What do you all think about the state of mage pvp? Different spec takes fine

I don't know about you, but going into bgs as frost I've noticed a couple of things. I can't kill a LOT of melee classes now. This is a shock to me as I was away since 2010 and it's an entirely different world.

Every class has some form of gap closer or stun to get close to you, they often take very little damage and since much of frosts damage relies on casts and procs, it's not as easy to bring your full damage to bear. I've actually had more kills as an arcane mage in bgs, not because it is less clunky, because arcane blast spam does not show where you are and you can hide behind hills and snipe people with impunity. Frost and fire leaves a trail.

I have not pvped as fire at all. But what do you all think of frost pvp?

bursting people down seems just gone now, and feral druids and rogues and paladins even seem to be able to stick to you like white on rice. The slows of frost are weak now, weak on frostbolt, weak on blizzard, and even then people get out of them so fast.

so besides me being rusty and terrible, how are YOU all handling things?

ps, almost no versatility gear (not sure if leech gear is any good), but the troubles seem more based on mechanics than gearing.

Deleted
    Blizzard just don't have any clue about how competitive games work (yeah they have starcraft 2 and thats it, the other games are total failures in that regard).

They want more "vanilla" style stationary casters but then forget to nerf the mobility, uptime, burst,survivability of many melee specs. They even buff all those aspects.
    So of course this is just gonna create stupid imbalance in favour of melee. Mage is the only caster with decent chances in pvp due to its 15seconds trinket (blink) and its mobility as fire mage. But the damage at lvl110 doesn't seem that impressive.

I think pvp is just complete garbage for now and Holinka will likely continue to make things more bad as it his style

Deleted
    From what I've seen until now (skirmishes/bgs) Legion is way better than WoD and MoP. Fire mage is probably the best caster ingame togheter with SP. They're both completely fine and viable, nothing to complain about. Frost is absolutely in need of a buff though.

I play fire and I find it a lot of fun. The dmg got nerfed some time ago, so it's a bit lackluster, but I think we need to wait until we have full artifacts and talents to see.
    I'm not a frost expert, but I heard Venruki say the lack of Deep Freeze has hurt the specc a lot, control-wise. Not easy to get a polymorph on the healer for frost now. Fire has Dragon's Breath atleast. All in all I think pvp is in a good state. (Not sure what lateralsx5 drank, probably a glass of salt water)

From what I can tell, frost has weaker survivability and damage output in pvp, at least fire mages have a consistent heal with the blink heals, over time that nets FAR more than two ice blocks on a long cooldown for a total of 60% health...

Who designs the mage? It's like they went out of their way to make frost weaker at everything other than arcane (good god, I tried arcane for questing and it's terrible)

PS, I am now convinced this interview is real and was Holinka in disguise,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZDzMbTRV6E

replace resto druid with mage, and rogue with almost all melee and it's the same result to my eyes.
    Last edited by TLH; 2016-09-19 at 03:55 AM.