Considing maining feral druid

Since 7.1 DH Havoc may go nerf in their dps and wondering would feral still be near top DPS in ST and okay in AOE ?

Deleted
    It would seem like you abandon classes based on balance patches (when "nerfed"). With this mentality of yours you should pick the worst DPS spec/class possible, that way you will most probably never get nerfed. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't base your decision on that. You'd probably get frustrated at being behind the curve with your artifact. Also don't look at single target DPS - Legion has little Patchwerk-style bosses (and none in the upcoming raid). Even with nerfs DH will probably outperform Feral on most encounters.

Really though, play what you like! Classes will be buffed, classes will be nerfed. With the way artifacts work you'll drive yourself insane if you try to change specs to follow the stream of balancing patches.

But they did mention they had catch up mechanics if your far behind AK and AP

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll still be behind though. The catch up mechanic helps you get artifact knowledge more quickly but you won't catch up to somebody who was doing it from day one.

Either way it's kinda hard to tell you what to do. If you're unhappy with Demon Hunter and are looking for something new, I'd definitely tell you that Feral is a lot of fun to play if you want a challenge and are a patient player. However, if DPS is your concern then currently Feral probably wouldn't be your thing. Yes, looking at pure numbers we are the top (depending on the sim we are in the top 3) but the encounters aren't designed around ST. When you include boss mechanics we are outshined by a number of classes...Arms Warriors and Outlaw Rogues do similar single target DPS but bring more to the table, for example.

Hope I'm not coming off as blunt or rude, it's just that I'd hate to sell you on something only for you to find out you don't really like it or it isn't performing the way you hoped it would. I've committed to Feral and will see it out to the end, ups and downs be damned, but that doesn't mean you'd enjoy the ride too.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I wouldn't base your decision on that. You'd probably get frustrated at being behind the curve with your artifact. Also don't look at single target DPS - Legion has little Patchwerk-style bosses (and none in the upcoming raid). Even with nerfs DH will probably outperform Feral on most encounters.

Really though, play what you like! Classes will be buffed, classes will be nerfed. With the way artifacts work you'll drive yourself insane if you try to change specs to follow the stream of balancing patches.
    EN had quite a good showing for ferals in the beta, we are good at 2-3 target cleave.