Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Isaac Haye's Son claims his father did not quit South Park. Someone did for him.

It's been over 10 years since "Trapped in the Closet" aired. And 8 since Isaac Hayes has died. Keep this in mind as you read this.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/isaac...k-for-him.html

Isaac Hayes did not quit South Park; someone quit South Park for him. What happened was that in January 2006 my dad had a stroke and lost the ability to speak. He really didn't have that much comprehension, and he had to relearn to play the piano and a lot of different things. He was in no position to resign under his own knowledge. At the time, everybody around my father was involved in Scientology — his assistants, the core group people. So someone quit South Park on Isaac Hayes's behalf. We don't know who.
    I know this may fall under religious discussion but this is really REALLY fucked if this is what happened.

Edit: If the grammar error in the title could be fixed that would be great thank you. His name is Hayes. Not "Haye's"

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so someone quit South Park for him, it sounds like he couldn't do the job or as stated, resign the contract anyway after the stroke....so I mean sure it's fucked but so was his brain.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    God damn, it just feels like he was taken advantage of in his poor state to push an agenda that may well not have been his own.

Now I'm sad again >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Okay, so someone quit South Park for him, it sounds like he couldn't do the job or as stated, resign the contract anyway after the stroke....so I mean sure it's fucked but so was his brain.
    Yeah but then why didn't they say he resigned because of health issues? If this is true then the church used him as a figurehead to push their agenda.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1525988/isaa...ligious-jokes/

This article from MTV over 10 years ago states that he resigned because his religion was attacked, even though South Park isn't afraid of putting everything else on the chopping block right now. They just made fun of Trump last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Yeah but then why didn't they say he resigned because of health issues? If this is true then the church used him as a figurehead to push their agenda.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1525988/isaa...ligious-jokes/

This article from MTV over 10 years ago states that he resigned because his religion was attacked, even though South Park isn't afraid of putting everything else on the chopping block right now. They just made fun of Trump last night.
    Oh god new season. <3 Thank you for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Oh god new season. <3 Thank you for reminding me.
    They made fun of both Trump and Hillary. It's a really good episode but I miss the boy being boys type episodes.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    They made fun of both Trump and Hillary. It's a really good episode but I miss the boy being boys type episodes.
    Me too, I think that's why I enjoyed the storyline of Stick of Truth as much as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    I know this may fall under religious discussion but this is really REALLY fucked if this is what happened.
    Scientology isn't a religion it's a murderous highly corrupt cult so IMO you're topic is in the clear.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    South Park was exceedingly clear that they never blamed Isaac Hayes. They blamed the people who warped his mind.

This revelation changes nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Because the story was the quit South park because of they made fun of Scientology, and now you have his son saying ''wasn't because of that, he just couldn't do it for medical reasons''

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Scientology is a cult not a religion.
    Not disagreeing with the fact that its a cult however

The early Romans and the Jews also thought something similar of Christianity, outright dismissing them might be a bit to much
    Last edited by ati87; 2016-09-16 at 07:21 AM.

Though, for a while after Hayes' departure from the show, Matt and Trey (the heads of South Park) had beef with Hayes. They resolved it before his death, so they say, but I doubt they'd be mad at HIM if he didn't resign on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Scientology is a cult not a religion.
    Sorry, but the only real difference between the two is in how widely accepted they are. Or in other words, they are fundamentally the same thing.

is scientology even taken seriously anymore lmao

Don't worry, the leader of Scientology was blown up by Genesis so we're all safe now.
    Signature not found

Deleted
    I wonder how someone that seems so down to earth even got into such a cooky cult?

South Park 4 life.

Scientology has a history of using people with debilitating illness. You can Google all kinds of stories of people dying, being diverted from actual hospitals by Scientologists to get treatment from their "own" doctor.

Deleted
    it was that FRUITY LITTLE CLUB, I KNEW IT!

RIP chef :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Scientology has a history of using people with debilitating illness. You can Google all kinds of stories of people dying, being diverted from actual hospitals by Scientologists to get treatment from their "own" doctor.
    Same argument I will use against the person that called it a cult

http://www.christianhealingprayers.com/

Christians do it as well so why is it a problem when others do it? Is this again the ''ok if we do it but its stupid when the others do it''?

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Same argument I will use against the person that called it a cult

http://www.christianhealingprayers.com/

Christians do it as well so why is it a problem when others do it? Is this again the ''ok if we do it but its stupid when the others do it''?
    Show me incidents of other people doing the same thing; pulling people out of ambulances to put them into a car to get them to the "christian healer" and I'll say the same thing.

But really, I don't think they have the balls. They advocate prayer instead of medicine, but even they are hands off because they don't want to go to jail for killing people.