Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Guess you missed all the other people leaving blizzard over the past few months. Good job trying to make someone look like an idiot when you don't know anything about what is being talked about.
    Ghostcrawler left like a year ago or so. Rob Pardo was roughly a year ago to. Metzen is recent but he's been there for an absurdly long amount of time. Craig was there for 10 years and that's even less time then Metzen.

Guess you missed the amount of time it's been since said folks have left. I can play snide to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Are ppl really this blind? Dev's leaving... talk of change in development (no longer aim to launch yearly expansions). There is a long long long gap coming and those devs that are not happy with that are leaving now.
    I suggest you read his blog post about why he's leaving before you and others take it upon yourselves to speak for him.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Humans are naturally lazy. Give them enough money to stop working and they will. The blog post is full of talk about "passions" "challenges" "creativity" blah blah blah... the only passion the guy's headed toward now is a chance to relax and spend money. That's all it's really about for a lot of people.
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Ghostcrawler left like a year ago or so.
    Ghostcrawler left nearly 3 years ago (Nov 2013). So quite a while now (it's crazy how time goes by so fast)

People come and go. Same with every other company on this planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    INB4 everyone at Blizz is slowling leaving to go to Rob Pardo new company to get rid of Activision
    You mean a company that won't succeed because new companies rarely ever succeed like ones that have been here for like ever and appeared at the perfect storm of time, such was blizzard with warcraft diablo and starcraft?

Sure, they can go lol.

People put too much weight on people leaving. Way too much. Career changes happen all the damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Two people is everyone? lol.
    Have you been under a rock all year? Plenty of ppl have left Blizzard this year.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Ghostcrawler, Bashiok, Crithto, Metzen, Amai. The list goes on and on actually. A lot of people have been leaving that have been with the company for a very long time and it's rather surprising.
    The contradiction is strong here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah... This bloke wasn't a world designer. He designed the "kill 10 wolves" and "collect 10 bear spleens" -quests. That's the extent of his design.

Also, he looks young enough to get a starter position at any firm and still make a 50 year career out of it.

Also also, never heard of him.
    Fucking hell people. He was the LEAD QUEST DESIGNER. Stop being lazy and read the linked post... the guy headed up a team and spear-headed the design and concepts for the artifact quest stuff.

People - try dealing in facts or you just look ridcululous.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Fucking hell people. He was the LEAD QUEST DESIGNER. Stop being lazy and read the linked post... the guy headed up a team and spear-headed the design and concepts for the artifact quest stuff.

People - try dealing in facts or you just look ridcululous.
    So, he actually didnt made those "collect zebra hooves" but he's the one that approved such monstrosities?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Two people is everyone? lol.
    plenty of others who have left, metzen,ghostcrawler, craig amai,tseric, there is quite alot who have left over the years

10+ Year Old Account
    So, he actually didnt made those "collect zebra hooves" but he's the one that approved such monstrosities?
    Nice troll. 1/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    INB4 everyone at Blizz is slowling leaving to go to Rob Pardo new company to get rid of Activision
    shit calling this too

Do you have any idea how many people leave and join Blizzard? You don't, because they aren't well known in the community. With these guys gone, some other employees that we never heard of before that worked there for who knows how long will take their place and become just as known over time when they do BlizzCon panels, Q&A's, interviews, etc. Blizz and WoW are fine, 5 people who left(that we know of) in last 3 years aren't even 1% of the total amount of devs they have.

Edit: Clarification - 5 people that actually matter(Chris Metzen, Rob Pardo, Nick Carpenter, Craig Amai, Ghostcrawler) in grand scheme of things. Community Managers do nothing that will impact the game.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2016-09-16 at 02:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler left like a year ago or so. Rob Pardo was roughly a year ago to. Metzen is recent but he's been there for an absurdly long amount of time. Craig was there for 10 years and that's even less time then Metzen.

Guess you missed the amount of time it's been since said folks have left. I can play snide to.
    GC left at the end of 2013 Rob Pardo early 2014 and the other old ass CM's are reaching almost a year of departure (aside from crintho).

But alas, what does it matter, people who spend a ridiculous amount of time change jobs all the time. I don't understand the need to post about it every other day. Most likely every week people leave from a team and another comes in, this is a ridiculously big company.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's called going out on a high note. Not that complicated really.

While I approve of the hair color, I generally prefer it on a girl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Guess you missed all the other people leaving blizzard over the past few months. Good job trying to make someone look like an idiot when you don't know anything about what is being talked about.
    Bronie's opinions don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    plenty of others who have left, metzen,ghostcrawler, craig amai,tseric, there is quite alot who have left over the years
    Metzen retired recently yes. But I wouldn't be surprised if new baby means he just wants more time with family.

Ghostcrawler left near enough 3 years ago. That's not recently unless you're in your 90s

Amai doesn't seem to be done with Blizzard according to the blog, just wow. He could after a break move to another Blizzard area.

As for Tseric that's nearly a decade ago back in 2007. How is he relevant to anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    - "Wow, got a new job on a new company who are developing a new MMO, i guess all my years working for blizz would surely come in handy"
    - "You, the new guy, you'll do the quest"
    - "Hey mister, im Craig Amai and i use to work for Blizz..."
    - "You.Do.The.Quests"
    - "Yes sir..."
    i know it's exactly this and it's why it makes no sense
    if you're not a game master than you have good job security with blizzard
    and when usa is a country that's falling apart it's kind of dumb to quit blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    Well Legion is the last xpack isn't? Legacy WoW is next
    legacy is never happening
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Ghostcrawler, Bashiok, Crithto, Metzen, Amai. The list goes on and on actually. A lot of people have been leaving that have been with the company for a very long time and it's rather surprising.
    It's not surprising. I think a lot of people idolise Blizzard as the end game but when it comes to professional satisfaction, anything can go stale and start to feel inhibiting. It takes a lot of energy to be passionate all the time and Blizzard demands that of you. The people demand that of you. The players too. It can and will become exhausting. Craig put it well by saying "there is nowhere better than Blizzard" but that doesn't mean there isn't something more challenging or just different.

Metzen wants to write comics. Ghostcrawler wanted to shift into top-level management and big picture design. Crithto wanted something different and found a social rep job for a company he was really passionate about supporting. Craig wants to try making something of his own, his twitter has no less than 360 tiny game pitches on it from the last 2 years. People want to do things beyond achieving their dream job after 10+ years.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually GC left 3 years ago. You're perception is warped by a phenomena called "WoD Space/Time".

10+ Year Old Account
    you're ignorance is amazing
    activision has nothing to do with wow/blizzard
    the only thing robert kotick does to blizzard is leech some proffits from mikes salary...
    robert protected blizzard by removing vivendi from being activisions parent when vivendi was going to do some hostile take over bullshit
    the high ups at blizz along with robert all worked together paying hundreds of millions to get rid of vivendi

the blizzard owners/staff would not of done that if robert kotick was the problem they would of sided with vivendi to get rid of "activision"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    It's not surprising. I think a lot of people idolise Blizzard as the end game but when it comes to professional satisfaction, anything can go stale and start to feel inhibiting. It takes a lot of energy to be passionate all the time and Blizzard demands that of you. The people demand that of you. The players too. It can and will become exhausting. Craig put it well by saying "there is nowhere better than Blizzard" but that doesn't mean there isn't something more challenging or just different.

Metzen wants to write comics. Ghostcrawler wanted to shift into top-level management and big picture design. Crithto wanted something different and found a social rep job for a company he was really passionate about supporting. Craig wants to try making something of his own, his twitter has no less than 360 tiny game pitches on it from the last 2 years. People want to do things beyond achieving their dream job after 10+ years.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually GC left 3 years ago. You're perception is warped by a phenomena called "WoD Space/Time".
    wow was obviously not their dream job
    you don't quit your dream job

metzen didn't quit
    he retired because he is a multi millionaire
    he said he will continue to play as thrall..meaning he did not quit he just doesn't want to be the guy who tells everyone what to do anymore when mike is busy with something else
    -Proffesional Necromancer-