[RET] Blessing of Might double dipping with Colossus Smash

I don't know if it is a known issue, but Blessing of Might is apparently double dipping with damage increase debuffs on targets.
    In this specific case, Colossus Smash.

Was doing a Violet Hold with a ret Guildie and on last Boss (Saelorn) i was checking skada and there it was.

A 1.63M hit should proc a 30% Blessing of Might, which is ~489.000 approximately.
    The thing is that my colossus smash is increasing the target's damage taken by 117% (base + mastery%, which is atm 102%).
    That means that BoM would do, if accounting the CS debuff, 489.000 * (1 + 1.17), which equals to 1.061.130 damage.
    Of course, there are some broken percentages involved, including skada doing a reduction to 1.01M and CS being something like 117.X%.

I already reported the issue, but if this is intended, then you can say that arms is one of ret's best friend for personal dps gains.

Tl;DR Arms warriors are one of your best friends for personal gains.

Pics of Skada
    Mortal Strike Max Hit (~1.63M)
    http://puu.sh/rdguP/21aabea5fb.jpg

Blessing of Might Proc (~1.01M)
    http://puu.sh/rdgvu/eeace123f7.jpg
    Last edited by Ferozan; 2016-09-16 at 03:25 PM.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

It double dipped on Gorefiend during the Devour Souls phase as well.

Deleted
    Yeap dunno if it is intended to work that way but regurarly pairing with an arms war from personal experience makes BoM become my 3rd damage dealing ability which is amazing. Alas seems that the general opinion in these forums is to use BoM on highest damage dealers in group as the best go-to. My anecdotal experience is that this generalization is not optimal.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Technically it's focused rage that's the issue with Arms over performing not CS.

But yeah this is intended for it to work this way, for every stars align RNG god result like that there's another that got the other end of the stick, I.E the minimum hit being 2.6k. What's not intended is for super mortal strikes to be hitting that hard, hence Blizzard hot-fixing a nerf in and working on more.
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-09-16 at 03:54 PM.

FR doesn't affect this, it simply made it have more visibility because of the big number and the short fight duration.
    The minimum hits are from a BM hunter. That means that all his pets and guardians also proc BoM. Since they attack really fast but for small hits, you get more procs of lesser damage.

If i proc 1 time a 1M damage on a CS with those values (+-100% damage), Might would deal 300k + 300k from the CS, totalling 600k.
    If i proc 10 times 100k damage on a CS with those values (+-100% damage), Might would deal 30k + 30k from the CS for each proc, totalling 600k as well.

That means that BoM on an arms warrior have a 10% to proc 30%+ damage when CS is off. When CS is on, the damage is also multiplied by the CS increased damage, which in this current build that focuses mastery as a main stat, is a lot.

EDIT:
    Assuming a case of average numbers where an Arms warrior with a +100% damage increase CS and another random spec are doing the same average of 100k DPS. BoM would average for 3k dps for the ret, being ~3% of their dps.

Arms, however, deals that dps including CS windows.
    If arms had a 0% uptime on CS, the damage increase would be of ~3% to the ret.
    If arms had a 100% uptime on CS, the damage would be increased by the CS percentage as well. It would be translated in a ~6% of arms' dps for the ret.

The other spec has no damage debuffs on the target, meaning his BoM would only give the ret +-3% damage of his dps.

Of course, in a real situation, arms' procs wouldn't occur always in CS windows, because it does not have a 100% uptime in fights.
    It doesn't matter if i have 100 procs of 10 damage or 1 proc of 1000 damage, as long as they occur inside a CS window, the ret is getting more dps out from these procs than a class that doesn't have a damage taken increasing debuff.
    Last edited by Ferozan; 2016-09-16 at 04:18 PM.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows