Crit>=Haste for me

dear all

I have 2 question:

how come u guys say haste is way better for spriest and I always managed to do way more dps with crit gear and also more insanity stacks

currently i got %41 crit chance and %23 Haste and i do way more than going full haste ( i get from 43-46 stacks with LOTV)

where with haste my max was like 38-41 stacks and almost no crit from dots and very few AS

also with surrender to madness i managed to do 500k+ on class hall dummy (single target ) with 92stacks (crit build)

crit chance from VT(%55)
    crit chance for SW (%50)

how come haste is better than crit? numbers don't lie
    note that I got 2 relics of VT %75 crit chance for AS

Second question:

have u guys tried going full haste mastrey and pick the talent where u get %20 more damage VT with 2 relics of %5 VT damage? isnt that way better if u get mastrey to like %80(almost same damage as crit with no RNG envolved) i know MB wont benefits from that but with surrender to madness 2 VT ticks is way higher than mind blast
    Thank u all

Your anecdotal data is pointless without any specifics. Haste is in most cases the strongest stat but that doesn't mean the item with higher haste will always be the stronger item.

Haste-based gameplay has always historically involved presice timing in order to realize its potential. Although simcraft may say one thing, realizing those results in game might be difficult to produce. A slower, crit-based play style might work better for some people because it offers more room for error and various lag/latency tolerances.

I agree that one sample is not enough to prove anything.

But if you cannot consistently do better damage with predicted statweights, there's obviously some reason why. Perhaps that reason is a bad rotation. Perhaps it requires certain talents, or certain artifact traits, etc..

I would suggest to keep exploring and figure out the reason. Start with finding a player who has similar gear and traits as you and look at their logs and damage breakdowns over similar fight patterns and lengths.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Deleted
    These are the LotV stat weights from Howtopriest:
    Legacy of the Void / Mind Spike
    Int = 1.00
    Crit = 1.25
    Haste = 1.20
    Mast = 1.03
    Vers = 0.94

Why are you surprised crit is better using LotV again?

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pssh View Post
    These are the LotV stat weights from Howtopriest:
    Legacy of the Void / Mind Spike
    Int = 1.00
    Crit = 1.25
    Haste = 1.20
    Mast = 1.03
    Vers = 0.94

Why are you surprised crit is better using LotV again?
    These are correct stats. If you thought Haste was better, than you may be thinking of StM which is as follows:

Surrender to Madness
    Int = 1.00
    Crit = 1.26
    Haste = 1.78
    Mast = 1.07
    Vers = 0.94

TLDR: Crit > Haste for LotV. Haste > Crit for StM. My advice would be get gear that has high Haste, low Crit as the secondary stats.

Additionally when using a combined set of stat weights you get:
    Int = 1.00
    Crit = 1.26
    Haste = 1.39
    Mastery = 1.05
    Vers = 0.94

I have found for me the sweet spot is 20% crit and 40% haste. Saw my dps jump substantially once I got my crit to that percent. Using LoTV of course. STM to me is way too punishing with most of the current boss mechanics.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

20% is what i found to be the sweet spot for AS in terms of Insanity generation.