7.1 Updated Consecration Graphic (all specs)

Consecration has been updated to be less visually noisy. I quite like the subtle change. Sharper graphic and less screen "pollution". I have included both the peak and the low of the pulsing motion of consecration for easy comparison. Clarification: Same graphics settings on both Live and PTR client (5 preset).

Last edited by 7empest; 2016-09-15 at 07:17 AM.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm ok ~ Didn't see any problem with it the way it was, but I suppose if Blizz developers have nothing more important to work on...

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Hmmm ok ~ Didn't see any problem with it the way it was, but I suppose if Blizz developers have nothing more important to work on...
    I actually think this is a great improvement! The current effect is really noisy and I did sometimes feel like it could be toned down to leave more room for boss mechanics on the ground. I also think new effect simply looks better because it has less overexposed parts.

Now, Blizzard please, please update the effects for Blessing of Freedom and Blessing of Protection. They look like utter shit and don't fit the "holy" color palette of the class at all.

I like it. Looks a lot cleaner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it... But does anyone else think thematically it's a bit off?

It's meant to be us Consecrating the ground, but it looks a bit too... destructive for that. Should be a bit more holy looking, IMO.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Well we have been leaning more towards Crusaders since the dev team started flirting with Diablo III for this x-pack, something like the image below would have been more legit. But I'll take what I can get and these small improvements are what flavors the class. For some reason the intense glow of Consec always bothered me, but no longer.