Deleted

Outlaw dps spread

This is insane, over 15% dps spread - thats 100k - 250k dps diff between min and max dps. Why arent they reworking RtB to reduce the spread?

Other classes have 20k-40k dps spread, how do they expect outlaws to have mythic raiding or mythic10+ spots if one run they miss 150k of their dps?

Why not rework rtb to provide 2/3/4/5/6 buffs and reduce buff stats to improve quality of life and reduce dps spread?

WTF Blizz?

maybe you should play it for a while before you make silly judgements?

the spread, while real is basically just an outlier, the vast majority of the time your dps will be very consistent on fights that dont last 30 seconds.

What the guy above me said ^

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Ah so simulations are useless? It's all about those 150 fights u did LOL

Quote Originally Posted by imakedotstick View Post
    Ah so simulations are useless? It's all about those 150 fights u did LOL
    they pretty much are unless you know how to use them which you clearly dont.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    they pretty much are unless you know how to use them which you clearly dont.
    I thought people on this forum have more iq than those at blizz forums, i was wrong.

I thought people on this forum have more iq than those at blizz forums, i was wrong.
    Please go and make a dot stick.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

when you name one fight that's identical to a simulated fight we can talk until then, simulations are nothing but a very rough guideline

outlaw is very much a spec that demands actual experience to see since sims wont show how often will you be near your mean dps and how often will you be at the peak/bottom of it. i can tell you outlaw is relatively consistent on long fights, those outliers will practically never happen, and even if they do there's so many things that go wrong during progression that one person rolling poorly in one try will not effect progression even in the slightest.

but yeah, i mean you can go and do your personal attacks to no avail thus becoming the very thing you've just criticized, but it wont change facts.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-09-18 at 02:41 PM.

This is insane, over 15% dps spread - thats 100k - 250k dps diff between min and max dps. Why arent they reworking RtB to reduce the spread?

Other classes have 20k-40k dps spread, how do they expect outlaws to have mythic raiding or mythic10+ spots if one run they miss 150k of their dps?

Why not rework rtb to provide 2/3/4/5/6 buffs and reduce buff stats to improve quality of life and reduce dps spread?

WTF Blizz?
    Man, you gotta be kidding me

Even with that spread, simulations shows it still outperforms in both single target and AoE by far sub and assassination ( with "by far" I mean on a competitive environment where it is expected the guy to output the best he can do, and if it is a 10% overall DPS difference or more, it is "by far", hell yeah it is )

Sub and sin that should have quality of life improvements, not outlaw

Deleted
    Outlaw on average performs really good. Then there are the 6-buff outliers which will boost the outlaw far ahead of everyone else. Not too bad of a situation if you ask me. Pretty good on average and by far the best in 1-5% of tries.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    outlaw is very much a spec that demands actual experience to see since sims wont show how often will you be near your mean dps and how often will you be at the peak/bottom of it.
    It's right there at the top of the simulation in the chart called "DPS Distribution". I'd be a bit cautious about telling people they "don't know how to use simulations" if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    It's right there at the top of the simulation in the chart called "DPS Distribution". I'd be a bit cautious about telling people they "don't know how to use simulations" if I were you.
    yeah and the min dps is literally the same for both assa and outlaw for example (two very high ranking specs) it's just that outlaw has a much higher max
    soo

its obvious the OP didnt check how often the min/max actually happens otherwise he wouldnt be here shouting like a madman.
    i phrased myself wrong in that post maybe

it's literaly 10 out of 15000 for the min dps
    that's 1 out of 1500 which is 0,066% of the time
    is that something worth crying over?

by the nature of the spec it's going to have big dps swings on paper, i can guarantee you however that in this entire expac you wont have more than 5 fights in which you have near peak or near bottom numbers. does that influence progress in any way and should make you not play outlaw in competitive raiding? no it clearly does not.

rolling high will carry way more fights than rolling low will cause wipes.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-09-18 at 09:35 PM.

DPS spread is pretty big and I've seen PTR raids, outlaw rogues are in three spots usually: top, middle and bottom. Guess that's a pretty big spread.

Brazzers: the DPS spread.

Called it first.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-09-21 at 04:16 AM.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

when you name one fight that's identical to a simulated fight we can talk until then, simulations are nothing but a very rough guideline

outlaw is very much a spec that demands actual experience to see since sims wont show how often will you be near your mean dps and how often will you be at the peak/bottom of it.
    Pretty much this. As Shaun pointed out, sim dps and in game dps are not going to be the same, especially in the early days of an expac where there is still much to learn. As an example of this, look at how many times the recommended reroll strat for rtb has changed since we got this talent.

Writing APL's is challenging under any circumstances, and rtb must be an absolute bitch to sim, not only because it's new, but because it's pretty much unprecedented in the way it works.

Another thing to consider is that, as has been pointed out elsewhere, if you NEVER reroll, rtb is still slightly better than slice and dice. Therefore, even if you just reroll in a half-assed way, you're gonna be ahead of the game. In essence, you may see rtb as a gamble, but in reality you're playing with house money.