Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To be fair, didn't they make thre episode "Super Adventure Club" to completely shit all over chef at the time? That's kinda another sad part I guess, I can't imagine Stone and Parker didn't get along well with the guy up until then, idk
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The episode where they spliced up Chef's voice after he left the show and turned him into Darth Vader in the end was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Show me incidents of other people doing the same thing; pulling people out of ambulances to put them into a car to get them to the "christian healer" and I'll say the same thing.

But really, I don't think they have the balls. They advocate prayer instead of medicine, but even they are hands off because they don't want to go to jail for killing people.
    Wasn't there a news story linked on these forums a few weeks ago about a toddler that died because his parents chose to pray for him rather than seek medical care?

I'm sorry, but I don't see the difference between Scientology or any other religion.

Believing in ancient alien spirits trapped in people is crazy, but eating the flesh of a cosmic zombie so you can go play in the clouds is rational and sane?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Wasn't there a news story linked on these forums a few weeks ago about a toddler that died because his parents chose to pray for him rather than seek medical care?

I'm sorry, but I don't see the difference between Scientology or any other religion.

Believing in ancient alien spirits trapped in people is crazy, but eating the flesh of a cosmic zombie so you can go play in the clouds is rational and sane?
    I mean, I already explained this but I could say it again slower. These weren't family members or friends letting people know what kind of care they wanted; they were representatives of the Church of Scientology intercepting their church members on the way to the hospital to divert them to a for-profit Scientologist doctor.

Maybe the difference is subtle, but I still recognize quite a difference between an organized for-profit industry that results in death of its customers and parents who probably want the best for their kids, despite being stupid which is actually their right.

Man who can't speak quits voice acting job. Amazing thread 10/10.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I already explained this but I could say it again slower. These weren't family members or friends letting people know what kind of care they wanted; they were representatives of the Church of Scientology intercepting their church members on the way to the hospital to divert them to a for-profit Scientologist doctor.

Maybe the difference is subtle, but I still recognize quite a difference between an organized for-profit industry that results in death of its customers and parents who probably want the best for their kids, despite being stupid which is actually their right.
    It's all crazy. You're just arguing to what degree.

Is talking to your shoes less crazy than thinking you're Abraham Lincoln trapped in the body of an amphibian cyborg? Yeah, but they're still both crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Whatever your personal believes are - Scientology does count indeed as a religion
    (I have believes similar to your about other religions and how they don't or have not in the past differed from Scientology - not in what they preach but in how they act)
    No it doesn't. That's why it's been banned in countries for being a cult. It would be banned here if it wasn't for all the blackmailing the Scientologists did of their IRS investigators. Scientology is a cult, was created as a cult and its entire purpose is to make money. Period. End of story. There is no debate about it because that's what the founder of the goddamned cult said.

Didnt like the way Chef was being portrayed as a Pedo
    the Hunting Club

yeah Chef...Butters says kinda hy

Your arguing semantics now, in both cases you have some guy telling them to believe in something .

I'm not saying that Scientology isn't a cult, clearly having people live in their own ''zone'' and having to spend a ton of money to be part of the group is rather telling (like those Jesus preachers on tv)

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Your arguing semantics now, in both cases you have some guy telling them to believe in something .
    In one case it's a parent making a choice for their own children, in the other it isn't.

Is it crazy for an individual to say they aren't going to go to a doctor, and they're going to pray instead? Maybe, but there's nothing morally wrong about it. It's their choice. Parents making decisions for their children is in line with this.

Scientologist representatives deciding for incapacitated people what their medical care is is a lot different, and it's also illegal without proper paperwork being completed ahead of time, which of course it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    In one case it's a parent making a choice for their own children, in the other it isn't.

Is it crazy for an individual to say they aren't going to go to a doctor, and they're going to pray instead? Maybe, but there's nothing morally wrong about it. It's their choice. Parents making decisions for their children is in line with this.

Scientologist representatives deciding for incapacitated people what their medical care is is a lot different, and it's also illegal without proper paperwork being completed ahead of time, which of course it isn't.
    Are you serious? There's nothing morally wrong with killing your child?

IN both cases it's their parents choice, you call Scientology brainwashing while when that same thing happens with potentially your own religion you call it a choice (its irrelevant if your christian or not btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    is scientology even taken seriously anymore lmao
    It's never been taken seriously by anyone except the mentally ill who drink it's particular flavor of kool-aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I'm not saying that Scientology isn't a cult, clearly having people live in their own ''zone'' and having to spend a ton of money to be part of the group is rather telling (like those Jesus preachers on tv)
    That's not quite semantics. Unless this representative of the Church Of Scientology has legal guardianship, or a written and signed medical power of attorney from the member, authorizing a Scientology Rep to make medical decisions on their behalf, then they have absolutely no say whatsoever in the medical care of that member.

That's the main difference in these two scenarios. A parent has the legal right to make decisions for their child, regardless of how idiotic they may be. But only under legal authorization does a random Scientology rep have those same rights over one of their membership.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2016-09-16 at 01:32 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by partshark View Post
    No it doesn't. That's why it's been banned in countries for being a cult. It would be banned here if it wasn't for all the blackmailing the Scientologists did of their IRS investigators. Christianity and Scientology are cults, was created as cults and their entire purpose is to make money. Period. End of story. There is no debate about it because that's what the founder of the goddamned cult said.
    Fixed that for you. What's the difference, really? The church seized riches back in the day (and still do through taxes). It's just more mainstream than Scientology.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    That's not quite semantics. Unless this representative of the Church Of Scientology has legal guardianship, or a written and signed medical power of attorney from the member, authorizing a Scientology Rep to make medical decisions on their behalf, then they have absolutely no say whatsoever in the medical care of that member.

That's the main difference in these two scenarios. A parent has the legal right to make decisions for their child, regardless of how idiotic they may be. But only under legal authorization does a random Scientology rep have those same rights over one of their membership.
    Both cases child dies, the argument is if somebody signed a piece of paper or not.

End result is the same

IN both cases it's their parents choice, you call Scientology brainwashing while when that same thing happens with potentially your own religion you call it a choice (its irrelevant if your christian or not btw)
    It's not the parents choice in both cases; but I'm arguing with a brick wall. I expect you've had very little interaction with either Scientologists or Christians, tbh.

Not to say that I am a fan of religion in the first place... but Scientology and Christianity are not even in the same vein... both may be some constructs of power through pressure/shaming, but... well. Please go watch the documentary called "Going Clear", then realize some of us poor Floridians have to be on the same plane of existence as Clearwater, FL. How they haven't been apprehended for what is essentially a slave trade and crime ring is far beyond me... I feel bad for the brainwashed and abused fools in the Sea Org.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see the new episode on Saturday.

Best 10 weeks of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.