Poll: What is the best option.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Considering getting a XboxOne S is it worth it do you like it?

Gears of War 4 is coming out next month and I am considering getting a XboxOne S. It seems the multiplayer (pvp) will not be cross platform with PC like the rest of the game is.

So I am considering getting a XboxOne S (or used original for like $80 cheaper) to play it. I love the gears series and look forward to the campaign and multiplayer.

So I guess the question is....Should I get....

1) The XboxOne S http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/con...-bundle/131745
    2) Original Xbox One http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/con...rbished/128183
    3) Wait for XboxOne Scrop (IMO I think its going to be a $500+ system and I won't pay that much)
    4) Just chalk it up and buy GoW4 for PC.

I like owning hardcopy's and I have a feeling GoW4 Multiplayer will be dead on PC just like GoWUE is, That being thanks to how shit the Windows Store is.

Also I if I do get a XboxOne (ether model) I plan to grab Gears of War UE to hold me over until next month.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well first i would ask what other exclusive would you get since no game holds your attention forever -unless you are a MOBA obsessive i guess - but i would also suggest you look at the actual gameplay footage and sift the bullshot from whats going on. So far all the 'new' enemies look like total reskins and we have been through this before with judgement.
    I love the first 3 gears of war games, mostly for the world and music moreso than the characters but after the dramatic quality decline with Halo i wouldnt be quick to jump on another MS attempt at making a 'killer app' based on brand recognition when they tend to be the sort of games with bad stories, mediocre gameplay and arent made because the story was unfinished but because they needed a name on the box for people to see and buy a console for.

I'd say look at the gameplay and see how much is just reskins of the same old thing and ask yourself if its worth the $100 for the console and game at the cheapest.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-09-17 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well first i would ask what other exclusive would you get since no game holds your attention forever -unless you are a mOBA obsessive i guess - but i would also suggest you look at the actually gameplay footage and sift the bullshot from whats going on. So far all the 'new' enemies look like total reskins and we have been through this before with judgement.
    I love the first 3 gears of war games, mostly for the world and music moreso than the characters but after the dramatic quality decline with Halo i wouldnt be quick to jump on another MS attempt at making a 'killer app' based on brand recognition when they tend to be the sort of games with bad stories, mediocre gameplay and arent made because the story was unfinished but because they needed a name on the box for people to see and buy a console for.

I'd say look at the gameplay and see how much is just reskins of the same old thing and ask yourself if its worth the $100 for the console and game at the cheapest.
    The only games that I will be getting for the XB1 is games that are 100% exclusive to it (mostly first party titles). I know some future games will be XB1/Windows but like I said before if those games have Multiplayer and it isn't cross-platform then it will be dead on PC.

You are right and I should maybe wait and see more of GoW4 (because judgement was.....bad) From what I have seen so far it does look fun IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    You are correct that is much cheaper. I originally picked gamestop because it would be easy to return if there is issues. But I may look around (like there) or my local pawnshops for a cheaper system.

I am kinda starting to talk myself out of the $300 system and just getting a much cheaper used one if I get one. Sadly the one u linked mite run off before I buy if I do since it will be a couple hours before a get one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The only games that I will be getting for the XB1 is games that are 100% exclusive to it (mostly first party titles). I know some future games will be XB1/Windows but like I said before if those games have Multiplayer and it isn't cross-platform then it will be dead on PC.

You are right and I should maybe wait and see more of GoW4 (because judgement was.....bad) From what I have seen so far it does look fun IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

You are correct that is much cheaper. I originally picked gamestop because it would be easy to return if there is issues. But I may look around (like there) or my local pawnshops for a cheaper system.

I am kinda starting to talk myself out of the $300 system and just getting a much cheaper used one if I get one. Sadly the one u linked mite run off before I buy if I do since it will be a couple hours before a get one.
    e-bay has a return system, you could pick a vendor with it (and it should still be cheaper than gamestop - in case of this vendor - its 30 days with you paying return shipping, pretty standard stuff). which I actualy used with ps2 I grabbed out of nostalgia (on a second try, I got a system that actualy worked properly ).

that said, there are always new listings, and yeah - local shops may have something as well.

what i'm trying to say is - go with cheaper, refurbished option IMO. or... wait a few months for holiday sales. xbox tends to go on sale periodically, like all summer, they were selling it for $250 new WITH bundled games. windows store is... er hates it, we hates it forevah! /best gollum impression I can manage. but I believe you get a pc copy if you buy it for xbox anyways? I think..

e-bay has a return system, you could pick a vendor with it (and it should still be cheaper than gamestop - in case of this vendor - its 30 days with you paying return shipping, pretty standard stuff). which I actualy used with ps2 I grabbed out of nostalgia (on a second try, I got a system that actualy worked properly ).

that said, there are always new listings, and yeah - local shops may have something as well.

what i'm trying to say is - go with cheaper, refurbished option IMO. or... wait a few months for holiday sales. xbox tends to go on sale periodically, like all summer, they were selling it for $250 new WITH bundled games. windows store is... er hates it, we hates it forevah! /best gollum impression I can manage. but I believe you get a pc copy if you buy it for xbox anyways? I think..
    You only get a XboxOne/Windows Copy if you buy digital. If I get a XB1 ill buy a hard copy since I like collecting. You do have a good point and I may just wait until Black Friday to see if there is some deals.

But ya getting a used one is starting to look like the way to go if I do it now. If I don't ill get the PC version and wait until Black Friday for a system. Thanks for all the comments guys

Pawnshop near me has one for $99 it seems so I may check that out.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-17 at 04:55 PM.

Depends on how much you are willing to pay, how long you are willing to wait.

The Xbox S seems to be better enough over the XB1 to justify the increased cost you've mentioned.
    Its more powerful, has 4k, and no power brick.

If you are willing to wait, the Scorpion seems likely to be even better, but it depends on the price.
    The Scorpion could be a killer system if its price is right. More powerful than the PS4P it may be, but people will still avoid it if the price is too high, especially since it'll be playing the same games as other systems.

But if you just want to play a couple of games, the PC version is the way to go.
    There are very few games that are worth buying a full system for.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Depends on how much you are willing to pay, how long you are willing to wait.

The Xbox S seems to be better enough over the XB1 to justify the increased cost you've mentioned.
    Its more powerful, has 4k, and no power brick.

If you are willing to wait, the Scorpion seems likely to be even better, but it depends on the price.
    The Scorpion could be a killer system if its price is right. More powerful than the PS4P it may be, but people will still avoid it if the price is too high, especially since it'll be playing the same games as other systems.

But if you just want to play a couple of games, the PC version is the way to go.
    There are very few games that are worth buying a full system for.
    I decided to order a XboxOne S but its a pay on monthy setup (Via Fingerhunt) for $30 a month. In the end it will only cost me about $50 more then the system originally cost but makes the upfrount cost much cheaper on me. It will also improve my credit so why not.

So I decided to do that and get Gears 4 for it when it comes out. I don't see the XboxOne Scrop being under $500 and I am only getting it for a select few games.

Its the XboxOne S bundle with Halo 5 and HMC. Sucks I already own HMC from when I use to own a XB1.

I am also going to check out the backwards compatibility games and get those.

Edit: So by the time its paided off the XB1 Scrop will be coming out and I mite trade it in for it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-19 at 11:17 PM.

ugg... fingerhut. I would have gotten amazon storecard instead, at least no extra cost and no interest and I'm fairly sure at $300, they give you 6 month interest free. alternately - paypals deferred payment system. also should be at least 6 month interest free. AND you would have gotten better bundle selection.

I'm surprised fingerhut is even still in business. everything they sell is overpriced

ugg... fingerhut. I would have gotten amazon storecard instead, at least no extra cost and no interest and I'm fairly sure at $300, they give you 6 month interest free. alternately - paypals deferred payment system. also should be at least 6 month interest free. AND you would have gotten better bundle selection.

I'm surprised fingerhut is even still in business. everything they sell is overpriced
    Amazon denined me for there store card and I got to wait to re-apply for it. Like I said including tax its only about $50 more so its whatever. Makes my upfront cash insanely cheaper

I don't even start first payment until next month as well.

Pros.
    1) Improves my credit over time...woot.
    2) Insanely cheap upfront cost.

Cons
    1) Cost a bit more then full ($50 or so more).

Deleted
    Why are you buying a console based on a game that's not even out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Why are you buying a console based on a game that's not even out yet?
    Because I have seen enough of it to want to play it and there is other exclusives I wish to play. The cost is also super low so I don't mind.

There is ton's of Multiplayer videos out and some SP campaign stuff out as well to get a decent judgement.

Then there is the BC that allows me to play some 360 games

Amazon denined me for there store card and I got to wait to re-apply for it. Like I said including tax its only about $50 more so its whatever. Makes my upfront cash insanely cheaper

I don't even start first payment until next month as well.

Pros.
    1) Improves my credit over time...woot.
    2) Insanely cheap upfront cost.

Cons
    1) Cost a bit more then full ($50 or so more).
    huh... now i see why you need to improve your credit, sorry to hear that and good luck. took me a few years, give or take (and I actualy had to get a secure credit card which I canceled few years later, cause to hell with those yearly fees, but.. it did its job, allowing me to get a regular credit card)

huh... now i see why you need to improve your credit, sorry to hear that and good luck. took me a few years, give or take (and I actualy had to get a secure credit card which I canceled few years later, cause to hell with those yearly fees, but.. it did its job, allowing me to get a regular credit card)
    Ya I just got a secure credit card myself with a $70 a year membership fee.. Once my credit improves enough and I get a better credit card I am dropping it

I am charging the fingerhut monthly fee to the credit card so one feeds the other. Paying it off at the start of each month

Lets me pay and forget

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a cheap one. I like it... also has mod support.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I got a cheap one. I like it... also has mod support.
    Cool beans and what u mean mod support? You mean like for FO4 and all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool beans and what u mean mod support? You mean like for FO4 and all?
    And the Skyrim remaster. I got an original Xbone for a good steal. well worth it.

I read that the Xbox One S is targeted at 360 owners who haven't upgraded yet. And that the Scorpion is going to be really expensive, more than $1K.

As with all consoles, ignore the stats on the box and focus on the games that will be and currently are available for it.

There have been a number of times that I have looked at the Wii, my requirement was that I had to be able to find a few (3-5) games that I thought I would like. I could never find that quantity and so have never bought one.

Gears of War 4 is coming out next month and I am considering getting a XboxOne S. It seems the multiplayer (pvp) will not be cross platform with PC like the rest of the game is.

So I am considering getting a XboxOne S (or used original for like $80 cheaper) to play it. I love the gears series and look forward to the campaign and multiplayer.

So I guess the question is....Should I get....

1) The XboxOne S http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/con...-bundle/131745
    2) Original Xbox One http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/con...rbished/128183
    3) Wait for XboxOne Scrop (IMO I think its going to be a $500+ system and I won't pay that much)
    4) Just chalk it up and buy GoW4 for PC.

I like owning hardcopy's and I have a feeling GoW4 Multiplayer will be dead on PC just like GoWUE is, That being thanks to how shit the Windows Store is.

Also I if I do get a XboxOne (ether model) I plan to grab Gears of War UE to hold me over until next month.
    You have a decent PC, I would just chalk it up and buy it on PC and then next year wait to see what the price is for scorpio. However that halo bundle is hard to pass up. Halo 5 is really fun. If I didn't already have an xbox one, I wouldn't even consider buying one until I saw the price of the Scorpio though and could force myself to wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I read that the Xbox One S is targeted at 360 owners who haven't upgraded yet. And that the Scorpion is going to be really expensive, more than $1K.

As with all consoles, ignore the stats on the box and focus on the games that will be and currently are available for it.

There have been a number of times that I have looked at the Wii, my requirement was that I had to be able to find a few (3-5) games that I thought I would like. I could never find that quantity and so have never bought one.
    I have heard ZERO rumors of the Scorpio being $1k+. good job making up a huge number. I honestly think it will be about $500 or $600 for an elite bundle that comes with the elite controller too.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the announcement of that Scorpio model I would wait to be honest. I think the best choice right now is to just get it on PC, take the chances with multiplayer (I don't think it will be as dead as you say) and go with that for now. To me it's a waste of money to spend $400 on a system that will soon be beaten by a better model for probably the same price if not maybe a little more in about a year. When I get my Xbox One it's going to be the Scorpio model. I pre-ordered the digital version mainly to play with my friends who are doing the same (we're all Gear heads) so when the Scorpio comes out hopefully they'll have a bundle that comes with Gears 4 if not then I'll just buy it separately.

I also like having physical copies of games. I like knowing that I actually own the game instead of just the download files. Physical > digital when it comes to games. I've come to accept digital games more than I used to over time (even Steam) but I still like having physical copies. It's just a nice feeling of being able to hold the game in my hands in the nice case with the cover art and whatnot. I guess I'm just old school when it comes to video games.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe