Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    yea, nothing dropping for me on my pally on raid finder SoO, i want those damn feather helm and shoulders >.<
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    It's not a bug, and they haven't changed it in the 2 years since SOO hasn't been current.

If you took a full raid in when it was current and only had one loot-eligible player, you got a 20% chance of a loot drop. The same is true now.
    Which is pretty damn stupid design for old content, I certainly don't have 10 friends to bring along, to match the schedule I have, just to have outdated epics for transmog purposes, to possibly compete over 2-3 loot. By very least old content should drop the minimum of 10-player raid group amount of loot, which is 2-3 pieces of loot per boss, regardless of players present. There's enough of randomness in loot already, than to add 20% extra RNG factor to see anything at all. Gold farming was so bad that it had to be completely removed from old raids (indirectly through keeping this horrible system)?
    Last edited by Saradain; 2016-09-19 at 06:34 AM.

Welp this makes farming MoP and WoD raids for transmog pretty pointless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Welp this makes farming MoP and WoD raids for transmog pretty pointless
    MoP raids don't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengwulf View Post
    MoP raids don't work that way.
    I thought SoO works exactly the same as WoD raids

but MV, ToES, HoF, ToT work like Wrath & Cata raids then ?

10+ Year Old Account

All except SoO work like the old raids, so loot number is predetermined - the difference is only between 10 and 25. I believe SoO also works different than WOD, I did it yesterday with a friend, 2 people in raid, group loot, heroic (old normal) difficulty, and we still had 3-4 items per boss.

Deleted

Yes boss always give loot and not only for you class like in crappy for solo play personal loot most time gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Which is pretty damn stupid design for old content, I certainly don't have 10 friends to bring along, to match the schedule I have, just to have outdated epics for transmog purposes, to possibly compete over 2-3 loot. By very least old content should drop the minimum of 10-player raid group amount of loot, which is 2-3 pieces of loot per boss, regardless of players present. There's enough of randomness in loot already, than to add 20% extra RNG factor to see anything at all. Gold farming was so bad that it had to be completely removed from old raids (indirectly through keeping this horrible system)?
    On the other hand, why should they go back and change it just for people get more drops faster soloing?

Blizzard has only ever tangentially supported soloing old raids as a form of content, and then only pretty minimally with a lot of downtime. Spending a lot of time mechanically re-working an old raid rather than focusing on new content seems like a poor use of time to me.

I just can't really see why you're so upset. Unlike the other raids that you can only run on a weekly lockout and pray that one of the two drops is (a) something you can use, and (b) something you need, with this you're always guaranteed something you can use, and you can run it an infinite number of times in a week to get what you want.

I honestly prefer that, as I can kill the bosses I need drops from a ton of times, bonus roll, and get what I need. Rather than being on my hundredth run of BWL looking for one item, having to do it once a week and hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

On the other hand, why should they go back and change it just for people get more drops faster soloing?

Blizzard has only ever tangentially supported soloing old raids as a form of content, and then only pretty minimally with a lot of downtime. Spending a lot of time mechanically re-working an old raid rather than focusing on new content seems like a poor use of time to me.

I just can't really see why you're so upset. Unlike the other raids that you can only run on a weekly lockout and pray that one of the two drops is (a) something you can use, and (b) something you need, with this you're always guaranteed something you can use, and you can run it an infinite number of times in a week to get what you want.

I honestly prefer that, as I can kill the bosses I need drops from a ton of times, bonus roll, and get what I need. Rather than being on my hundredth run of BWL looking for one item, having to do it once a week and hope.
    As a paladin, I sure can get most of my transmogs by constantly switching loot specialization. A warrior for example, has no way of unlocking, say, offhand transmogs as a warrior has no loot spec for intellect items. I'm upset because with the old style of looting, I could possibly get multiple usable items per kill, instead of just 1. Maybe it's the feeling of actually getting something out of a boss after defeating it (ok, some day they'll be steamrolled in a second or two, but still).

I find it odd that all this transmog convenience we've been getting would somehow mean Blizzard cares less about doing old content. If anything, we're heading towards utilizing the old content more and more every passing expansion, simply by getting more old content to do. There's no "faster soloing" that is being requested, it's doing the farm runs as we've used to. I never farmed items to make gold either, it was more of a byproduct...

...Is it a huge rework to make at least Group Loot work like it is supposed to, in old content? You can, after all, bonus roll with Group Loot as well, so nothing is being removed from you personally.

Edit: Yeah, this fucking sucks. Paying 300 gold per bonus roll, gaining absolutely nothing in return. Because seeing 8 gold on a boss is so damn epic, instead of a random assortment of loot >.<
    Last edited by Saradain; 2016-09-20 at 12:21 PM.

As a paladin, I sure can get most of my transmogs by constantly switching loot specialization. A warrior for example, has no way of unlocking, say, offhand transmogs as a warrior has no loot spec for intellect items. I'm upset because with the old style of looting, I could possibly get multiple usable items per kill, instead of just 1. Maybe it's the feeling of actually getting something out of a boss after defeating it (ok, some day they'll be steamrolled in a second or two, but still).

I find it odd that all this transmog convenience we've been getting would somehow mean Blizzard cares less about doing old content. If anything, we're heading towards utilizing the old content more and more every passing expansion, simply by getting more old content to do. There's no "faster soloing" that is being requested, it's doing the farm runs as we've used to. I never farmed items to make gold either, it was more of a byproduct...

...Is it a huge rework to make at least Group Loot work like it is supposed to, in old content? You can, after all, bonus roll with Group Loot as well, so nothing is being removed from you personally.

Edit: Yeah, this fucking sucks. Paying 300 gold per bonus roll, gaining absolutely nothing in return. Because seeing 8 gold on a boss is so damn epic, instead of a random assortment of loot >.<
    The point is, yes you're asking for a large coding change. The drop chance being per person goes hand in hand with the loot lockout rather than individual lockout. There is no way for Blizzard to code a raid that allows people to run it, even if locked, and still have a set amount of loot drop without significant coding.

I'm not saying it's not something they might look into doing in the future, I'm saying it's really low on their priority list, and I understand why.

The "old style of looting" hasn't been around for well over 2 years. It changed with the complete shifting of how raid lockouts are done.

It's the same with the change to shared vs. combined 10 and 25 man lockouts, or shared vs. unique N/H/M lockouts, or the fact that old 40 man raids had huge loot tables and drop 2 items per boss per week.

Blizzard has never going back and completely changed the way raid loot and lockouts work just for people who want to solo, and I see the chance of them doing so now being pretty minimal.

They've made transmog easier, but the point of the system wasn't to insanely promote going back and solo farming old raids so much as it was a perk to people who've raided every expansion and have all those transmogs. They don't discourage people going back and soloing old raids, but it's not an intensely supported form of content either, and I think that's fine.

You're complaining about the "epic" experience of seeing 8 gold drop, but that goes hand in hand with the "epic" experience of face rolling a boss solo rather than having to rely on a coordinated team.

TL;DR: You're asking them to significantly retroactively boost drop rates from old content, because you want it to be easier to get the gear. This is something they've never done, and I don't think are likely to do. You have the same chance at getting loot as you did when the content was current, and I think that's fine.
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

The point is, yes you're asking for a large coding change. The drop chance being per person goes hand in hand with the loot lockout rather than individual lockout. There is no way for Blizzard to code a raid that allows people to run it, even if locked, and still have a set amount of loot drop without significant coding.

I'm not saying it's not something they might look into doing in the future, I'm saying it's really low on their priority list, and I understand why.

The "old style of looting" hasn't been around for well over 2 years. It changed with the complete shifting of how raid lockouts are done.

It's the same with the change to shared vs. combined 10 and 25 man lockouts, or shared vs. unique N/H/M lockouts, or the fact that old 40 man raids had huge loot tables and drop 2 items per boss per week.

Blizzard has never going back and completely changed the way raid loot and lockouts work just for people who want to solo, and I see the chance of them doing so now being pretty minimal.

They've made transmog easier, but the point of the system wasn't to insanely promote going back and solo farming old raids so much as it was a perk to people who've raided every expansion and have all those transmogs. They don't discourage people going back and soloing old raids, but it's not an intensely supported form of content either, and I think that's fine.

You're complaining about the "epic" experience of seeing 8 gold drop, but that goes hand in hand with the "epic" experience of face rolling a boss solo rather than having to rely on a coordinated team.

TL;DR: You're asking them to significantly retroactively boost drop rates from old content, because you want it to be easier to get the gear. This is something they've never done, and I don't think are likely to do. You have the same chance at getting loot as you did when the content was current, and I think that's fine.
    Still wasn't asking to make it easier, was asking it to be like before. Never said anything about wanting to run the raid even after you're locked to it. If you have a Blizzard post that states they don't think doing old content for transmogrification is a supported thing, please link it.

Farming transmogs should never be something that costs you anything else but time and effort (yes, even oneshotting bosses is effort). You may struggle, depending on the boss and how outdated content it is, but it at least should always pay off, be it the item you seek, or vendor trash. Raider's perk is to get the said items months, if not year(s) before the non-raiders can.

To me, your post just reeks of entitlement that you happened to raid said content when it was current and thus no one else should ever be able to gain it. I may as well be wrong, you are entitled to your opinion regardless.

Edit: Hell, all I ask is to cap the loot to a minimum of 10 players, as the raids scale between 10 and 30 players. Back then, if you managed to 3man the boss (that was still scaled to 10man difficulty), you surely deserved the 2-3 loot pieces that would have normally dropped as 10man group. Why is it so hard to grasp that it is insanely stupid to have no minimum cap for loot, that you can get once per week, just like in any LFR, to both avoid changing the entire system and wiping out all relevancy for older raids.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2016-09-20 at 04:14 PM.

Because LFR doesn't have a group loot option.

Else, you could game N/H raids by having people who are loot-locked help kill bosses, and still get more drops to funnel.

You're focusing exclusively on the effects of people soloing old raids for transmog, when the changes have been immensely beneficial to people running raids currently.

Changing them to be like old lockouts would require either (a) effecting current raids negatively or (b) blizzard specially coding "old" raids to drop loot differently.

You don't have any advantage or disadvantage right now over someone running the raid when it was current. The system is exactly the same. This is how it's always been. Whether you ask for it or not, you're asking Blizzard to buff the drop rate of old raids by instituting a minimum on loot drops.

It hasn't been stupid to have a minimum cap on loot drops for the past two years. It works to prevent abuse of the system. It works insanely well to have loot-lockouts rather than raid lockouts, so people can run a raid again to help friends. There's no workable way to let someone run a raid again to help friends and have a minimum amount of loot. You could have 10 people in a raid, only one of which hadn't gotten loot yet that week, and funnel gear to them. Since it's a silly system for current raids, you're asking for Blizzard to change the drop rates (increase the drop rates) of old content relative to when that content was current, something they've never done.

I also never said Blizzard doesn't support it, I said they don't go out of their way to support it. This means, they're fine with people doing it but they rarely change systems to make it easier for people. Even mechanical adjustments (i.e., things that prevent soloing) take years to get fixed. See SOO still not being soloable at all due to Galakras.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually wanted to make the same post!
    First of i got yesterday (or day before everything was fine).
    Untill today, today i got my legendary (who cares) but i noticed not getting loot in old raids!
    So me and a friend went to do ToT hc. (grouploot)
    Yes loot dropped, but no leather and no weapons. (first 11 bosses) it maybe bad rng or whatever!
    Then my guildy said set it to another lootspec. I did and on leishen dropped leather and weapons!
    So it might have been RnG, It might have sumthing to do with the legendary cd or w/e !
    So if nuthing for ur spec isnt dropping, try to change the loot spec!
    The Monk Phenomenon

It wasn't old content when the loot tables and systems were implemented. It's a waste of time for them to go back and redo it. If you're desperate for the xmog, go in group finder and ask for people to come along.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    It wasn't old content when the loot tables and systems were implemented. It's a waste of time for them to go back and redo it. If you're desperate for the xmog, go in group finder and ask for people to come along.
    They do small changes to old content all the time, though. They already "waste" their time changing mechanics so they can be handled by solo players. They sometimes even make sure that some bosses are no longer required to be kill in order to unlock the final boss. They also add pets to the loot table (WotLK is getting a bunch of those across all its raids next patch). It's pretty clear that they want people to go back and do those instances. Why not also go back so that every expired expansion's content behaves the same way?

10+ Year Old Account
    I encountered this last week and posted in the bug report forums
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...8988423#post-1
    Feel free to bump the thread so it gets some attention. Loot should be dropping based on a minimum of 10 players attending, not 20% per attending player.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chookchan View Post
    I encountered this last week and posted in the bug report forums
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...8988423#post-1
    Feel free to bump the thread so it gets some attention. Loot should be dropping based on a minimum of 10 players attending, not 20% per attending player.
    This isn't a bug, this is the way it's been, and the way it's intended to be.

You wanting them to change it to some minimum number doesn't make it a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    They do small changes to old content all the time, though. They already "waste" their time changing mechanics so they can be handled by solo players. They sometimes even make sure that some bosses are no longer required to be kill in order to unlock the final boss. They also add pets to the loot table (WotLK is getting a bunch of those across all its raids next patch). It's pretty clear that they want people to go back and do those instances. Why not also go back so that every expired expansion's content behaves the same way?
    If you notice, they still haven't done this with MoP raids, and it's been two years. Maybe at some point in the future they'll change mechanics for MoP, maybe they won't. When they do, maybe they will change the loot, or maybe they won't.

In either case, if they still haven't touched MoP, the chances of them doing much with WoD are slim to none.

And the chances they've made are very minor relative to completely changing the loot and lockout system for an entire raid.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a bug, this is the way it's been, and the way it's intended to be.

You wanting them to change it to some minimum number doesn't make it a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

If you notice, they still haven't done this with MoP raids, and it's been two years. Maybe at some point in the future they'll change mechanics for MoP, maybe they won't. When they do, maybe they will change the loot, or maybe they won't.

In either case, if they still haven't touched MoP, the chances of them doing much with WoD are slim to none.

And the chances they've made are very minor relative to completely changing the loot and lockout system for an entire raid.
    It most certainly is. Yes loot scales at 20% chance / 1 person. But both difficulty and loot % drops had a lower bound at 10 people. The boss would get no easier and 2 items would still drop. In fact, I didn't even run into this problem until this past week, probably because I did my BRF N with two folks. It was not 40% chance of 1 item. It was 2 items on each boss. But this week while soloing I've gotten 0 or 1.

There is some sort of error when soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    It most certainly is. Yes loot scales at 20% chance / 1 person. But both difficulty and loot % drops had a lower bound at 10 people. The boss would get no easier and 2 items would still drop. In fact, I didn't even run into this problem until this past week, probably because I did my BRF N with two folks. It was not 40% chance of 1 item. It was 2 items on each boss. But this week while soloing I've gotten 0 or 1.

There was never a lower bound at 10 people for loot scaling.

You could take a raid of 19 in with a single loot-eligible person and not get any loot- you can even go back and find threads of people complaining about it.

If you were doing BRF N and getting 2 items with 2 people, you were lucky- that's not how the system ever worked when the raids were current.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    It was 2 items on each boss. But this week while soloing I've gotten 0 or 1.

Where you despite soloing in a group ? I don't know about brf but I still got two items per boss as usual doing highmaul for fun.