Thread: SotW nerf.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    When an 801 ww, with artifact points in RSK (4 pts in total i think), destroys 835 players (in that mythic dungeon it was rogue and shadow), are you really surprised that our insanely overpowered ability gets nerfed? Along with storm, earth and fire, fist of fury, whirling dragon punch our aoe and single target is pretty cray cray
    Aren't Shadow Priests the worst at AOE right now? Also, on trash, if you're not Combat as a Rogue, you're not going to be doing a lot of AOE DPS. So, a 801 WW Monk out DPSing those isn't saying much. Out DPS Havoc Demon Hunters, Combat Rogues, Hunters; then we can talk.

Personally, what I find way more surprising is Arcane Mages. I had one in my group today and he gets to do 500k DPS by spamming Arcane Explosion. Now, I know Strike of the Windlord is overpowered, but as a WW Monk we have at least 7 abilities we need to use during AOE to be effective, further complicated by our mastery, the Hit Combo talent and Spinning Crane Kick, while an Arcane Mage only really needs 3 at the most. Is that fair then?

Also, Frost Death Knights, who used to be king of AOE DPS, are useless. Single target is even worse. I really wish that, instead of worrying about the OP classes, they woud look at the weak ones first. Certain specs are just plain bad and will never be taken in a Mythic run. WW Monk AOE burst is ridiculous, but it doesn't hinder our gameplay; it does for others, which is a far greater problem.
    Statix will suffice.

Probably the reason they don't want to buff/upwards balance classes is that it would make content easier which means Blizzard would need to perform the more difficult task of balancing mob health in conjunction with upward balancing.

Regarding SCK debuff showing if you use tidyplates that add on will show the debuffs you have on enemy hp bars which makes the job a lot easier. I wish tab targeting was better though - Blizzard stated they had improved it but I find it less reliable in Legion.
    Last edited by Juliansfist; 2016-09-20 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    How? Please, explain how. I sit at 850 ilvl right now on my WW and at the start of a fight is when I am at my peak for DPS. As the fight progresses(Bosses) my dps drops to be middle of the pack. Our positive right now is our burst is high and quick but once that goes, we drop back down. So, I personally think the nerf to our Artifact ability isn't right. If anyone looks at logs, you'll see that Strike of the Windlord isn't even in the top 3 abilities in dps in a dungeon for us. So why is the nerf justified? better question is, how? We hit hard at first but drop back down quickly after so that means nerf us?

I run a few mythic groups in my guild and DH,Mages(fire and arcane), Warriors(Fury and Arms), and even some Pallies(Prot and Ret) pass my AoE dps and I am sitting at very high Mastery lvls right now so I think this nerf is more so happening because of word of mouth. People are crying that they see a monk at the START of a trash pull doing alot but than they dont watch what happens shortly after. Look at logs. They'll say otherwise.
    If your aoe is being matched by a mage, warrior, or paladin, it is because you are garbage at the spec

People are crying that they see a monk at the START of a trash pull doing alot but than they dont watch what happens shortly after. Look at logs. They'll say otherwise.
    There is no shortly after when I pop CDs on trash, the trash is just dead. I use FSK/Chi Wave to keep my 8 stack hit combo going if the tank is slow and if I have SEF/SOTW up the next trash pack is getting deleted. Though it helps that I usually group with a DH so he groups the mobs tightly most times. In Mythic+ I might actually take chi burst to use instead of chi wave, but packs don't really live through SoTW/FoF or SCK

Quote Originally Posted by Slappadappa View Post
    If your aoe is being matched by a mage, warrior, or paladin, it is because you are garbage at the spec
    Lol no, thats not it. It's more so those other specs I mentioned are up there in DPS when it comes to AoE. I am playing with a Mythic based raiding guild who know their shit so player skill also factors in keep that in mind. Im always at the top, Im not saying otherwise but I am saying that those specs and some others as well are competing in numbers when it comes to AoE.

Lol no, thats not it. It's more so those other specs I mentioned are up there in DPS when it comes to AoE. I am playing with a Mythic based raiding guild who know their shit so player skill also factors in keep that in mind. Im always at the top, Im not saying otherwise but I am saying that those specs and some others as well are competing in numbers when it comes to AoE.
    Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with the other guy that said you aren't doing something right if any of those classes you mentioned come close to WW AoE dmg before the nerf today.

DHs are the only class that would rival our AoE dmg, hence why they are being nerfed as well. Absolutely hilarious when a WW/DH are in the same mythic group. 2-3 million dmg burst and if the adds live 10-15 seconds you can easily sustain 1m+dmg. Meanwhile whoever the 3rd dps is..lol? afk?

No more "i win" button will force WW to manage SCK/FoF in AoE scenarios now and will probably force some people to stop playing the class because some folks don't wanna mange stuff..they just wanna press the "i win" button or play flavor of the month classes and then cry when they get tuned down.

did they post any information about windlord nerf yet?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Dhs don't rival they murder us without sef on AoE, and the shit part about managing sck is that I went the opposite way on the talent tree and it wouldn't be worth it to get it instead on the gold dragon I'm 2 traits away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Dhs don't rival they murder us without sef on AoE, and the shit part about managing sck is that I went the opposite way on the talent tree and it wouldn't be worth it to get it instead on the gold dragon I'm 2 traits away from.
    I'm yet to be beaten by a DH consistently. In fact I've made injured the egos of a few who thought they were top shit. This is both ST and AoE. For the trash we currently have I don't usually bother with SEF unless it's a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    I'm yet to be beaten by a DH consistently. In fact I've made injured the egos of a few who thought they were top shit. This is both ST and AoE. For the trash we currently have I don't usually bother with SEF unless it's a boss.
    Hey Jules, its me Gnip, and I agree. Its fun crushing DH's in dungeons.

I wish I had taken a screenshot of the one that whispered "you guys need a nerf" I LOLed, hard.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

It appears to be at least 50% less to secondary targets, either that or I'm having issues with something. My testing is proving chaotic. Definitely don't take my word for it, I'd love to know the actual number but it feels so much weaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Much better than shamans who are NEVER EVER, not even for a weak, OP. They always nerf us in beta just to buff us in the first days of raiding because others are 30 or 50% better...
    That is the tax shamans pay for being gods in Vanilla PVP. DK's have the same problem, they got to be gods at the start of wrath for everything and never again will they be at the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JusticarGames View Post
    Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with the other guy that said you aren't doing something right if any of those classes you mentioned come close to WW AoE dmg before the nerf today.

DHs are the only class that would rival our AoE dmg, hence why they are being nerfed as well. Absolutely hilarious when a WW/DH are in the same mythic group. 2-3 million dmg burst and if the adds live 10-15 seconds you can easily sustain 1m+dmg. Meanwhile whoever the 3rd dps is..lol? afk?

No more "i win" button will force WW to manage SCK/FoF in AoE scenarios now and will probably force some people to stop playing the class because some folks don't wanna mange stuff..they just wanna press the "i win" button or play flavor of the month classes and then cry when they get tuned down.
    I do mythics with a DH and WW, I just went single target spec because I can't get more then a sunfire rolling on some trash. Boss time comes and I get to skyrocket above them.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Hey Jules, its me Gnip, and I agree. Its fun crushing DH's in dungeons.

I wish I had taken a screenshot of the one that whispered "you guys need a nerf" I LOLed, hard.
    Haha hey Gnip it's been ages! Yes drink up those emo DH tears. Whenever I hear a DH npc bitch about giving up everything I want to slap them and say I didn't even need a reason I gave up everything in the pursuit of martial perfection for its own sake.

In other news a 50% damage nerf is good news if that means it is not damage splitting.

lawl, that nerf on 6+ targets (crab packs by serpentrix). meanwhile, DH's still destroying big AoE packs without fel barrage
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by dasquee View Post
    It appears to be at least 50% less to secondary targets, either that or I'm having issues with something. My testing is proving chaotic. Definitely don't take my word for it, I'd love to know the actual number but it feels so much weaker...
    I am finding it closer to 60% on secondary targets.

Deleted
    Anything official?

Wait. The nerf is live? I thought it was still being tested...

Quote Originally Posted by nightmann View Post
    Wait. The nerf is live? I thought it was still being tested...
    it's live on US at least

1 target – 100% damage to the main target
    2 targets – 100 damage to the main target then 50% to the second target
    3 targets – damage split 100/33/33
    4 targets – 100/25/25/25
    10 targets – 100/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10

nerfed into the ground.

approx 75% dmg split between all the adds. amounts to like a 2-600% nerf depending on size of the pack obvsly. now ww is average, brewmaster is shite, and mw is average.

life as a monk post mop

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    1 target – 100% damage to the main target
    2 targets – 100 damage to the main target then 50% to the second target
    3 targets – damage split 100/33/33
    4 targets – 100/25/25/25
    10 targets – 100/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10

nerfed into the ground.

approx 75% dmg split between all the adds. amounts to like a 2-600% nerf depending on size of the pack obvsly. now ww is average, brewmaster is shite, and mw is average.

life as a monk post mop
    holy F*** THANKS BLIZZARD. That's such a ridiculously huge nerf considering where our single target is. Just making it that much harder to get a raid spot as ww.
    Last edited by halfawake; 2016-09-20 at 09:44 PM.