Should I reset my Artifact Tree?

I accidentally started going towards Call of the Hunter instead of going down towards Legacy of the Windrunners. Is it going to be a huge deal or should I just reset?

I'm not familiar with your tree, but I'd say it wouldn't be much of a big deal. You might miss out on a few percent of dps down the line, but eventually you're going to have all of the traits anyway. If only artifact respecs weren't expensive as shit...

I was a bit worried when I went a couple points into sharpened fangs, and I'm "kind of" suffering a bit because I can't reach the 20% aspect reduction before raid week. Other than that, the DPS sims are very much similar—a bit higher in fact, than if I had my third golden trait rather than those two "wasted" points.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerLOL View Post
    I accidentally started going towards Call of the Hunter instead of going down towards Legacy of the Windrunners. Is it going to be a huge deal or should I just reset?
    So you have Bullseye already then? If so, I personally wouldn't reset because at that point your looking at quite a steep cost. I'd just go back to moving towards LotW, but I don't know what the dps difference is.

Deleted
    You are not mentioning anything about what content you are doing or are going to do. Unless you are a progression raider you should be fine. Just start picking the right traits and move in a different direction.
    For a casual LFR / mythic dungeon player it would be fine.
    If you are aiming for stuff like mythic+5 or more (from the start) I would might consider "wasting" a lot of artifact power.

Ask yourself "is it really necessary to reset with the content im aiming for?" That would give you pretty much the exact answer you are looking for.

Also.. My guess would be that you are a casual player (as you didn't do any online research on you artifact traits before spending your power) and you don't have much reason to reset it. But hey, it is just my guess...

I would say you can reset with no worries until 13 points where the cost for your next trait increases from 1000 to 6800. Wasting 1k doesn't hurt that much but anything above is no use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Related question: Are your AP refunded (partial or in full) if you reset?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The trait points yes, not the AP... Resetting will cost you as much AP as your next trait would cost. The deeper you are into your traits the more painfull it will be, thus I'd say 13 points is a kind of breaking point making it no use / too expensive to reset.