ASTRONEER - A game of aerospace industry and interplanetary exploration

ASTRONEER - A game of aerospace industry and interplanetary exploration

Official Trailer - Early Access Trailer (Xbox One | Windows 10 | Steam)

Official Trailer - Pre-Alpha Footage

Pre-Alpha 10 minutes Gameplay

Pre-Alpha 30 minutes Gameplay

Official website: http://astroneer.space/
    Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/361420/ - coming soon (December 2016 for 20$, source) on Steam in Early Access!

Explore and exploit distant worlds in ASTRONEER – A game of aerospace industry and interplanetary exploration.

The sudden development of technology for rapid space travel enables fast and inexpensive journeys to the stars. Exo Dynamics, the dominant conglomerate in the new field, has opened flights to daring citizens of Earth. Like the Yukon gold rush of old, waves of adventurers sign up to launch themselves into a new frontier, risking everything to seek their fortune in the far reaches of the galaxy. These are the Astroneers.

As an Astroneer, you must find a way to dig out a life on one of a multitude of harsh new worlds. Blast through the terrain to uncover precious artifacts and materials you can use to fuel your quest to become a wealthy baron in the stars. Along the way, discover oddities, raise questions, and uncover mysteries.
    Perhaps not all is as it seems.

The game looks veery relaxing and well done
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-09-22 at 03:56 PM.

Why must all these really interesting concepts be in pre-alpha and coming soon to early access, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    Why must all these really interesting concepts be in pre-alpha and coming soon to early access, why?
    because they cannot actually deliver the game they are promising, more than likely.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Next game to be hyped into utter hated?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Well, if you seek a full release... you do have No Man's Sky =D
    "full release"

Deleted
    *giggles*

Any vague idea on current requirements, as in pc spec, always online etc?
    Also, no price on steam page, odd seeing as states there's early access.

Well it certainly looks very nice. I hope it has the gameplay to match. Also fuck early access.

Deleted
    Here's 10 minutes of gameplay:

Even if it's in pre-alpha, it still looks really interesting.

Just over half hour of gameplay:

Yeah... no :P. While I think there's some competence in that game, the developer went full Peter Molyneux and left out a lot of things he promised. Also it doesn't appeal to me as much as thing one because I feel it's missing the base building aspect and the vehicle design (Or at least I'm understanding it has some sort of vehicle design) this one has. It feels a little like Kerbal Space Program with a bigger emphasis on planet exploration and resource gathering.

One thing I don't like, that is subject to change, is that spaceships seem to be automated. You only pick your destination and it will take you there automatically without the risk of rapid unplanned disassembly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    Because game development requires money and they don't have enough to finish it before announcing it, meanwhile publishers are pathetically scared of trying new things because they know can just churn out the same shit repeatedly and the people whining about early access will eat it all up.

*edit* KSP, for example, wouldn't exist without the early-access platform. Maybe just like pre-orders they're fine aslong you put even the smallest amount of effort in.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2016-09-19 at 05:52 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait NMS is still in beta.. right ?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    https://m.facebook.com/astroneergame...type=1&theater

$20 and early access starts in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/astroneergame...type=1&theater

$20 and early access starts in December.
    No PS4 release

Deleted
    I am so very happy that we're seeing more and more of these games where the environment is almost completely destroyable (and buildable.) I mean, Minecraft might have been the shining beacon leading the way, but now we're moving on from cubes to voxels which is great. Just add a bunch of fidelity and we'll soon be creating our own sand dunes and rolling hills and meadows.

Now all we need is some really great liquid physics so that we can have truly realistic water and other liquids.

I've updated first post with the new Early Access trailer + early access info (December 2016, price: 20$). Can't wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    No PS4 release
    Why is that a problem? If you're on a WoW forum you must have a decent PC.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Why is that a problem? If you're on a WoW forum you must have a decent PC.
    I do in fact have a very good PC (i7 6700K) but the only games I play on it are WoW and EVE Online. I just don't like playing non-MMO games on PC, never have. I might be buying an Xbox One S so I might be able to play this anyway.