[Fire] Combustion Pacing and Damage {possible solution}

Hey all

Bear with me, I posted a somewhat similar post previously and have refined the idea based on some feedback.

As many of you know - Fire has the issue right now of feeling and being extremely gimped out of Combustion phase. Aside from our damage being so bad relative to our Combustion phase, its also a fraction of the excitement. In addition- as mages have been able to rely on Hot Streak procs and the frequency of Pyroblast more and more, the GCD behind it is beginning to feel clunky, in my humble opinion.

Possible Passive
    Dormant Flames: While Combustion is not in effect, Pyroblast incurs half of its normal global cooldown.

This would give the spec much more of an ebb and flow, rather than the MASSIVE peak and valley that it is now. Combustion could be a switch we flick on, rather than a button we need to feel viable. If it meant less % of damage coming from Combustion, I think most of us would be more than okay with that trade-off in the name of balance.

Our off-Combustion rotation would be made much more exciting and fast-paced as well as increasing our damage during said phase - something that is desperately needed. I think that this could be an interesting route to take to buff Fire (much more than a flat damage buff), as well as give it a more responsive feeling spec... in-line with today's Hot Streak frequency.
    Last edited by Shullski; 2016-09-18 at 03:00 AM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fail to see how half the GCD for Pyro would fix our "sad phase" when not combust-ing.

Aftershock being almost a "golden" trap and the non existant damage from fireballs are real issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Fail to see how half the GCD for Pyro would fix our "sad phase" when not combust-ing.

Aftershock being almost a "golden" trap and the non existant damage from fireballs are real issues.
    It would just speed up the overall gameplay (the sad phase is just honestly slow, to me) and add output in a way that is a lot more interesting than my fireball doing X more damage.

For ex - Your FB / Pyro combo generates a heating up, and instead of waiting the clunky 1 second to get back to casting FB and resume your rotation, you can go straight into casting.

It fits the theme of a fire mage much better, imho. What kind of Pyromaniac whos trying to catch a spark and build a massive fire is going to stand around for 1sec every cast and let their fire go out?

? you have mini burst phases in between combustion with rune of power, flame on, and dumping PF charges, what you're proposing would make fire mages even stronger when we have very little weaknesses right now. doesnt make sense, no thanks.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    ? you have mini burst phases in between combustion with rune of power, flame on, and dumping PF charges, what you're proposing would make fire mages even stronger when we have very little weaknesses right now. doesnt make sense, no thanks.
    November

+1

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    Atleast you read the post their pal...

"If it meant less % of damage coming from Combustion, I think most of us would be more than okay with that trade-off in the name of balance. "

We feel completely neutered outside of Combustion. No class should have a peak so high with a valley so low.

Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post

"If it meant less % of damage coming from Combustion, I think most of us would be more than okay with that trade-off in the name of balance. "

We feel completely neutered outside of Combustion. No class should have a peak so high with a valley so low.
    I don't feel 'completely neutered' outside of Combustion.

Drop the hyperbole, yeah we're obviously much weaker because Combustion is ridiculous, but I really don't feel as gimped as you're making it sound when it's not up.

If you feel "completely neutered" out of combustion, you're not playing the class right or you haven't fleshed out your artifact weapon/geared up enough.

The fire mage is so stupid reliant on crit, that anything lower than a solid 55% and you're going to feel "slow and clunky" or "weak".

Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post

"Most of us " do not feel that way at all, if anything people have been happier with combustion now more than ever, even though I don't feel that way. I think only you want to lower its power, and if any other boosted monkeys feel that way you guys can feel free to reroll frost where you don't have peaks or valleys, just dog shit dps.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson