Page 1 of 27
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

Divinity Original Sin 2

Didn't see a thread for this so I figured I'd make one seeing as it just went into early access/alpha.

Really good game from what I've played so far! Looking forward to the full release.

Deleted
    I kickstarted the four packs to okay with my friends, can't wait december

10+ Year Old Account
    So anyone else played the Alpha yet? Or are you waiting for a full un-spoiled release?

Started a playthrough as the Red prince, loving the lizard racial armour style. Combat is somewhat improved compared to the first divinity, I.E the game will actually tell you if your projectile path is blocked. Like the removal of crafting and blacksmith stat, the other stats improved also. Had a rough start with exploring at first, but once i got a level up or two, smooth sailing. Currently in the forest / marsh area with an awesome team in my opinion. - Me (Red prince) Picked Enchanter, but spec'ed into Geo, Pyro and air schools as an elementalist build. - Female caster lady, she's spec'ed into hydro and necro. Gonna use her as a buff / summon cleric type of build. The elf ranger - kept her as is. The rogue - Spec'ed him as a dual wield sword bezerker guy with plate armour, does a lot of damage and physically tanky which is helpful in my group composition.

Not died with the group composition yet with amount of cc i can put out, most fights are controlled regardless of position. Kinda like that certain talents are not overpowered compared to the first divinity, but not too weak either.

How's everyone Else's playthrough going?

Deleted
    I'm not playing now, I'm waiting for the full release

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I'm not playing now, I'm waiting for the full release
    Same here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've pretty much gotten to the end of the content available on the Alpha now. Killed the 'boss' of the area and went on a boat only for it to kick me back to the title screen.

That last boss was pretty tough. Lost Lohse and Ifan to the damn beast.

Really enjoyed the 11 hours I spent playing and I look forward to the next update!

Oh and it seems that final quest needs a little bit of tweaking. I couldn't find the guy who sent me there anywhere near where he said he'd meet me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and does anyone know where to find resurrection scrolls? Hopefully I didn't kill the vendor on my rampage... Hehe.

Nevermind. Found 3 on Nebora in Fort Joy, to the right of the main gate you first enter.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-09-18 at 11:09 PM.

I really enjoy my second playthrought with a Warrior with dual and some magic. It was easier than one with a 2h weapon. Im actually trying to beat the labyrith of Braccus Rex, but maybe I will restart a 3º time and do it all again in the right way(getting the collar off of my companions will be helpfulls, have killed the last boss with them xD).

Some Skills are too OP to be honest. And if you play with a heavy Melee(Knight, Soldier, etc...)The Red Prince is a bit useless unless you make it going in a more DPS way(Dual or 2hander) with a bit of support magic.

Maybe 3º play I will try a pure mage. A bit tire of not using the staffs or the wands...T.T

Reviving this thread a bit, due to recent updates.

I'm not someone who enjoys playing Early Access, so I can't comment on the game itself. I have almost 200 hours in D:OS/D:OS EE, not including time spent in the editor, so needless to say I rather enjoy this style and type of game. D:OS 2 looks promising in that it will deliver updated and upgraded versions of all systems within D:OS.

That being said, the main reason I'm updating this post is the Game Master mode that was recently announced, and then debuted by Matt Mercer (voice actor, DMs Critical Role Twitch series). Larian Studios gave Matt Mercer and some popular Twitch streamers (Jesse Cox, Dodger, Strippin and Bikeman) the Alpha of this mode, made Matt Mercer the GM, allowed the streamers to make characters, then let them play. I'm not entirely sure on the details, like how much control Matt was given (though in the AMA after I believe he stated he customized mostly everything), but the Twitch stream was hilarious, and the GM mode looks promising with how much control is actually given.

This is their main site for Kickstarter updates. Here is a link to the Kickstarter video update regarding GM mode. And here is the link to the RP session Matt Mercer and friends had (starts at about 16 minutes in). The campaign they ran is almost 4 hours long, and I only caught the second half, but what I did catch was hilarious. Of course, this may be the epitome of what you can do, given a pretty-much-professional DM and people really into RP, but it shows a lot of what can be done.

Let me know what you guys think. Honestly, as someone who has always wanted to to a D&D RP-type thing but could never really get into it, this looks like a great compromise, especially for those who need the visual buffers.

I also realize this comes off as me marketing for Larian...ehh, whatever. Looks awesome.

Embedded Videos:
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2017-05-10 at 11:32 PM.

DM mode could take this one from a wait for a sale to instant buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Been waiting for this for ages, can't wait for the full release >.<
    Yeah, agreed. Unfortunately I doubt it'll come before Summer is over, since in their update they mention there will be more patches in the 'upcoming months'. While I do want a great game, it sucks having to wait, since it initially seemed like it'd come around Q2. Oh well.

But yeah, that GM mode looks so good for those of us who like the creative aspect!

I watched the live stream as I was interested in seeing how much control was really given to the GM, and I was very impressed with it. Not only could you set up the game world, the scenes (with player choices), and world map (with PoIs and Indiana Jones style travel), the GM can take direct control over just about anything, quickly create new items, add and remove things, and do just about anything you'd want to be able to do on the fly. You can even modify the scenes and map on the fly.

I also liked that they went to Wizards of the Coast, and ran a session with them, to get permission to use The Mines of Phandelver as a promotional tool for GM Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I watched the live stream as I was interested in seeing how much control was really given to the GM, and I was very impressed with it. Not only could you set up the game world, the scenes (with player choices), and world map (with PoIs and Indiana Jones style travel), the GM can take direct control over just about anything, quickly create new items, add and remove things, and do just about anything you'd want to be able to do on the fly. You can even modify the scenes and map on the fly.

I also liked that they went to Wizards of the Coast, and ran a session with them, to get permission to use The Mines of Phandelver as a promotional tool for GM Mode.
    Yeah it was all quite interesting, and innovative, in the most oxymoronic ways, since it appeals to this old style of pen-and-paper ideology. I think the idea of the GM is to be as close to a DM as possible, and they really had a lot going. I thought it was even moreso a better representation of freedom in certain aspects.

For instance, in a regular D&D session, you have to communicate what you're doing, or can't, while a DM is engaging you. Here, you can clearly see the players moving around, exploring, and interacting in ways (no need for, "So, what are you doing during this." though that can easily be added alongside their actual movement or actions in-game). If the GM needs you to pay attention to a specific moment, they can pause and direct said attention while relaying information. Even something like secret agendas wouldn't have to be specifically communicated, because instances would occur where the other players might be unaware. For instance, if one player loots a chest or takes something that others don't notice (I believe Bikeman did that, but then mentioned he looted the chest no one saw, haha), while the GM has access to everyone's loot/status, it would be an effective stealth loot without needing to have that side conversation.

This is definitely something I'd want to GM, play, and even watch on Twitch. I'd say the biggest barrier to entry, in terms of viewership for D&D, is the visual representation. Of course you have outliers, like Critical Role (Matt Mercer & friends) and RollPlay (itmeJP and friends), but otherwise there's not much interest. This puts a face to imagination though, and while introducing certain barriers, gets rid of others I'd argue are much more relevant to engagement.

Looking forward to more information as it arrives. That reminds me, I need to find friends to play this with when it comes out.

Deleted
    Is that Game Master mode avalaible in early access as of right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Is that Game Master mode avalaible in early access as of right now?
    Don't believe so. If it was...I imagine they'd sell it like crazy.

Notably harder than the first game. Just got my ass handed to me in one of the early fights.
    This will be good.

Indeed is more difficult. I really want play it.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Notably harder than the first game. Just got my ass handed to me in one of the early fights.
    This will be good.
    Well that happened in the first game too, at least in a learning-curve-centric capacity. However, it sounds as though you're familiar with the game. It also happened if you went the wrong way (ie. to the Orcs on the beach immediately instead of to the undead nearby the town), but it also sounds as if the alpha wouldn't steer you like that.

So I guess...what's harder? I'm one to play on the hardest mode (minus the not-allowed-to-save-scum, so no Iron Man xD), so I'm curious as to what makes it more difficult? I assume the AI is smarter, if anything? I mean, in the first game, before patches and such, breaking the game was incredibly fun (enough AP to go Invis before a fight, use a crazy AoE spell, then go back Invis). Curious if there are similar mechanics.

The AI seems smarter but the real change is the amount of enemies. You really need to make each turn count.
    Crowd control is important as is LoS

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    The AI seems smarter but the real change is the amount of enemies. You really need to make each turn count.
    Crowd control is important as is LoS
    Yeah but there's also only one difficulty currently, and it's the standard one, right? I assume Tactician or whatever modes will come with release, though I'd rather them get some testing in with them.