Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Weakauras] Collection for: Fire, Arcane and Frost

Updated Jan. 20th 7.1.5 Update. Mages really can use a good WeakAura set. They have many proc's to track, cooldowns to manage, priorities to consider. Like any class, but I think Mages benefit substantially. I have been maintaining my Mage auras for quite awhile now, with my latest large Fire update I decided to release them in a separate thread. I do update regularly if there's a reason to do so, I love feedback! My auras work in all client languages.

Arcane and Frost are not as finely tuned as fire, I still think they're great! I will update them as well.

Download HERE
    get the spec you want and Mage Utility

[GIF] Fire

Featured auras:
    • Fireball crit % is shown below Combustion, takes Enhanced Pyrotechnics and Firestarter into account.
    • # of mobs affected by your Ignite is shown above Combustion, only shows if >1 mob. (hit Rctrl to reset counter)
    • the # of Cinderstorm hits per cast and the # of different mobs struck is shown above Cinderstorm.
    • The Rune of Power bar will turn red and shake if you aren't standing in it.
    • Phoenix's Flames charges are below the main icons, now displays the cooldown as a bar [Orange, can see on GIF]
    • You get a "Stop Casting Pyro !!" message if you hard-cast Pyroblast or Flamestrike
    • The Dragon's Breath icon shows up when it is on CD or if there's 3 mobs affected by Ignite
    • Incanter's Flow gets brighter as the stacks go up
    Glow Logic
    • [ Pyroblast ] : Always glows if it is usable.
    • [ Fire Blast ] : Glows if | Heating Up is active (as long as >11sec left on Combustion CD)
    • [ Phoenix's Flames ] Glows if:
      It has 3 charges.
      [During Combustion] Fire Blast & Flame On! are on CD and you have Heating Up active.
      [Outside Combustion] Fire Blast is on CD, 2+ charges of Phoenix's Flames, and you have Heating Up active.
    • [ Flame On ] : Glows if | You do not have Fire Blast charges, there's >2 sec left on the cooldown, and you have Heating Up.
      (Oct 5th addition) Flame On! will only glow if >43sec left on Combustion CD if you do NOT have Kindling talented.
      Flame On! will only glow during Combustion if you DO have Kindling talented.
    • [ Rune of Power ] : Glows if | Combustion is usable or if Combustion is active

[GIF] Arcane

[GIF] Frost

Link to download (Collection)
    https://wago.io/V1MHOPr_Z

Individual Links
    Fire
    Arcane
    Frost

Mage Utility

How to import Weak Aura's:
    • Open Weak Auras. (/wa)
    • Click "New".
    • Click "Import", you will get a black box.
    • Tab out of WoW.
    • Open up https://wago.io/V1MHOPr_Z. Click the "Export" (Red box, right side) button for which spec you want
    • Tab back into WoW.
    • Paste that into the black box labeled "Weak Auras Options" (From clicking Import earlier)
      **This may lag you **
    • A dark blue box will come up, likely near the bottom of your screen, click the red "Import" button
    • Click "Done" on the black Import box
    • Repeat the process to import Mage Utility
    • Close Weak Auras
    • Enjoy!

Check out my other Weakauras collections, all updated for Legion. https://wago.io/p/Khakhan
    Warrior, Death Knight, Hunter, and Prot Paladin
    Last edited by khakhan; 2017-01-21 at 12:57 AM.

These are great, thanks! I just pulled my level 100 mage out of a dusty corner, respecced fire (all the cool kids seem to be doing it), and have been looking for some good starter weakauras. These have really helped me l2play.

I plan to supplement your set with some textured auras in the style of Blizzard's built in (but sorely lacking) ones, and I'll post a screenshot here when I'm done (maybe a separate thread if there is interest). It seems that nobody makes weakauras in this style anymore - I wonder why. I feel that they notify me of the important stuff without requiring me to glue my eyes to a small bar of icons.

Sounds sweet, i'd like to see it. As for why texture based auras aren't as common, I think it has to do with adding another layer of thought for people new to your auras.
    For example, no matter what texture you pick, someone else isn't going to instantly recognize that as "oh that's Phoenix's Flames". After you get used to the texture, it can work out great! I also think it takes a different kind of thought process from the very logic driven nature of creating code for auras, more artistic. Anyway, long story short, I would like to see what you come up with!

Very true! In fact, the most recent setup I created was for my monk, and it uses a hybrid of the two styles: mostly spell icons, but arranged in a fashion that allows me to similarly rely on my peripheral vision without taking my eyes off of the action. The icons and bars are arranged in a U shape around my character so that, once I became used to the layout, I could use both the position *and* the icon to mentally process the data.

I think I will do something similar for my mage, and I hope you don't mind if I base it on your excellent auras (no need to reinvent the wheel!).

Big compliment for your work! I like it very much!

Deleted
    Hello Khakhan,
    i'm looking for a tracker for the Quickness Buff, it's the most important atm in arcane and i need to see the timer in MiliS and stack (like : youtube.com/watch?v=GrQvwae980c ) .
    but the tracker from powered looks broken, it doesn't worked today when i tried.
    Could you help me by adding this to your trackers :3
    i love your arcane UI Too , but no quickness

I made a few new updates to fire. Main thing I worked on is a Cinderstorm tracker. It tracks how many Cinderstorms hit per cast and how many mobs were struck

Other Changes:
    Made Cinderstorm bounce when it's a good time to use, still is pretty situational so I didn't want to give it the full glow effect.
    Slight graphical changes.
    Dragon's Breath now displays if there's 3 mobs ignited and it is not on CD.
    Fire blast stops glowing if there's <11 sec left on Combustion CD, but still works if Combustion is not on CD.

Thanks @MondAffe @Adjanti sounds cool, still would like to see! (i know they take a bit) @Greenlf I'll go over Arcane soon.

So I have two mains that I play a fire mage and beast Master Hunter and had this very oddball issue where randomly with no rhyme or reason I would get a sound play mostly during combat but happened outside of it and it was driving me mad because I thought it was my OS, then my WoW, then an add-on but never thought weakauras cause I had it happen on two different characters until I got frustrated and I turned off weakauras and it fixed it! I went to check whose strings I was using and both the hunter and mage are using yours (you make great WAs lol) and when I switched to a different string the sound went away. In the weakaura options nothing is set to play a sound and I havent found anything out of the normal but is that intended? Does it only happen to me?

I hope you have a solution because I really do love your weakauras set up, but understand if I'm the only one affected it will be near impossible to pin down and fix. To clarify what it sounds like is a faint single tone beep. Almost like what wow sounds like when you get a message (which I checked it's not that haha)
    Last edited by Skead; 2016-10-05 at 10:15 PM.

@Skead haha, If you want to find a sound in a weakaura group you click on the entire group, like "Fire Mage - Khakhan" in this instance, then go to the 'Actions' tab and mouse over 'Play Sound'. this will tell you the name of the auras that have sounds attached. The sound is likely for when Combustion is 1sec from being off CD. Could possibly be the one for "Stop Casting Pyro!". If you want to remove a particular sound, you find that aura and uncheck the 'Play Sound'.

Weak Aura's look great but I am running into an issue with the Fire auras. For the Crit Text, Cinderstorm #, and Enemies with Ignite I only see a letter "C". I've tried turning namesplates on and off and relaunching WoW but nothing seems to work. Any idea what is causing it?

Thanks for great WA, I have question. Where I can set that your wa would be visible all time, not only in combat (couldn't find that) ?

@FNX7 that is strange, if you look on display it should say %c then underneath it in "custom function" it should have a bunch of stuff for all 3 of those. all 3 have fairly extensive code. maybe try to delete children and group and re-import?

If all you are seeing when actually in combat and trying out each of those is a "c" instead of the proper text then something is amiss for sure.
    @Krachaboras under Load tab uncheck "in combat"

Quote Originally Posted by khakhan View Post
    @Skead haha, If you want to find a sound in a weakaura group you click on the entire group, like "Fire Mage - Khakhan" in this instance, then go to the 'Actions' tab and mouse over 'Play Sound'. this will tell you the name of the auras that have sounds attached. The sound is likely for when Combustion is 1sec from being off CD. Could possibly be the one for "Stop Casting Pyro!". If you want to remove a particular sound, you find that aura and uncheck the 'Play Sound'.
    I'll check it out, although I'm a little skeptical it's that cause it happens on your Hunter Weakaura strings and Fire Mage, I have a feeling it's something to do with a specific interaction with my wow and your string.

Quote Originally Posted by khakhan View Post
    @FNX7 that is strange, if you look on display it should say %c then underneath it in "custom function" it should have a bunch of stuff for all 3 of those. all 3 have fairly extensive code. maybe try to delete children and group and re-import?

If all you are seeing when actually in combat and trying out each of those is a "c" instead of the proper text then something is amiss for sure.
    @Krachaboras under Load tab uncheck "in combat"
    Yeah it was happening while I was in combat. What's strange is when I looked at the display text it was missing "%c" and only had "c". Last night I tried importing and deleting multiple times and still had the same issue. This morning, however, I imported again and everything seems to be working fine. Not sure what I did differently but it's all good now. Thanks!

Pretty big update today!
    Visual Changes
    Phoenix's Flames now shows a much darker bar for the one that is recharging (See GIF)
    Ice Floes now shows up around your character much like Heating Up or Pyroblast. But as a blue progress texture, it gets darker as the duration reaches 0. No GIF for that one but it should be clear if you see it.
    Moved the active Living Bomb display up above the icon for Living Bomb.
    Glow logic changes
    Flame On now only glows if it will be up again for Combustion. It will ONLY glow during Combustion if you have Kindling talented.
    Rune of Power now glows if Combustion is usable.
    Fire Blast now always glows at 2 charges, even with 11sec to go on Combustion. (if Heating Up is active) Fixed it to never glow if Phoenix's Flames has 3 charges.

If anyone else has problems importing like FNX7 I might have to split it into 2 groups. The string is getting huge and might be causing some problems.

Is there anyway to keep the weak aura active even out of combat?

Really liked the Arcane set, thanks for the effort. One thing to note I think the Arcane Familiar tracker isn't working correctly, it justs flashes all the time whether the pet is up or not. I think rather than tracking for pet you can just track the buff Arcane Familiar on the player, and also show it out of combat as the thing basically despawns constantly (portals, flights, boss deaths etc...) so you'd need the WA to show it was off before the fight started.

edt: @ midgetsj - If you go into Weak Auras and find the "Load" tab of the one you want to show out of combat and click the check box that says "In Combat" twice it will show both in and out of combat.
    Last edited by vaccine; 2016-10-06 at 10:54 PM.

Updated Arcane today too.
    Updated for level 110, used Altered Time guide as a reference. Fixed Arcane Familiar. Added Quickening stack count. Added Ice floes textures. New GIF. Changed / Updated lots of glow logic. Assumes Rune of Power and Nether Tempest talents. @Greenlf, @vaccine thanks for the bug reports

Hey there khakhan, first of all i want to thank you for all your effort on this WA, its amazing!

I'm having a bit problem with timers though, i cant see any numbers on icons, also i wanted to see how stacks as numbers like on action bars but couldnt figure it out.

Any idea how to figure this out? Thanks!

Deleted
    It looks amazing, im focusing on fire and their is one thing i don't fully get. Why is phoenix flame big?

If i'd could set the order it be
    (livingbomb fine)
    Cinderstorm > Phoenix Flame > Heating up Big > Hotstreak Big > Fireblast > Flame On

Feels a bit odd that phoenix and fireblast are distanced so alternative:
    Livingbomb fine
    Cinderstorm > Heatin up small > Pyrblast big > phoenix flame ? fireblast > Flame on

In addition i'd request adding the legendary effect

Edit will show what i did later

Anyway will test it out now so my feedback might change.

- - - Updated - - -

Okey used you firemage weakauras and repositioned some abilities.
    I removed the heating up proc. And i centered Hotstreak, although i might remove it or replace it with the legendary should i get it.

The reposition is based on similiar cd times and on where the abilities are positioned on my nage. (fireball is on nr5, Phoenix and fireblast are left of it while living bomb is to the right (cinderstorm is ctrl 5)

Before this i was using preachers that has one for every spec. But it didnt have countdowns (easy to add) and DH Vengeance was bad. I saw a newer version he was using did have countdowns.
    Yours on the otherhand had too much visual attention grabbers so i turned some RoP's off. It is already a big button and you need to find a save time to use it, having it constantly ask to be sued would only be annoying for me.

I still need to play with the setup to see how well it does.
    The following I left but am unsure of:
    - Red effect of fire blast (might just need to get used to it)
    - The little bars with charges. I might prefer showing a number in the corner.
    - Living bomb bar to explode

What i Like:"
    - I loved importanting your stuff, it was a good start, I didn't need to create conditions and special effects and could just reposition stuf
    - Phoenix flame charges. It ties everything together. Even if im not sure i need bars to show charges.
    - Love Cinderstorm hit counter, was looking for something like that

PS: I also added a simple healthbar, not sure if i keep it or not.
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2016-10-08 at 04:16 PM.