Deleted

The Affliction Artifact. Bug or Error? or am i insane?

Hello fellow Warlock players. Ive been hovering over this problem for a while. And it doesnt seem to be noticed in any patch or hotfix. So i need you guys to check if its just me being a wierdo.

Want someone else to confirm this. Affliction Artifact.

Reap souls. 10% increase dmg and double the effectivness of Artifacts traits per soul consumed. Alright sounds amazeballs.

The thing that is bugging me and ive reported this problem in a ticket and on b.net forums.

The tool tip says 10%, alright, then get a stack hover over it 10%, then try and get 12 stacks and then hover over it with you mouse, 120% dmg increase. Fair does.

Dot a target with corruption. keep and eye on the dmg tick. use reap souls. It only goes up 10%ish in dmg. then look at the "timed" buff and there it also only says 10% dmg increase.

i did it with a test, corruption did 5500 dmg per tick, used Reap, at 12 stacks. it went up to 6200 dmg. Thats roughly 10%. not 120% dmg increase.

So is it me thats going nuts over this or is it a bug or an text error?.

You're reading it wrong. At least as per the tooltip on Wowhead:

Consume all Tormented Souls collected by Ulthalesh, increasing your damage by 10% and doubling the effect of all of Ulthalesh's other traits for 5 sec per soul consumed.
    'per soul consumed' applies to the 'for 5 sec' not 'increasing your damage by 10% and doubling the effect...'. The duration of the buff is determined by the number of souls consumed. Consuming 12 souls means a 60 sec duration on the buff, not 120% damage and 4096 times trait effectiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YotsuMaboroshi View Post
    You're reading it wrong. At least as per the tooltip on Wowhead:

'per soul consumed' applies to the 'for 5 sec' not 'increasing your damage by 10% and doubling the effect...'. The duration of the buff is determined by the number of souls consumed. Consuming 12 souls means a 60 sec duration on the buff, not 120% damage and 4096 times trait effectiveness.
    Arh you missed the point of my thread mate, get 12 stacks. hover you mouse over the 12 stacks and tell me how much % it says

Deleted
    http: //i.imgur.com/RJcF7UY.png Here you go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudorandom View Post
    Pretty sure Tooltip error
    nuff said.

If you mouse over the ability at any time (the Reap Souls ability, not the tormented souls buff), it never changes regardless of the number of stacks, and always states 10%.

It's a tooltip bug on the Tormented Souls buff, most likely because someone screwed up coding how the buff stacks.