Page 1 of 2
LastLast

is Roll meant to.. not work properly?

I'm not seeing anything in hotfixes or patch notes about Roll so I'm assuming its not bugged? Is it only me that it doesn't work for 50% of the time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp007 View Post
    I'm not seeing anything in hotfixes or patch notes about Roll so I'm assuming its not bugged? Is it only me that it doesn't work for 50% of the time?
    I can tell you that they are working on a fix. However, since the realease of the pre-patch this is broken and nothing has been released yet about a possible fix. The only thing they say is: "It's more complicated than we thought".

So , Soon TM

ps. And yes, it will kill you in progressive raids if they do not fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    I can tell you that they are working on a fix. However, since the realease of the pre-patch this is broken and nothing has been released yet about a possible fix. The only thing they say is: "It's more complicated than we thought".

So , Soon TM

ps. And yes, it will kill you in progressive raids if they do not fix it
    cheers for the answer

50% of the time flying serpent kick stops coz of invisible terrain lol

Quote Originally Posted by Svelte View Post
    Same for Fel rush from Demon Hunter, seems connected ;-)

Deleted
    The Bug seems to happen when two people use dashes at exactly the same time. But I didn't test it properly only saw it mentioned somewhere, so who knows.

It's not like you are a super hero. Rolling on the ground is hard, and sometimes you trip. Immersion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard definitely know of this issue and someone found what looks to be the cause.

If someone else in a certain radius uses an uncontrollable movement speed ability(Roll, FSK, fell rush) while you are using yours, you will be stopped mid ability.

If i can find the reddit link i will post back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svelte View Post
    It is a fukin pain on the ass, but try to jump and then use it, when your char it is at the maximum height of the jump use the flying serpent kick, because sometimes it helps.

Deleted
    Yeah all the movement abilities are connected. If someone else within your character's range also uses a movement skill like Fel Rush, FSK, Roll, etc., then the already in motion Fel Rush, FSK, Roll, etc., will suddenly halt mid way. The range at which you can see other players is zone and area dependant, in PvP you can see everyone from anywhere on the map, it's much more limited in open world, and it's in the middle for raids/dungeons.

You can test it out if you like, but the roll bug never happens when you are running solo instances or 5 mans where nobody else can interfere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenwins View Post
    It's not like you are a super hero. Rolling on the ground is hard, and sometimes you trip. Immersion.
    Lol. I get why it's broken now

Deleted
    it always bugs on Odyn.. there must be something odd with the floor in that room.

this will be huge in arena.. please fix

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    it always bugs on Odyn.. there must be something odd with the floor in that room.
    If it is indeed a cause of 2 people doing a movement ability at the same time, it would explain why it often happens at Odyn. All 5 players try to get out of that big circle at the same time.
    Same reason it happens in the monk orderhall all the time, people are rolling all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    If it is indeed a cause of 2 people doing a movement ability at the same time, it would explain why it often happens at Odyn. All 5 players try to get out of that big circle at the same time.
    Same reason it happens in the monk orderhall all the time, people are rolling all over the place
    This is interesting. I've noticed that it happens a lot on the penultimate boss for BRH on the charge to first engage him from the door; thinking back, there has always been a DH or other monk in the group with me, all trying to close the gap at the same time.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Oddly enough, I have noticed that I don't bug nearly as often when I'm using Masquerade, because roll transforms into a leap (which I love and would happily trade for). Probably due to lack of a Nightborne roll animation.

This is part of Blizzard's Everything-RNG initiative. They want you to gamble when rolling from place to place as to whether you clear it or you fumble.

No, but in all seriousness, yes, it's a bug that's being worked on and they have stated that it's proven more difficult to address than they initially thought.

Deleted
    Mage blink is also worse in Legion.

It happens so much in pvp it's horrible. Basically rolling the dice whether you will roll or root yourself.

I was skirmishing in Nagrand Arena, 1 v 1 because our partners died, and FSK literally, and im not joking, literally got stuck 100% of the time. But when you have the honor talent that lets you steer it you can unlock yourself temporarily by tapping A or D. It's still far from ideal though.

I don't think it's related to multiple people dashing at the same time because both 1v1's were against mages who can only blink and they didn't blink when i FSK'd. Roll worked perfectly those 2 matches.