noticed my character /say something weird while playing.

Just noticed my character say something resembling faceless one language.

log'loth zalix za muoq'vsh

It was just during normal play during a boss fight. I Was just wondering if anyone else had noticed their character /saying anything like that. Maybe related to hidden artifact appearance/ability, or maybe just a little addition to the whispers from your dagger.

Deleted
    Could be your weapon.

Mine says "this is not what I signed up for" when I fish for example. Now I think of it, it whispers, not /say.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't attempt to type anything in chat at the time, while having like, curse of tongues or similar? Maybe an addon like DBM or similar made an output in say such as "Terrible spell on me" while under the influcence of such a buff?

Otherwise, it might be something interesting. From the text you typed it doesn't sound like demonic at least, which would rule out Curse of Tongues, but there might be similar PvE debuffs for the.. err, old tongue? Dunnos.

Interesting either way.. Loving these things, makes the game seem a little bit mystic again, for the first time since Vanilla <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    This is normal. While you're in shadow form you don't speak the common tongue.

You can manually type or if you have an addon that shouts out interrupts or anything of that nature like DBM/BigWigs shout notifications.
    Aww, I was right I suppose Bit sad..

10+ Year Old Account
    i find it odd what was typed out wasn't understood by the race that typed it out.

if i see a nelf yell something unintelligible, when i'm on a gnome, or horde seeing an alli say something.
    i'd expect what OP saw.

seeing something like that on the same char that typed it out? sounds like an addon, or less likely, something in game.

whatever did do it, it was typed out to be nu-intelligible on purpose, but good idea about curse of tongues
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    This is normal. While you're in shadow form you don't speak the common tongue.

You can manually type or if you have an addon that shouts out interrupts or anything of that nature like DBM/BigWigs shout notifications.
    spriests cant understand themselves when in void form?
    Last edited by Christan; 2016-09-16 at 09:00 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

just to clarify, i didn't type anything out. My character just automatically said that. And you guys are right. when you are in voidform you talk in old god language or something. Not while out of voidform, just in voidform. I just tried it out. kinda interesting.

It might be a minor problem in raids though. If certain mechanics rely on you seeing a dbm chatbox from some player. It might cause some confusion.

Deleted
    It's our Dbm which make us speak in voidform. As for the faceless langage, you cant understand yourself and it's ok. The same thing happened for former demonology warlock when they used their metamorphosis.
    Last edited by mmoce8ee74f33e; 2016-09-16 at 12:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zellgren View Post
    It might be a minor problem in raids though. If certain mechanics rely on you seeing a dbm chatbox from some player. It might cause some confusion.
    Especially because Old God Speak sounds like you're mashing the keyboard in panic.

If you're in organised raiding with voip, and such an issue arrises where bad mechanic happens whilst you're in void form you can always call it out on voip.

For raiding without voip it may be a slight issue. But I don't think it'll be game breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was funny, this happened to me yesterday while in a mythic dungeon with my guildies, one of them asked me wtf I am writing and what is going on with me :-D

No, of course during course of 983247509238457093 changes to void form since the launch of pre-patch no one ever noticed that. You're first.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    No, of course during course of 983247509238457093 changes to void form since the launch of pre-patch no one ever noticed that. You're first.
    You must be fun at parties. Useless post.

OT: Interesting, this sounds pretty damn cool. Maybe i will create a macro on my void torrent to say something, lol.

In the updated Violet Hold dungeon I noticed that I was getting the translation of what the faceless one was saying, but nobody else was. This was whether or not I was in voidform. I've also had the random void tongue while in voidform.

Also, I think Xal'atath is an omnicidal maniac judging by some of the commentary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    In the updated Violet Hold dungeon I noticed that I was getting the translation of what the faceless one was saying, but nobody else was. This was whether or not I was in voidform. I've also had the random void tongue while in voidform.

Also, I think Xal'atath is an omnicidal maniac judging by some of the commentary.
    I think it is pretty obvious that Xal'tath is either partially or fully old god.
    During Xavius i think it was, she talks about whispering and guess what is the number 1 thing whispering from the titan keepers to Deathwing? The old gods.