Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    It's a perfectly correct argument. If you're playing pure dps class and can only use one spec it's your problem, not developers', if you have "one spec to top them all", it's getting pointless to have the other two and it gets its balls cut off (6.1 Demonology says "Hello").
    So in your opinion it is completely okay to gut 2 specs and make them essentially worthless, as long as 1 spec works?

Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    On 5 stakcs and with Reap its 20%... not 2%...

I don't know the new raids, so lets look at Hellfire citadel.

Hellfire assault: Both traits are insane, and help affliction exactly with all of its problems with this fight style.
    Iron Reaver: Steady supply of bombs which can "die" so wrath should easily stack up to 5 every bomb wave
    Kormrok: Nothing to say, both traits can be amazing on the hand waves
    Council: You can abuse the in between phase with the spinning adds to stacks wrath for after it or do some damage on Dia
    Killrogg: Steady supply of adds so Wrath should be up the whole fight
    Gorefiend: The same as Killrogg.
    Iskar: Soulflame may do a bit in the add phases, but not that much
    Socrethar: Well... again, Wrath always at 5 stacks.

Should i continue? Those traits aren' trash in anay way. They aren't a single target increase, yes, but does Affliction need this? NO.
    I get what you mean but I find it kinda funny that you stopped listing examples right before you got to Fel Lord lol

Soul Flame is really cool and I like it a lot; I don't think having two gold traits that rely on adds dying is a good thing, though. I'd like to keep Soul Flame and have Wrath be reworked into something that is specifically for a single target.

Deleted
    I'm sorry OP but did u do any research at ALL or its just another "ayyy reroll" thread? UA deals 320% of SP dmg over its duration, new CH makes it deal 32% of sp dmg per stack instantly. Now lets assume everything is in favor for it being a nerf so Wrath of Consumption is up and capped. Now lets compare the damage of old CH and new CH.

Old:
    320% *1.1*1.25 = 440%
    New:
    320%*1.1 + 5*32% = 512%

Again that is with capped WoC. Now lets go with reap up AND WoC capped

Old:
    320%*1.2*1.5 = 652.8%
    New:
    320%*1.2 +5*64% = 704%

So basically with reap up and 5 stacks of new CH u get the dmg dalt over time instantly. If i missed something just let me know. For me it is a huge buff compared to the old version that is. New Ch not only makes UA roughly 10% better but gives it burst component.Oh an by the way all that is assuming the chances of getting stack stay the same.

Deleted
    The CH change is, as Hahahawe pointed out, a flat buff unless Blizzard increases the damage of UA itself by ~15%. Keep in mind that our tier 2set makes old CH better than the new one in raw damage. From a mechanical perspective, the new CH is much better because it makes our damage slightly more frontloaded.

What I'm more interested in is how Fatal Echoes interacts with UA given the new stacking system and whether every single stack has a chance to reapply itself. If that is the case, it could prove a substantial buff to sustained damage.

Deleted
    Which raises the concern that the much-needed affliction buffs are going to have to wait until 7.1

Im almost certain this was changed because of the Honor talent "Rot and Decay" which could let you get an insance UA rolling and just keep it like that unless it was dispelled. But maybe im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Soul Flame is really cool and I like it a lot; I don't think having two gold traits that rely on adds dying is a good thing, though. I'd like to keep Soul Flame and have Wrath be reworked into something that is specifically for a single target.
    XD but it is one fight out of 13, which is ok. I don't want any of the traits to be reworked 'cause Wrath may give us more power in raids than soul flame, and soul flame is very funny for 5mans and some insane burst AoE on some niche bosses.

I would rather like to the Harvester of Souls changed. 'Cause now its Siphon Life 2.0 which is boring.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draxtor View Post
    This is one of the worst arguments I have ever seen.

"Who CARES if your leg is broken, you have a fine one right next to it and you have arms! Why are you complaining!"
    plz stop trying to rebut people that was just painful to read its not like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahahawe View Post
    I'm sorry OP but did u do any research at ALL or its just another "ayyy reroll" thread? UA deals 320% of SP dmg over its duration, new CH makes it deal 32% of sp dmg per stack instantly. Now lets assume everything is in favor for it being a nerf so Wrath of Consumption is up and capped. Now lets compare the damage of old CH and new CH.

Old:
    320% *1.1*1.25 = 440%
    New:
    320%*1.1 + 5*32% = 512%

Old:
    320%*1.2*1.5 = 652.8%
    New:
    320%*1.2 +5*64% = 704%

So basically with reap up and 5 stacks of new CH u get the dmg dalt over time instantly. If i missed something just let me know. For me it is a huge buff compared to the old version that is. New Ch not only makes UA roughly 10% better but gives it burst component.Oh an by the way all that is assuming the chances of getting stack stay the same.
    I created thread mainly to point out that Blizzard decided to rewamp trait which didn't need to be rewamped before several bad traits. And also determine nerf or buff. With your data it's clearly buff for pve. But what about pvp where affliction damage suffer a lot? In pvp ideal situation is: you stacked several UAs and refresh them with Rot and Decay talent in this situation you benefit once from new CH but lose overal damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    I created thread mainly to point out that Blizzard decided to rewamp trait which didn't need to be rewamped before several bad traits. And also determine nerf or buff. With your data it's clearly buff for pve. But what about pvp where affliction damage suffer a lot? In pvp ideal situation is: you stacked several UAs and refresh them with Rot and Decay talent in this situation you benefit once from new CH but lose overal damage?
    I disagree that it was an okay talent. Everyone is complaining about Affliction's ramp up, and Compounding Horrow is directly compounding that ramp up and needed looking at. Whether it's a numbers buff or nerf, I don't really know or care; but it is a small improvement mechanically.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-09-16 at 12:06 PM.

Old:
    320% *1.1*1.25 = 440%
    New:
    320%*1.1 + 5*32% = 512%

Old:
    320%*1.2*1.5 = 652.8%
    New:
    320%*1.2 +5*64% = 704%

Your numbers don't take into account mastery which makes this a huge nerf (unless the new proc also benefits from mastery I have not tested that yet) my damage with this buff on ptr has went down from what it is on live overall and that is discounting the Agony nerf that was not just a tooltip correction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by erinthea View Post
    Your numbers don't take into account mastery which makes this a huge nerf (unless the new proc also benefits from mastery I have not tested that yet) my damage with this buff on ptr has went down from what it is on live overall and that is discounting the Agony nerf that was not just a tooltip correction.
    That is true however as far as i know it no longer specifies peroidic dmg in mastery tooltip. Now it just lists all the dot spells that are affected so i assumed new CH benefits from it.

That is true however as far as i know it no longer specifies peroidic dmg in mastery tooltip. Now it just lists all the dot spells that are affected so i assumed new CH benefits from it.

CH is not a dot it is a instant proc and therefore not affected by mastery, also tier 19 bonus increases UA so this will be a nerf even if it scaled with mastery taking that into account

So nerf to the one of the weakest specs in game confirmed? Sweet.
    Last edited by Sunlighthell; 2016-09-17 at 08:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by erinthea View Post
    CH is not a dot it is a instant proc and therefore not affected by mastery, also tier 19 bonus increases UA so this will be a nerf even if it scaled with mastery taking that into account

Yes, I do know that it is not a DoT but look at our mastery again.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77215/m...tions#comments

It no longer mentions "peroidic" damage. It lists the spells. Now look at new CH. It causes UNSTABLE AFFLICTION to deal blablabla and UA is on the mastery list. I se no reason for new CH being unaffected by mastery since the dmg doesnt come from separate spell but rather UA itself.