Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Warlocks been destroyed by new nerf in PTR

Warlock PTR changes
    Demon Skin and Demonic Circle have swapped talent locations.
    Devour Magic has returned for Felhunters.
    Unstable Affliction now overlaps when cast multiple times, rather than “rolling” any remaining damage into the new cast. This does not change the total damage dealt by multiple casts, but makes it easier for players to see the strength of an Unstable Affliction on a given target.
    Compounding Horror trait redesigned: its buff causes your next Unstable Affliction to deal (32% Spell Power) Shadow damage instantly, stacking up to 5 times.
    (Affliction) Soul Effigy is now immune to AOE damage.
    (Demonology) Demonic Empowerment now increases health by 20% (was 50%).
    (Demonology) Thal’kiel’s consumption deals damage equal to 8% of pet health (from 6%).

So now beside doing low damage now warlocks will have survivability nerfed, this means its time to reroll, blizzard decide that warlocks arent a viable class any longer!

Boy, these alarmist sky is falling threads sure haven't gotten old in the past 12 years. Nope not even a little.

lol the talent swap is how it should have been in the first place.

Wasn't it already destroyed? Since...WoTLK? Idk I can't keep track.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Boy, these alarmist sky is falling threads sure haven't gotten old in the past 12 years. Nope not even a little.
    MMO-Champion forums: Where the sky is always falling

Math is hard. That is a net buff to Thal'Kiel's Consumption.

150 * .06 = 9
    120 * .08 = 9.6

It's a 6.66~% buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by landria View Post
    true, but there are a lot of things that should be different in the first place.

people need to understand that this change seen as an isolated case is okay, but in the bigger picture warlocks suck. So it is understandable that people feel angry/betrayed.
    It's like tasering a blind deaf, mute, cripple, with one eye who stole an apple from a store. Yes he did stole an apple, but did the police seriously need to taser him?

Quote Originally Posted by landria View Post
    The irony in this swap is that it was directly after the Q&A saying they didn't want Warlocks to be mobile and would rather them be more tanky. This puts Demonic Circle with Mortal Coil and Shadowfury, 2 talents which do virtually nothing for raiding. And it puts Demon Skin with Burning Rush and Dark Pact, so it's impossible to have both Demon Skin and Dark Pact, thus indirectly making us less tanky while more or less forcing mobility upon us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    Warlock PTR changes
    Demon Skin and Demonic Circle have swapped talent locations.
    Devour Magic has returned for Felhunters.
    Unstable Affliction now overlaps when cast multiple times, rather than “rolling” any remaining damage into the new cast. This does not change the total damage dealt by multiple casts, but makes it easier for players to see the strength of an Unstable Affliction on a given target.
    Compounding Horror trait redesigned: its buff causes your next Unstable Affliction to deal (32% Spell Power) Shadow damage instantly, stacking up to 5 times.
    (Affliction) Soul Effigy is now immune to AOE damage.
    (Demonology) Demonic Empowerment now increases health by 20% (was 50%).
    (Demonology) Thal’kiel’s consumption deals damage equal to 8% of pet health (from 6%).

So now beside doing low damage now warlocks will have survivability nerfed, this means its time to reroll, blizzard decide that warlocks arent a viable class any longer!
    Mathematically the demo "nerf" is actually a slight buff; 6% of 150% = 9, 8% of 120% = 9.6

THIS IS AMAZING ! no really.. AMAZING. our TCK got buffed and our survivability nerfed and suddenly we are DESTROYED!!! the whining culture here have to stop.. how can we be taken seriously if all we do is cry?
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Survivability of pets is slightly lowered, overall damage is increased, this is a good thing technically so don't panic quite yet.

Also let's be patient and see what the official to release notes are before - owh never mind, forums on fire again (more than normal).

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice that drain life is gone from Destro and Demo?

I can't be the only one that's noticed this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexenar View Post
    Anyone else notice that drain life is gone from Destro and Demo?

I can't be the only one that's noticed this.
    Probably incorrect data, I doubt they'd remove it (As we've not seen any change to Essence Drain in the PVP talents)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleful-Bal View Post
    Probably incorrect data, I doubt they'd remove it (As we've not seen any change to Essence Drain in the PVP talents)
    I just double-checked on the PTR and Destro and Demo no longer have Drain Life.
    Destro's artifact still has the trait for it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexenar View Post
    I just double-checked on the PTR and Destro and Demo no longer have Drain Life.
    Destro's artifact still has the trait for it though.
    Definitely a weird move if they do, i'll take the current PTR with a pinch of salt until it's complete, doesn't seem to be in it's current state. Since those unchanged traits either indicate simply those not being available by accident, or multiple talents/traits are about to be reworked.

Interesting to see though.

I remember before the expansion came out people said to stop whining...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Yeah really...it's getting old. It's been old.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful-Bal View Post
    Survivability of pets is slightly lowered, overall damage is increased, this is a good thing technically so don't panic quite yet.

Also let's be patient and see what the official to release notes are before - owh never mind, forums on fire again (more than normal).
    Our survivability was also indirectly nerfed, as we can no longer get Demon Skin and Dark Pact.

While I'm definitely in the "wait and see" camp right now, I don't know how some people can talk like the balance ball has never been dropped. Classes and specs have been mediocre to dogshit for large stretches of expansions before. Warlocks have been mediocre to dogshit for long stretches before. It has happened; it will happen again.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Don't worry, from what I've seen, they are fixing a lot of things. Yes, we are getting nerfed, but so is tank damage across the board, as well as retarded AOE on some classes, which is not what mythic runs should be about. People are speccing to get more AOE and not focusing on what really matters, and if it isn't fixed soon, we are going to have some very terrible raiders in those pugs (even worse than usual). I could care less about our super survivable talents and the swap. What I want seen, is the removal of the currently retarded AOE so people can learn to play the game properly.