Deleted

Protection Warrior needs help with math!

Ok so I don't have the math and I was wondering if some one can do it for me?

I need the Haste point where I can, using Heavy Repercussions, keep my shield block active with minimal/no downtime, without into the fray.
    Given the T19 2 and 4 piece set bonus I figured you can crit block so much on Mythic+ packs that you will be able to spam so much IPs with the Vengeance talent. I figured that would get me to sustaining my IP all the time in packs of mobs, taking only 10% damage, have my shield slam hit harder and get dragon scales to proc more often.

If you can do so, considering the 2 set piece bonus (20% more crit block) and having the haste cap to keep Shield Block up all the cam, can you work out does mastery overtake versatility? I think it should cause you would want more blocks and more rage from the 4 set piece bonus, not to mention taking less damage.

Thank you in advance.

The discussion you are looking for is actually on a sticky in the same Forum you posted (i.e. [7.0 Guide] Protection - Back with Vengeance).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenxis View Post
    The discussion you are looking for is actually on a sticky in the same Forum you posted (i.e. [7.0 Guide] Protection - Back with Vengeance).
    Not sure if this cap is mentioned in the sticky.

OT: If I recall correctly, it was around 29%
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

No, it's not. And I am sorry, my post is kinda misleading. The discussion I was actually reffering to is linked at the end of the Stats and Stat Weights category in that same sticky.

And yes, about there
    Last edited by Grenxis; 2016-09-16 at 10:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenxis View Post
    No, it's not. And I am sorry, my post is kinda misleading. The discussion I was actually reffering to is linked at the end of the Stats and Stat Weights category in that same sticky.

And yes, about there
    Well the stat priority took an unfortunate shift. favoring versatility and mastery over haste. maybe it's just my subconcious rejection of versatility because of the low scales in WoD. Still think keeping shieldblock up 100% is an amazing benefit for a tank and ill still try getting the 29% if not ill just switch my gear.
    Thanks for pointing me thowards the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trexer View Post
    Well the stat priority took an unfortunate shift. favoring versatility and mastery over haste. maybe it's just my subconcious rejection of versatility because of the low scales in WoD. Still think keeping shieldblock up 100% is an amazing benefit for a tank and ill still try getting the 29% if not ill just switch my gear.
    Thanks for pointing me thowards the thread
    I've never been a fan of versatility as a tanking stat myself and always loved haste, especially last expansion on my prot pally Got used to the quick rotations, though, decided to main a warrior for this one and it kinda saddened me a few days ago when I found out a new stat priority was simmed (would not have been too sad if I could run my own sims instead ).

I am still with my haste build but I will definitely be holding on some versatility pieces.

I just actually found the post I wanted to point out for you (sorry, didn't have the time earlier). I hope you will be interested to read it before deciding on swapping out pieces. That same thread, page. 148, post #2957, by Marok again. You might also want to give some attention to a few of celinamuna's posts beforehand.
    Last edited by Grenxis; 2016-09-16 at 02:28 PM.