What gear should i use on PvP?

Hello:

I was wondering: wich gear is the most effective in PvP? As a DH my primary stats are crit/versa. PvE gear gave tons of these, but PvP only focuses on versa. I have almost a full 840 PvP epic set right now and 845+ PvE gear.

Should i prioritize PvP gear over PvE?
    Mi blog personal: HotJoint

It doesn't matter in PvP. The only thing that matters in pvp is ilvl. Your stats are wiped clean and given a template in instanced PvP. For example, on my druid I could wear full feral agility gear with agility trinkets and heal as resto in instanced pvp.

Hi,

In relation to this topic, if I have regular PvE gear that's say 840 iLvL but I get a 805 iLvL PvP piece via world quests, would it be worth keeping my pvp piece? or does it not matter as my PvE piece is better as higher iLvL?

Thanks.

Here's the official quote from Blizzard:

"In Legion, as soon as you zone into a PvP instance, the stats on your gear will be nullified, and you'll be given a pre-determined set of stats that's uniquely configured for your specialization. Furthermore, any set bonuses, enchants, Legendary bonuses, or trinket effects will be deactivated (although your Artifact and its related Artifact Powers will remain active).

The only contribution your gear will make to your overall power is through a small modifier based on your average item level. For every point that your average item level increases, your pre-determined PvP stats will increase by 0.1%. That means a 25 item level difference between two players only results in a 2.5% difference in stats, compared to the 25% difference it makes today. There’s still a little incentive to improve your gear – a concept we think is important for World of Warcraft – but the benefits are much less pronounced."

So this means the stats on your gear mean nothing and ilvl is everything for arenas/battlegrounds. You could be wearing agility or strength gear as a healer and you would be fine. Equip the highest ilvl pieces you have for instanced pvp. Keep in mind this doesn't affect world pvp.

Thanx a lot
    Mi blog personal: HotJoint

Heya,

to be clear here, so it is no disadvantage if I farm Tank Gear for my PvE activities but use this gear as DPS spec in arena and BGs?

Greetings,
    Goregan

Quote Originally Posted by Goregan View Post
    Heya,

to be clear here, so it is no disadvantage if I farm Tank Gear for my PvE activities but use this gear as DPS spec in arena and BGs?

Greetings,
    Goregan
    That's correct u can have holly gear and trinkets and que as a dps spec and it won't matter. Only thing that matters is ur ilvl and artifact

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gion-PvP-Guide

Have a gander at that^

All that matters is your iLVL.

Example: I play Holy PvE and Disc PvP. I run around in dungeons/ instances in gear which provides the best stats (849 iLVL). However, when I do instanced PvP, I swap to my "PvP" set which has the highest item level pieces equipped (851 iLVL) in order to provide me with the highest stats possible. It does not matter what trinkets, set bonuses, gems or enchants or anything I have equipped. Just item level.

It's also good to note that even your artifact relic slot bonuses to traits are disabled in pvp content , only the Ilvl provided by those relics will be considered, so it is literally best to equip the highest possible ilvl regardless of whatever stats are on the pieces ( even if it's an agility trinket on a caster for example ).