Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A lot of American nerds love Japanese women. Some enterprising entrepreneur could arrange some kind of themed travel package you'd think.
    But then the question is, do Japanese women love those 400 pounder nerds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    Because every nation with their statistics of childbirth have ceased to exist, they are doomed as are many European nations unless there is massive change.
    Except there is no single nation in the history of the world that has ever ceased to exist from low birthrates. You and other 'cons ideas that if the white people don't start making babies their countries are going to cease to exist has absolutely no founding on anything other than incredibly questionable statistics.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bill Cosby can fix that! anesthesia included!

My interpretation of Bill Cosby in Japan:

Pudding, sweaters, Godzilla...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

A booming industry surrounds Japan's growing condition of loneliness, a phenomenon at once quite particular to the Japanese, yet also a glimpse into a future where many people live atomized lives mediated exclusively through personal technology.
    In the future everyone will have the same haircut and the same clothes.
    In the future everyone will be very fat from the starchy diet.

In the future everyone's house will be like a little fortress.
    In the future everyone's house will be a total entertainment centre.

David Byrne - Music for "The Knee Plays"

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I would fit in Japan more, but they would probably call me a whitu piggu

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Except there is no single nation in the history of the world that has ever ceased to exist from low birthrates. You and other 'cons ideas that if the white people don't start making babies their countries are going to cease to exist has absolutely no founding on anything other than incredibly questionable statistics.
    The question here specifically is not one of a nation going "extinct" due to low birthrates, but rather what would the economic, social and cultural consequences be of a demographic collapse.

Short to medium term consequences in any industrialized nation would likely be catastrophic.

Oh, the mimikaki

Oh, muh dick

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 2020 Olympics will solve all their virgin issues.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The question here specifically is not one of a nation going "extinct" due to low birthrates, but rather what would the economic, social and cultural consequences be of a demographic collapse.

Short to medium term consequences in any industrialized nation would likely be catastrophic.
    Sure, because short term issues are the only thing capitalists care about. The long term paints a much better picture, allowing for the reduction of the necessity of "jobs", mechanization of the workforce without displacing existing workers. Producing more people does nothing more than producing workers who inevitably be replaced by the time they are old enough to even hold a job. The idea that there's going to be a "lack of workers" is complete and utter hogwash. The only real concern is an increase in the cost of labor as expendable labor declines.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Once we invent artificial wombs we'll be fine
    Never heard of Eugenics, I see. Those who have kids the old-fashioned way will be decriminated against when that happens. I say that knowing we are within 15 years of reaching that point. It's a door that should never be opened.

Those who are for it can't begin to imagine the long-term consequences of artificial population control. Science Fiction, for the most part just scratches the surface of the dangers or artificially controlling the human population to that extent. Pregnancy eventually becoming outlawed to maximize productivity aside, there's also the people born in labs who will know they exist only for a predetermined purpose. Pregnancy won't be outlawed at first but after a while people will say "Why should a woman risk miscarriage, dying during pregnancy or bying in childbirth when you can just grow a baby in an artificial womb?". Employers will get on board and cut back on Maternity Leave to pressure women into going to a lab if they want a baby.

It's sounding like the plot of the movie Man of Steel but it's the logical outcome when you turn to artificial population control. We're talking education centers being built to train whole generations of people born from artificial wombs so the general population isn't burdened with raising them. This generation of people will have grown up knowing they were "created", not born into the world. This won't happen at first but eventually, it will.

When you automate every aspect of life, you no longer "live". You just exist. When you just "exist", you're no longer "alive".

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Reminds me of Iran's efforts to shore up the population after the war. I think it worked out for the most part, I don't know why countries believe only immigration can solve a demographic crisis.
    Eh...Japan and many other Asian Countries don't view things that way. They're just...stubborn. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

How could they ever want to have sex with all that Hentai floating around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if Japan is the sterotyped country of nerds, maybe it's just that effect, I mean most men give up a lot who aren't married when dating, raising a family, maybe they just got tired of such a thing and figured we will have sex bots soon so why stress trying to please someone who will bend them to shells of their former self. As for the women, who knows maybe they just wait for men to male the move and if the above is thought then waiting is a bad thing.

Also if it gets bad I propose Japan try the planned marriage stuff again or planned child raising, no marriage just "this is your assign child creator helper, can marry or just fuck, up to you" make it op on and see what happens.

Also to the nerds saying they'll take the women, from what I here country's like Korea , China and Japan are really xenophobic, not racist technically but they prefer if their women and men were fucking each other and not outside sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has itself to blame for not taking in immigrants. You won't find any sympathy here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    How could they ever want to have sex with all that Hentai floating around?
    Hentai, wait... Anime in general makes me nauseous so from that perspective you have a point. Though I figure you mean from all the wanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It has itself to blame for not taking in immigrants. You won't find any sympathy here.
    Obligatory stupidity quota met.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I wonder if the government will make some commercials promoting sex? With anime characters? It seems like Japan is still a very macho country but everything I know about Japan is from a distance.

Japan's demographic challenges are well-known: It's home to the world's oldest population and has a shrinking birthrate and an astonishing number of single people. And it seems that, despite government efforts to incentivise marriage and child-rearing, things aren't quite trending in the right direction.

According to the Japan Times, a new survey of Japanese people ages 18 to 34 found that 70 percent of unmarried men and 60 percent of unmarried women are not in a relationship. It gets worse: Around 42 percent of men and 44.2 percent of women admitted that they were virgins.

The study is carried out by Japan's National Institute of Population and Social Security Research every five years. The organization has noted a marked trend since its first foray on questions of relationships and sex in 1987, when it found that 48.6 percent of men and 39.5 percent of women surveyed were unmarried. In 2010, 36.2 percent of men and 38.7 percent of women in the 18-34 age bracket said they were virgins. The number of children among couples who have been married for between 15 and 19 years averaged a record low this year.

The Japanese government under Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has said it wants to raise the nation's fertility rate from 1.4 to 1.8 by 2025. It's offering better child-care services and tax incentives for married couples, though such programs have yet to bear statistical fruit.

Most people surveyed said they want to get married at some point. It's just not clear when.

"They want to tie the knot eventually. But they tend to put it off as they have gaps between their ideals and the reality," Futoshi Ishii, head researcher for the study, told Japan Times. "That's why people marry later or stay single for life, contributing to the nation's low birthrate."

This is not unique to Japan -- in various parts of the developed world, economic uncertainty is reshaping the way millennials and other young people conceive of their sex lives and marital choices. But it's particularly pronounced in the Asian nation, where experts and government officials have spent the better part of a decade fretting over the country's population decline and, as WorldViews once put it, "sexual apathy."

A booming industry surrounds Japan's growing condition of loneliness, a phenomenon at once quite particular to the Japanese, yet also a glimpse into a future where many people live atomized lives mediated exclusively through personal technology.

There was one clearly positive indicator in the survey: For the first time, the proportion of women returning to work after having their first child in Japan's once notoriously patriarchal society exceeded 50 percent.
    Because they've got a society and culture that's all about personal progress and isolation, for the sake of career. But they also seem to have a problem with opening up. Technology, isolation and cultural taboos are all contributing to this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Sure, because short term issues are the only thing capitalists care about. The long term paints a much better picture, allowing for the reduction of the necessity of "jobs", mechanization of the workforce without displacing existing workers. Producing more people does nothing more than producing workers who inevitably be replaced by the time they are old enough to even hold a job. The idea that there's going to be a "lack of workers" is complete and utter hogwash. The only real concern is an increase in the cost of labor as expendable labor declines.
    You live in some strange alternate reality.

This has nothing to do with a labor shortage. This has to do with a short to medium term productivity drop, combined with a massive public burden.

Japan as the whole of the Western world is post industrial. The mechanization of labor is not the problem here, but rather a fundemantal issue with how society and our economics is structured.

Unless all of the sudden everyone decides to abandon Free Market Economics Japan is fucked. Especially it being a services economy completely reliant on international trade.

This is not th 13th century where the Peasants would suddenly experience an improvement in their living conditions after the Black Plague kills half the population.

Japan has no labor surplus. And nor is labor shortage the issue here.

The "short" to "medium" term we are discussing here is 30 to 50 years. I don't think you grasp the scope and scale of human suffering this demographic collapse could lead to.

Lay off your pseudo Marxist high horse for a second and do a reality check.

For a small fee I would be happy to help some of the females become non-virgins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    uhm how does that have any relation to not taking in immigrants?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

you're waifu is shit

"Strong Independent Women" = Less woman willing to date, have children, deal with men in any way, also a natural turnoff for men.