10+ Year Old Account

Of History, perhaps with soap

As a break from the US elections, various shootings, bombs and wars ... how about a look back at a different time?

http://www.cracked.com/article_20186...-believes.html

Just for a bit more amusement:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18627...correctly.html
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some of the points they are making are a bit too strong, and historians don't agree with them entirely - only partially. For example, there were many kinds of knights: early Templars were, indeed, somewhat similar to the "noble knight" pictured in fiction, while, most others participating in crusades, for example, weren't much of saints. Or with believing that Earth was flat: most people were uneducated at the time, they didn't even think about such things, for the most part, and asking a random peasant from 1100 from France whether Earth was flat would likely result in confusion: "What do you mean 'Earth if flat'?"

Still, interesting articles. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.