Got My Mind On My Money: Open end, 2.000.000g on one character

A bit more than 2 years ago I reached 1M [http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...one-character] and another 2 years earlier I got to 700k [http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...u-want-Blizz!] before the great lootgold nerf in 5.0.4. In almost the same timespan I looted 1M instead of "just" 300k.

So first of all the 2nd million was a lot easier/faster to farm/get than the first. 2 main reasons for this:
    1. Farming T7-T13 25(hc) + T14-T16 10man almost each week in less than 6 hours for about 5k lootgold before the 7.0 nerf.
    2. Farming LFG-Satchels that got buffed to 500-600g some time during WoD to compensate for the gold inflation I guess. This also didn't really help with the whole inflation problem. I cleared more 5man instances during WoD than in all those years since LFG was a thing (1200+). And many of those rewarded a Satchel. Around 160 counted by SatchelScanner (out of date) which I installed only a few months before WoD ended.

Other noteable sources for lootgold were/can be Lockboxes (Elementium/Ghost Iron) and the Bloody Gold Purse for Savage Blood. Now they cut down/adjusted the lootgold from old Content with 7.0 (~1.5k each from Wrath&Cata + ~2k from MoP25nhc (T14/15) and removed the Potion of Luck. The one change that I can't understand: LFG-Satchels reward even more gold (700-850 afaik). They wanted to cut down on inflation, so they should stick to it in every way.

Once again: I don't want a new AV, just to show jow simple this has become with just 1 character. 1M in two years instead of 300k. Lootgold from "old content" that I see as lucrative (T7-T15) hasn't changed much. It still rewards a useful amount that justifies the time investment. The amount that Cata25hc has lost is basically added to Wrath and MoP.
    But still I wonder if there is any "competion" besides Farmbots (i.e. those created similar amounts in weeks prior to certain nerf during Cata) since Potion of Luck got removed.

Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-09-16 at 03:56 AM.