Azsuna Archaeology question

I noticed when I was doing the biweekly quest for archaeology in Azsuna, of the three digsites, we had one in a PvP zone and one in a densely-populated elite zone.

I completed the quest, got the doohickey (lets you set up an enclosed area inside of which toons can fly), and I noticed: the PvP zone and elite zone digsites disappeared. But the normal digsites (and I think I was shuffling between three or four of them) continued to spawn.

I stopped after testing a couple of digsites (mostly because they only reward the crated artifacts, and I can get those with flying and lower-level mobs in Draenor and Pandaria), but was wondering if this is a bug, or if Blizzard is just messing with us (trying to get players to go into PvP zones, or group up to tackle elite zones)?

Edit: Sorry, wrong forum. Already reported the post to the mods with a request for a transfer to the Professions forum.
    Last edited by PragmaticGamer; 2016-09-18 at 03:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Done !
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Much obliged, Splenda. :-)

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Timeworn Strand digsite was only for the follow-up quest, and the Temple of a Thousand Lights elite area still comes up for me. Real pain in the arse to run around there, even as a hunter that can feign death and survey whilst camouflaged. Gotta be the worst area to dig so far, 2nd being the Garn-infested digsite in FFR.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?