Disclaimer:

I apologies in advance for the inevitable grammatical and spelling mistakes in the following post, English is not my native language and i express myself very rarely in it ^_^ and by the way I know it would be better to post the following on official forum, but well it will be in the abyss in a blink of an eye
It may seems op at some point, but I believe that it’s “just” a question to number tweaking to make it balanced.
A Wall of text may crit you in the following post

Well for my part Bliblbi sold me dreams in their preview of the new demonology, master summoner invoking swarm of mighty demons… To be crushed by reality with a boring spec worthy of the vanilla Shadowbolt spam (God, with retrospect I don’t know how I managed to endure this) and “mighty” dogs and imps… Well to be honest I don’t give a damn about topping meters (or even be at bottom) but give me a spec fun and/or impressive to play…
So since I have time to loose today, I thought about what would have been my dreamlike Demonology Spec. (PS: Numbers are “random” and the following is mainly a PVE POV)

Part One Rework of the demonology demons:

End that boring demonology use only Felguard and occasionally Voidwalker when soloing. (Well it always bothered me than for a “Master Summoner” you throw out of the window all your other demons)

For that I would suggest the following:
Tie up the damages of all the main demons except the Void but give each a real niche so it changes from a no brain always Felguard to a real decision depending of the situation and context so that type of demon will perform better in X or Y situation so it’s even a possibility that we choose to switch during a fight to better answer the situation.
For example:

Imp: Single target range dps “Safe” consistent choice (No change really needed except tweaking in numbers)

Voidwalker: No change needed

Succubus: Bursty (And not Busty ) single target close range dps achieved by diminishing her damage but compensated by give her an additional ability with let say 45sec CD auto-cast that make her next X Lash of pain do 200% or 300% more damage) on the long run it would even out, but give her a different use (And maybe less boost in pvp)

Felhunter: Anti magic niche. By giving back some abilities for example: (It’s quite pathetic right now)
Devour magic : Each time a spell is successfully cast by an enemy in the vicinity of the Felhunter, It’s lashes with its tendrils the caster causing massive (Figure of speech) shadow damage. With maybe a Cd of a second or more (A bit like the Call of Observer talent) That would make it very valuable on magic trash/boss but a lot less against physicals opponent. And that would actually fit the original lore of our cute little doggy.
Felguard: Not much to change should be the best at cleave situation and decent in AOE damage

Doomguard: (Put baseline by default) should be our best pure single target damage dealer

Infernal: Complete rework, no longer tanking abilities, poor single target damage, and excellent AOE abilities Like:
Hellfire : Your Infernal start channeling hellish flames causing high AOE damage but suffered high self-inflicted damage (Your lovely succubus will love that!). So one again you gain a new choice, keep-it alive by health funnel him or burst even more damage with demonwrath (yeah yeah I confess I was a huge fan of our old hellfire ^^)

Rework of our two demon cooldown :
First change the “Summon Infernal” to “Summon Dread Lord”: Summon a powerful dreadlord against your enemies, casting volley of shadowbolt to each of yours target afflicted with doom (So basically an AOE CD)

Change “Summon Doomguard” to “Summon the legend—Wait for It – Pit Lord” Summon a powerful Pit Lord against your enemies causing massive single target damage (and a bit of cleave ) Our single target nuke on a very long cooldown (10min?) Cannot be cast while Summon Dread Lord is on Cooldown

Side Note : Give the one of us who possess the codex of Xerath fel looking demons? Please Please Blizzard *Puppy Eyes*

Part Two : Spell changes

"i"n substance coupled with the demon changes above is to continue in the Blizzard vision of the “turret” caster with a swarm of demons, but switching from the buff bot and shadowbolt spam to a more active summoner role. So in making the dreadstalker and imp semi-permanent (staying quite longer) but with a new soul shard dumper more in touch with the summoner style

The dreaded Demonic Empowerment: Like suggested countless time, make it an aura maybe like 40-45 yards (So depending of talents, a bit less Shard generated)

Imps spawn trough Hand of Guldan: Let them stay quite longer or even until they dies (In Outdoor content) but with a maximum of them spawn at the same time (6-8?) So if we are already at the cap the spell is refresh the 1-4 (depending of shard consumption) imps with the least time remaining (like dot in affliction). (Plus doom if talented)

Dreadstalker: Staying quite longer too (But not indefinitely in Outdoor unlike imps) Max 2 at the same time cast while still up refresh the duration (like dot in affliction)

Doom: Has low a chance while dealing damage to summon a lesser doomguard. Guaranteed if doom damage kill the target or I the target dies with less than 2 (one?) second remaining before the tick.

Summon Doomguard and Infernal: Cfr Demon changes

Since we would be using a lot less Soul Shard for maintaining our lesser demons, we would need a new shard dumper

New Spell: Nether Portal: Summon a portal to your location for 2 min. Cost X% of your life

While clicking on the portal you start channeling souls (shard) in it bribing demon to strike your target. Consume one soul shard by second (or 2 or 3sec), cannot use if no Soul Shard available. For each Soul Shard consumed several random demons come through the portal for a very short while (a number of hits) to strike the same target as your main demon (Bonus from thal’kiel consumption halved (or more) for theses demons). These demons would be completely random with no special abilities and do exactly the same global damages. For example, 4 imps could go out and do four 2,5k damage each before despawning (so 40k total), while a single Fel lord could come slap like a b**** your target two times for 20k (so once again 40k total) Demon could range from imps to succubus to fel lord, etc… A bit of variety and not just lower demons… I want to feel powerful godamnit

Part three: Talents changes

Not much to change over here :

Grimoire of supremacy (due to the change above): Your main summoned demons are stronger than the usual demon (Flat stats bonus) and they avec improved abilities (slight reduction in special abilities) A bit boring I know but I block on that one.

Grimoire of Service (due to the change above): Adding Doomguard and Infernal

Kil’Jaeden Cunning (Replace Burning Rush) Allow cast while moving, reduce your movement speed by 40% and consume 12% of your life by activation + 8% by second after the first. Can be toggle on and off while casting. Off GCD. Would give us a bit of mobility to avoid boss/mob abilities but at high cost; not really sure it would be still necessary with the change proposed above

Feel free to whip me now (But please send your Succubus do it )