Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    As a ret Paladin who frequently runs mythics with DKs, I feel like you're crying for no reason about something easily fixed with a talent choice. Take Cavalier and laugh at the silly DKs with no mobility as I do.

Nothing better than having a guildie DK bitch about my "fucking horse."

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    "The best choice in this tier is clearly Blessing of Spellwarding, which is a powerful cooldown that allows you to deal with magic attacks." -Icy Veins

And in case you have no clue, Blessing of Spellwarding is on the same Talent tier as Cavalier.
    oh boy you dont go and follow that guides like that lmao

- - - Updated - - -

it: killed odyn 2-3 on mythic and dont even remember if i had problems with. with prot pally.
    I guess it was one-shoted ez pz like all others mythics

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    oh boy you dont go and follow that guides like that lmao
    Better than the shit Noxxic puts out that you read.

nox what? never readed noxxic lmao again.

edit: you can read the talents.
    edit2: By yourself.
    Last edited by shonist; 2016-09-19 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    Please keep writing stuff, it's rather hilarious to watch you keep making yourself look like a complete dummy when it comes to paladin talents. I think most of the other people in this thread would agree.

and let me be very clear. I only read ic-veins for guides. but you dont select everything they said if you need a little more of movement to not die.

Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    Please keep writing stuff, it's rather hilarious
    Not as hilarious as your incoming ban.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    it: killed odyn 2-3 on mythic and dont even remember if i had problems with. with prot pally.
    I guess it was one-shoted ez pz like all others mythics
    Only issues I came across was with Cordana, and that was just because we were handling the light badly honestly personally. I think OP's issue more is how much of a DPS loss it causes on the though, not whether or not it's actually hard.

Mythic Odyn is a fight about surviving. Not a fight about dps maxing out. You can beat the fight even though most of the group is gone. People who learn to follow the mechanics, can do so all day long, with no problem. The bads who want to just tunnel, will get sent to the top and will continue to disappoint Odyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bormec View Post
    If you've fought this, you know the deal; you spend more time running to something or away from something than you do getting any DPS time on boss. And if you're too slow to get up to add for interupt, you're done. If you're too slow to get away from his AoE, you're done. If you miss your rune, you're not done but you'll miss a significant DPS buff + free heal, which means you'll probably be done. It's stupid and the whole fight feels like it was designed to spite Rets (and probably DK's).
    You spelled World of Warcaft: Legion wrong. It's not spelled Odyn, that is just one boss name.

The fight's difficulty changes depending on whether the add spawns during his aoe and where. Not sure if higher or lower damage on the boss affects that, but the majority of the complaints come when: tank keeps Odyn near throne, add spawns on the other end of AoE of circle, people are forced to run more than half the circle to interrupt and don't make it out on time.

we did it the other night with frost dk, fury war, havok dh, prot war, and sham healer, it was pretty damn hard, the whole fight is more mechanic then huge dps numbers

The exact same spell is better for one specialization than the other???
    Yeah, Prot can spec into it to make it actually good, and then spec into it again to give it charges if they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if you continue down this path towards being banned. It is much more entertaining.
    You do realise Storm has been here a long time (a hell of a lot longer than you) and doesn't get banned for the way he writes his posts, right?

If anything your shitposting is the thing going to be infracted here. You're really just being obnoxious, and it seems obvious that you're doing it intentionally.
    Last edited by gusty jack; 2016-09-19 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gusty jack View Post
    You do realise Storm has been here a long time (a hell of a lot longer than you) and doesn't get banned for the way he writes his posts, right?

If anything your shitposting is the thing going to be infracted here. You're really just being obnoxious, and it seems obvious that you're doing it intentionally.
    There is no need to poke a steaming pile, it'll stink less that way.

You do realize that I was talking to another user and not Storm the Sorrow since he is blocked right?

Uh huh, sure. Whatever kid. But be careful since your shit-posting here is going to be infracted.

Moderators, you might just want to lock this thread down since all these bottom-feeding trolls are here fixating on the smallest of issues and derailing any (if there was any to begin with) discussions about the original topic.

This isn't exclusive to Ret, the Odyn encounter can be a pain for most melee bar DHs/Monks. You spend most of your time chasing the boss or running away from shit. I wouldn't worry about it too much, as long as your group can deal with the add it's pretty much GG anyway.
    I remember you... In the mountains

I'm a ret paladin and while I really like the design of that fight and the one before it, it's a little too awkward for a melee especially with no mobility.

Add spawns and starts casting, you have to rush to it to interrupt but boss just started casting his AoE so you have to run away. By the time you come back the add has already nuked your group. Ofc other people can interrupt too but tbh, unless you are a mate/hunter who have ranged interrupt AND mobility, you might be fucked. But I still had fun figuring out a way for my group to beat it. The challenge was appreciated.

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RedNight at MMOC View Post
    All Divine Steeds (Protection, Holy, and Retribution) last for three seconds with a forty-five second cooldown.
    I know baseline Im saying if you take all the talents associated with it