Blizz needs to hire PVP designers ... PVP?

Where do we begin to talk about blizzards ideas of what PVP is in LEGION. Honestly, I am totally surprised that the best PVE game ever designed has the worst PVP philosophy and ideals every created. Blizz invented 100's of different things to do as a PVE er from pet battles to raids to reputations to transmogs to mounts etc etc. Amazing PVE game.

Then, we have PVP.

1. The PVP towers and World Quest? The same towers over and over again, with no real amount of alliance vs horde battles going on at all. The only interesting idea they had was the Gladiator Pit Free For all that can get a compliment, if they were not so RARE with rewards and one of them is located in the middle of no where and ridiculous to get too. Every world quest is easier to get too that the Thunder Totem Free for all arena pit.

2. BG's - How did you take an already broken idea and break it even more? So, there are no real rewards, I guess you could count transmog tokens and silly non addicting things, but in general the honor grinding is silly, the no gear or low gear level is offensive, and the idea that you didnt even try to fix maps or make new ones is just mind blowing. 5 million people giving you 15 dollars a month is not enough to hire a pvp map maker? And to add more fuel to the fire, so I grind like a madman, enter a battleground, and a person with 800 gear level almost does the same dmg as a guy with 850 gear level......

3. Where is the creativity and imagination that you had when you designed Alterac Valley, the original? Why have you not invented a new generation of pvp? 12 years and you have no new real ideas? Why dont you give PVPers choice like PVERS do. Why can we not que for Capture the flag type games, or hold the zone games like AB and EYE. What is this refusal to make PVP a real part of the game and dump some real programing and map making and imagination to this very important part of the game.

---please make a grand pvp button, with original alterac valley, original wintergrasp, and maybe fix strands and IOC (maybe even ashran)and have fun real rewards in there.

I am on curse voice with 6-10 people while we level, and we are all in agreement that we are just so impressed that you have such great ideas with this new amazing xpax, and nothing with pvp at all. See you in the arena....

Deleted
    ''Shut up, pvp guy.''

-Jay Wilson, Blizzard Dev

Reasonable complaints. Honor talent grinding feels like a lackluster alternative that Blizzard put together to replace the previous honor grind currency for gear. Most of the time world pvp quests are the same damn warden tower quest where u kill the boss at the top of the tower and some mobs. Couple of new arena maps were a great addition, but no new bgs? No new ashran/tol barad/wintergrasp style zones?

One day Blizzard will realize the big money is where competitive pvp is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    Reasonable complaints. Honor talent grinding feels like a lackluster alternative that Blizzard put together to replace the previous honor grind currency for gear. Most of the time world pvp quests are the same damn warden tower quest where u kill the boss at the top of the tower and some mobs. Couple of new arena maps were a great addition, but no new bgs? No new ashran/tol barad/wintergrasp style zones?

One day Blizzard will realize the big money is where competitive pvp is at.
    People fucking hated ashran, no wonder they didnt do a new one.

If they properly designed the classes in the first place, the PVP would be fine. There is zero need for PVP-specific developers. The problem is that class design just gets worse every single expansion.

Do you really want to play on an Un even field?

I really don't like hating on people, but I don't think Holinka knows much about PvP. I really do think they need some fresh blood who has handled PvP in MMO's.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy if they simply gave a third exclude option.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.