Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Holy Paladin Stat weights

Hi,

I'm in search for stat weights for holy paladins in Legion, so far I have found this: Intellect [9.07] > Crit [7.57] > Mastery [6.07] > Versatility [4.57] > Haste [3.07] taken from http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/paladi...stat-priority/

I'm not sure about those values since Icy-Veins ranks Versatility above Mastery, but mastery seems really hard to rank overrall with talents making it better and worse and depending on the fight it could be pretty great.

You guys think those values could be ok to slam into the statweight addon or do they look completely off?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...QinFXagTo/edit

You can calculate it yourself by entering your current stats, etc.
    See, here the guy puts versi > crit > mastery

On icy veins it's crit > versi > mastery

Other places it's crit > mastery > versi

I have no idea what I should really be looking to gear towards. I personally am favoring Crit as my main stat right now, but when I'm trying to work out if to go for mastery second, or versatility then I can't see to find a norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Merixa View Post
    See, here the guy puts versi > crit > mastery

On icy veins it's crit > versi > mastery

Other places it's crit > mastery > versi

I have no idea what I should really be looking to gear towards. I personally am favoring Crit as my main stat right now, but when I'm trying to work out if to go for mastery second, or versatility then I can't see to find a norm.
    Crit to 30% (7700ish rating) then balance mastery and vers depending on prefers. If you do fight where ranged and melee are stacked mastery is higher, for more spreadout raid vers is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Crit to 30% (7700ish rating) then balance mastery and vers depending on prefers. If you do fight where ranged and melee are stacked mastery is higher, for more spreadout raid vers is higher.
    Well currently with the gear I have I'm at 39% crit. Basically everything but my helm has crit on it. I've not been able to be picky with secondary stats, but would you say that's too much crit then? Or should I be aiming to have every piece of gear with crit on it?

Deleted
    Well currently with the gear I have I'm at 39% crit. Basically everything but my helm has crit on it. I've not been able to be picky with secondary stats, but would you say that's too much crit then? Or should I be aiming to have every piece of gear with crit on it?
    As soon as your Holy Shock always crits ~30% crit on gear with artifact traits, crit loses a lot of it's value.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    As soon as your Holy Shock always crits ~30% crit on gear with artifact traits, crit loses a lot of it's value.
    Holy shock doesn't have a 100% crib chance at ~30% crit.

The idea is that during AVENGING WRATH, granted you have Sanctified Wrath talented..... your holy shock will go above 100%... which during avenging wrath your holy shock is your bread and butter.

You would need 42.5% crit to have 100% chance on holy shock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    Holy shock doesn't have a 100% crib chance at ~30% crit.

The idea is that during AVENGING WRATH, granted you have Sanctified Wrath talented..... your holy shock will go above 100%... which during avenging wrath your holy shock is your bread and butter.

You would need 42.5% crit to have 100% chance on holy shock.
    Misread the artifact trait. Thank you for clarification. Not a main Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    Misread the artifact trait. Thank you for clarification. Not a main Holy.
    To clarify even further, you need 42.5% WITH the t19 2 set... without it you still need 50% base crit for 100% crit on holy shock.

The supposed breakpoint you should aim for is 42.5% but that's without nerving your mastery/vers too badly.

Right now I am sitting at 36% crit 33% mastery and 10% vers... with this spreadsheet

it put's my average output at about 234k which was higher then stacking all crit gear. By roughly about 2-3k. Honestly that spreadsheet is wonderful and found me a great min/maxing option for gear.

Don't be fooled thinking speccing ALL crit is the way to go, not just yet.

To clarify even further, you need 42.5% WITH the t19 2 set... without it you still need 50% base crit for 100% crit on holy shock.

The supposed breakpoint you should aim for is 42.5% but that's without nerving your mastery/vers too badly.

Right now I am sitting at 36% crit 33% mastery and 10% vers... with this spreadsheet

it put's my average output at about 234k which was higher then stacking all crit gear. By roughly about 2-3k. Honestly that spreadsheet is wonderful and found me a great min/maxing option for gear.

Don't be fooled thinking speccing ALL crit is the way to go, not just yet.
    Using that spreadsheet it seems to keep valuing versi above crit (or anything else).

So currently i have 38% crit (10409) 31% mastery (4321) and a lowly 3% versi (1387). Now i know my versi needs to be higher but sadly not been getting much versi gear.

I currently have a neck piece with 1213 crit and 555 mastry. I just got a drop with 808 mastery and 960 versi, so naturally the comparison tool wants me to sue the versi one over the crit one. Doing that takes me down to 34% crit, but the spreadsheet still places versi way above crit.

However you said we'll be wanting to reach 42.5% eventually right? So are you able to explain to me what % of crit the spreadsheet is trying to balance things out around? I'm a little confused of when I should be using gear with crit and gear without crit.

I currently am not using an enchants, I don't know how that effects the spreadsheet at all. Is that what I'm perhaps missing? Crit enchants, gems and food?

Using that spreadsheet it seems to keep valuing versi above crit (or anything else).

So currently i have 38% crit (10409) 31% mastery (4321) and a lowly 3% versi (1387). Now i know my versi needs to be higher but sadly not been getting much versi gear.

I currently have a neck piece with 1213 crit and 555 mastry. I just got a drop with 808 mastery and 960 versi, so naturally the comparison tool wants me to sue the versi one over the crit one. Doing that takes me down to 34% crit, but the spreadsheet still places versi way above crit.

However you said we'll be wanting to reach 42.5% eventually right? So are you able to explain to me what % of crit the spreadsheet is trying to balance things out around? I'm a little confused of when I should be using gear with crit and gear without crit.

I currently am not using an enchants, I don't know how that effects the spreadsheet at all. Is that what I'm perhaps missing? Crit enchants, gems and food?
    I was doing a high crit stacking build, at 846 ilvl I was able to hit 43% crit unbuffed, but that also lowered my intellect and very significantly.

Using that spreadsheet I put together a build that (unbuffed) puts me at 32% crit, 33% mastery and 10% vers and 27948 intellect.

Something to remember, is that crit won't scale well without mastery or vers, so it appears that a moderately balanced build enhances your crit a lot since crit will double dip from our mastery AND vers.

I was doing a high crit stacking build, at 846 ilvl I was able to hit 43% crit unbuffed, but that also lowered my intellect and very significantly.

Using that spreadsheet I put together a build that (unbuffed) puts me at 32% crit, 33% mastery and 10% vers and 27948 intellect.

Something to remember, is that crit won't scale well without mastery or vers, so it appears that a moderately balanced build enhances your crit a lot since crit will double dip from our mastery AND vers.
    Right so I should just blindly follow the spreadsheet then? It's just that the items that it's telling me are an upgrade (items without any crit) don't match any paladin armories I look at (from people like Sparty etc.) which is why I'm a little confused.

Should I always be looking at doing crit gems/enchants? Or will that change as well over time?

Right so I should just blindly follow the spreadsheet then? It's just that the items that it's telling me are an upgrade (items without any crit) don't match any paladin armories I look at (from people like Sparty etc.) which is why I'm a little confused.

Should I always be looking at doing crit gems/enchants? Or will that change as well over time?
    Intellect is still prioritized higher than any secondary stat. It will tell you something is an upgrade if you get a significant amount of intellect. Right now I would prioritize crit with a mixture of vers and mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoX View Post
    Intellect is still prioritized higher than any secondary stat. It will tell you something is an upgrade if you get a significant amount of intellect. Right now I would prioritize crit with a mixture of vers and mastery.
    The item was comparing was a neck piece so there was no intellect on it. It was just a flat crit mastey vs. Mastey versi neck piece of the same item level.

No, not saying *blindly* follow it. Because in terms of different encounters I would choose different talents.

Just because it says Light's Hammer is 10k higher HPS then bestow faith doesn't mean I am going to run light's hammer 100% of the time. I prefer bestow faith to take pressure off tank healing.

I also prefer divine purpose over holy prism, despite holy prism TECHNICALLY being higher hps.. you don't get to choose which targets holy prism heals. With divine purpose I can weave holy light/flash of light between holy shock casts and CHOOSE who needs the healing the most.

Holy prism also is not going to save anyone from death, but a divine purpose proc might.

- - - Updated - - -

The item was comparing was a neck piece so there was no intellect on it. It was just a flat crit mastey vs. Mastey versi neck piece of the same item level.

Neck/rings don't have intellect on them anymore.

My suggestion to you(it's what I did) would be to make a few different gear sets. Save them, and input the stats from each one into the spreadsheet and see which one you feel you would benefit from the most.

My current build like I said, despite having about 10% lower crit then I COULD have... gives me about 2k higher overall HPS.

No, not saying *blindly* follow it. Because in terms of different encounters I would choose different talents.
    Its not the talents I have an issue with right now. Ita the conflicting stat weights I see all over. Sadly I havent been lucky enough with gear to have multipul sets to play between.

All of my gear right now has crit. I though I was getting lucky cos everyone was saying crit was best (after intellect). Most of my pieces have mastery on it. Some with haste and sadly none with versi.

Now I look at this spreadsheet it keeps valuing versi has the highest. So ive had a play looking for items and putting their stats in to see if it would be cosidered an upgrade and then editing my player stats accordingly. Ot seems to want me to get rid of loads of crit for versi. I know I need more than I have but i thought we were wanting a 42.5% crit cap, which im not at yet. The spreadsheet is moving me further and further away from that crit cap which is confusing me even more. My holy shock doesnt crit that often right now which is why hesitant to just get rid of it for versi.

Edit: sorry for typos. Currently on my phone!

Its not the talents I have an issue with right now. Ita the conflicting stat weights I see all over. Sadly I havent been lucky enough with gear to have multipul sets to play between.

All of my gear right now has crit. I though I was getting lucky cos everyone was saying crit was best (after intellect). Most of my pieces have mastery on it. Some with haste and sadly none with versi.

Now I look at this spreadsheet it keeps valuing versi has the highest. So ive had a play looking for items and putting their stats in to see if it would be cosidered an upgrade and then editing my player stats accordingly. Ot seems to want me to get rid of loads of crit for versi. I know I need more than I have but i thought we were wanting a 42.5% crit cap, which im not at yet. The spreadsheet is moving me further and further away from that crit cap which is confusing me even more. My holy shock doesnt crit that often right now which is why hesitant to just get rid of it for versi.

Edit: sorry for typos. Currently on my phone!

Keep in mind, that spreadsheets stat weights change as you input stats. Depending on how high certain stats are others will have different weights.

Keep in mind, that spreadsheets stat weights change as you input stats. Depending on how high certain stats are others will have different weights.
    Aye, i noticed that which is why I still dont understand why it keeps rating versi so high, when my crit is going down. Its why i asked earlier what % of crit it was working towards as it doesnt seem to be going towards that 42.5% cap for me which i would have thought you would want to hit first.

Aye, i noticed that which is why I still dont understand why it keeps rating versi so high, when my crit is going down. Its why i asked earlier what % of crit it was working towards as it doesnt seem to be going towards that 42.5% cap for me which i would have thought you would want to hit first.

Because vers double dips from non crits AND crits. When your crit gets to a certain point, without vers or mastery it loses it's value. It needs vers/mastery to continue to be valuable at higher level of crit.

Deleted
    On my gear lvl i get haste as being best stats.

Because vers double dips from non crits AND crits. When your crit gets to a certain point, without vers or mastery it loses it's value. It needs vers/mastery to continue to be valuable at higher level of crit.
    Right ok. So it's wanting me to trade crit for versi until I hit a certain point with versi, and then will want me to start taking crit again?