Thread: dps while resto

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

dps while resto

I am throwing a moonfire here and there and spam solar when I got time... still the dps is toooooooooooo low compared to e.g holy priest etc.

Are you noticing the same thing?

I do decent damage with feral affinity sunfire + swipe after pre-HoTing the tank. I have yet to see a Holy Priest DPS, though. :sob: I think I'm one of the few healers in my guild that actually likes healer DPS.

sunfire, moonfire, rake and rip and I'll usually do around 100k depending on how much active healing is required

I pre-hot tank beofre pull then sunfire + rake each target and I'll throw a rip on one then go back to healing while weaving in and out of cat to dps and heal and I'll pull about 80k normally. It certainly is a lot of work though.

You're not going to outdps a disc priest or holy paladin but you should be keeping up with holy priest and resto shaman.

Deleted
    moonkin and spam it up. was doing 75k dmg on last boss Mythic Net's lair last night.

I'm too busy watching Netflix while I heal to bother DPSing.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    moonkin and spam it up. was doing 75k dmg on last boss Mythic Net's lair last night.
    Moonkin isn't worth it. Practically same dps as spamming wrath

at 840-850, every ms healer with a decent artifact level (bar holy pallies who are fucking tearing shit up) is able to pull around 70-130k, if they're able to spend some mana into it and depending on their trinkets and the amount of mastery they have, so you're pretty much in the expected range

if it's your os, do remember that a you get a pretty significant damage gain from artifact levels as a healer

and you should probably use sunfire, and beyond that, idk you probably have dead time or are doing something odd if you're not doing decent damage, but you're not giving much detail cause holy priests are only doing a bit over 100k or so unless they're going full haste/crit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewsix View Post
    Ah, thats a shame. I was enjoying it. My Resto is just an alt so not that good at the switching in and out yet.
    I will test out the feral tonight and see how it goes!

Thanks for the headsup!

The shape change CD kills it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Ah, thats a shame. I was enjoying it. My Resto is just an alt so not that good at the switching in and out yet.
    I will test out the feral tonight and see how it goes!

Thanks for the headsup!
    Yeah 75k is basically nothing. You can do 150k-ish with proper catweaving. It's obviously a lot more complicated than just spamming Wrath but it makes the fights more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Yeah 75k is basically nothing. You can do 150k-ish with proper catweaving. It's obviously a lot more complicated than just spamming Wrath but it makes the fights more interesting.
    That is really annoying. I can't play melee to save my life and trying to go cat almost resulted in disaster even in easy pulls.

Here's hoping Balance Affinity will be given a little buff to bring it within 10% or 15% of Feral Affinity. I'm not asking for parity, since there's clearly more effort and attention paid when you're in cat form versus flinging spells from range, but right now the difference is too extreme.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

At 845 ilvl I'm able to pull around 150k single target with very little healing, that's also with cenarion ward (cast able in cat form), and MoC for more energy. I throw down efflorescence and HoT the tank before pull if i can get into stealth then my rake will stun and deal 100% more dmg
    I also have macros set up so my shred puts me in cat form if i am not, which makes it a little easier, when I first started playing this style I found it to be a lot of work but now it doesn't bother me as much, mouse over macros also help.

It depends, when you pull enough mobs sunfire alone easily outdamages a holy priest. But yes, single target you have to go cat to be competitive.

I haven't done a lot of dps as a healer, but I've been wondering if it's worth to use Rip as a resto. According to my tooltip, Rip does slightly more damage than the base damage of Ferocious Bite, but if I use FB with 50 energy and Rake up, it does a LOT more damage than Rip. Slightly higher energy cost isn't a problem, since I'll just shift out of cat when I'm out of energy and apply a few hots.

Am I missing something, or is Rip just not worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crewsix View Post
    I use balance affinity solely because I like being able to pop into moonkin form and use flap for slowfall or just silly boomkin shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I use balance affinity solely because I like being able to pop into moonkin form and use flap for slowfall or just silly boomkin shenanigans.
    I do that too!

Or /dance in treeform.

Every now and then I try to do a little damage but always end up goofing around instead if healing is too easy.

When you come to terms with not having the time to play hardcore anymore, an amazing world of enjoying the little things opens up

Quote Originally Posted by aziras View Post
    I do that too!

Or /dance in treeform.

Every now and then I try to do a little damage but always end up goofing around instead if healing is too easy.

When you come to terms with not having the time to play hardcore anymore, an amazing world of enjoying the little things opens up
    Yeah I've always loved just messing around. One of my favorites is placing a campfire in treant form and running around as a flaming tree lol. The shapeshift forms really allow for some good fun. I don't mind trying to DPS to help the group move a little quicker but I've never been in a group where I was expected to do so and probably wouldn't join the group if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It depends, when you pull enough mobs sunfire alone easily outdamages a holy priest. But yes, single target you have to go cat to be competitive.
    Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    The shape change CD kills it for me.
    Same here, so annoying. Having to be in melee is a big enough penalty without also suffering a GCD whenever you want to DPS in cat form.