don't have a clue what you're talking about and just jumped at a chance to whine about some high numbers.

Coming from someone who plays DK and warrior tanks (and starting out a DH tank):

Yeah, it's pretty OP in dungeon trash if you have impending victory since mobs die all the time and you get to heal yourself, practically don't need a healer. But on bosses those tanks feel pretty close, the longer the fight the closer they feel. When both were gearing up, they felt very similar. Now everything dies too quick to care.

On shorter fights with the warrior, I really miss Dancing Rune weapon since that is such good burst damage, and miss blood boil / death and decay to pick up mobs (not that it's "hard" on the warrior, just easier on DK)

But I prefer warrior since they have the better "Oh shit!" button

Yeah it's really going to come down to incoming damage and fight length and they didn't try to balance the tanks for trash. When Ignore Pain runs out a warrior can get hit hard and its hard to recover that hp. Usually don't run into that problem as much on quick fights or low damage fights.

Quote Originally Posted by the View Post

Yeah it's really going to come down to incoming damage and fight length and they didn't try to balance the tanks for trash. When Ignore Pain runs out a warrior can get hit hard and its hard to recover that hp. Usually don't run into that problem as much on quick fights or low damage fights.
    This is basically the answer.

Our overall reduction apart from Ignore Pain is massively sad.

Sure, nerf Ignore Pain absorb, but give me more rage regeneration to keep it running then more often.

If it runs out the damage we receive is massive compared to other tanks, its working as intended.

You can only understnad it if you pull like 5-6 Mobs in a Mythic without having already pooled IP or Rage, you are literally desperately surviving between 20-50% HP while pumping low shit IP's trying to stay alive cause every non-IP hit takes something like 20-30% out of your pool, assuming physical mobs :P

It seems OP in Dungeons that you outgear and against bosses that stop to cast shit and barely attack.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-09-14 at 08:15 PM.

Ignore OPain is tuned for raid content. Mainly heroic and mythic raids. Anything lower than that would seems it's overpowered.

Why is it the first inclination is to call for a nerf to a tank that hasn't even actually been tested yet? Instead should we not be buffing the other tanks who are underperforming? If we go through a month or 2 of heroic/mythic raids and every tank is getting crushed except warrior, that isn't the warrior class design at fault, it's the other tanks that need fixed to be appropriately competitive in the hardest content.

Heroic dungeons are not heroic dungeons anymore. Even Mythic+0 is nothing special once you get passed 840. Thankfully Blizzard has already said that they are taking the time to get raid and mythic+ data before making drastic changes.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore pain can easily reach 1.2-1.3 million shield absorbs. So basically 2 ignore pains equal to all your health.
    This shows you don't know much about what you're talking about. We have a lot more hp than half of 1.2m and our shields can stack up much higher than 1.2m.

Yes, Ignore Pain is overpowered for weaker content like normal/heroic dungeons and world content (let's face it all tanks are OP in that regard). No Ignore Pain is not going to be overpowered in raid content. You can already start to see Ignore Pain becoming more in line when doing Mythics assuming you don't over gear it by much. Rage regeneration isn't high enough to offset Ignore Pain usage for incoming damage in tough situations and when it falls we fall.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

UI feel like my warrior would be getting stomped if they significantly nerfed IP lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    All you guys don´t understand. OP came here, whined a lot and then abandoned thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    So asking to have other classes nerfed in PVE is now a thing? Always thought the common goal was to bring down NPCs by working together and not trying to make a class worse by saying it is overpowered without both having understood it and gathered sufficient data on the issue at hand.

First time warrior gets a valuable absorb ability and then ... people are crying a river. Prot Pala got an enorm heal ability too. So gtfo..

As someone who mains warrior and prot paladin, saying ignore pain doesn't need some slight tuning is being a bit biased. It doesn't need a huge nerf but right now its pretty fucking good.

Deleted
    i dont think it needs a nerf, its strong yes, but as a healer i still have to heal when its up. its not like i can ignore him, like i can on DH and DK's. And some damage seems to go trough it even thou tooltip say ignore all damage.
    Last edited by mmocaefec169f9; 2016-09-14 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a healer, buff monks, paladins maybe a small buff
    DH when played well is amazing, when played poorly, just as bad as monks. they need a little bit of help for pebkac errors.
    warriors are okay, main thing i like about them is inspiring presence, think DH have something similar as well, but it helps.
    constant HP regen wars give themselves, vs spikiness of DH n monk, with monk being even more spikey since they can't even get their self heals until life is low...

trying to keep a monk topped off atm is annoying as hell, have to let em dip, keep them 40-60%, which is bad to begin with since it means they can get burst by mobs...
    basically, as a healer you're on edge all the time because of blizzards idiotic mechanics change. you can work it but ffs if dungeons are that stressfull healing a monk, raids will be insane.

so yeah...monks need a buff, DH is OP if played very well but as bad as monks if not...and war is fine, pld is fine mainly because it can BUFF still, get some mp5 for me, means i can spam a bit more heavy heals, not that many but enough for upkeep on em.

but yes...wars have reliable healing, it's called inspiring presence, victory rush although nice, isn't reliable in a raid.

but inspiring presence buffs whole party/raid, means less healing needed for EVERYONE.
    which is why they feel strong

but yeah having a tank die in the 3-6 seconds you're stunned/feared, is annoying as hell, because to heal em properly, you gotta let em sit low, which means if you and them are stunned, they can't self heal, you can't CASTING effuse, is a terrible idea, no dodges or parries for that, you will get burst more hp than you're healing
    (with how squishy they are takes to much mana to keep em topped off, but letting them dip that low is also bad...another catch 22, the monk designer needs to get fired, people who ignored those on the forums thinking they were a vocal minority, needs to get fired.)

having statue, that seems bugged (it doesn't taunt everything when you taunt statue) and aoe stun on same talent tier is also making em a bit squishier, also statue pulling what's not even in combat with you as well...

problems go on and on, before with guard and expel harm no cd when low hp, glyph for reduced energy cost, etc...statue was easy to deal with pulling extra, now though, you cant get statue, but you can't not get it for the times when it might save your life...
    damned catch22, but aoe stun is better, won't pull extra, the stun can let you roll off get 1-2 effuses off, in case heals is stunned, the whole tier would be useless in raids though.

basically what it comes down to, blizzard will not fix anything, unless people stop playing those specs completely, but with how artifacts work, you can't really switch classes,
    and come back to BRM after they've been buffed a little.

by the time blizz fixes em, if even this xpack, it will be to late for many.
    but if you stick with the class, you can expect to get talked down to for poor choices, maybe for the whole xpack.
    catch 22 there also, screwed if you do swap, screwed if you don't.

if it helps, i've said the same thing to UH DK's and Spriests:
    class to broken = don't bother playing it, blizz won't fix things people are playing

(in their minds if people are playing it, then it must be competitive and enjoyable, who cares what the vocal minority naysayers are whining about on the forums)

but who knows...maybe BRM just scales extremely well with artifact traits compared to other tanks (not really, looking at em)
    Last edited by Christan; 2016-09-14 at 09:28 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.