Is there a bug with Nomi?

So I've seen a reference but no source on a bug with Nomi and his test kitchen saying that the recipe drop rate is really really low and miscalculated. I feel that there is something odd because I've not gotten a single recipe in almost 2 weeks now with work orders constantly going.

So really two questions:

1. Do you have to give him certain reagents to get the recipes (i.e. if I want something that require barracuda I should give him those)?
    2. Is there any bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    1. Do you have to give him certain reagents to get the recipes (i.e. if I want something that require barracuda I should give him those)?
    2. Is there any bug?
    1. I believe the answer to this one is yes. I for sure had to give him bacon strips to get the recipe for bacon.
    2. Possibly. Nomi is either the worst chef in history, extremely limited in what he can give you (if you keep giving him the same thing maybe you already got all the recipes he can give?), or has the chance of new recipes tuned far too low.

No. There was a blue post stating basically "Yes, he sucks at cooking right now, but it will get better as the xpac goes on." So no bugs.

Deleted
    So are they saying, the more work orders you complete with him, the higher chance you have of getting a recipe?

Deleted
    Yesterday I got the same recipe three freaking times from one batch of workorders. All the other times I got nothing.

#FML

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Yesterday I got the same recipe three freaking times from one batch of workorders. All the other times I got nothing.

#FML
    Yeah, I had one where I got 3x of one and 2x another from one batch. Since then I never leave more than 3 finished work orders, just in case it's not all burnt... unfortunately I've not had a new recipe in the last week or so.
    Just in general professions/recipes in Legion are pretty awful(made 500+ flasks, still no 3star, same with Deadly Grace potions)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

1: Yes, to get a specific recipe you have to give him ingredients thats in that food.
    2: nope. as sad as it is to say, especially if youre like me who trained him pandaria. He sucks. All this time, and he sucks.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    One trick is, never queue the same ingredient multiple times; queue everything in singles.
    E.g. your character knows rank 1 of drogbar-style salmon. You queue 8 Highmountain Salmon and then pick all 8 workorders.
    All 8 workorders have a chance to give you rank 2. None have a chance to give you rank 3 since you don't know rank 2 yet. So it is entirely possible to get 8 rank 2 recipes of the same thing.
    This is the right thing to do: never more than one work order for any raw ingredient.

The first time I gave him stuff, I gave him 12 work orders for the same meat and got 3 copies of the same rank 2 recipe. His coded logic is not in-depth enough; he only "knows" recipes you have learned, and not what you will get when you pick up the work orders that are complete but not yet picked up.

It ends up being inefficient from a time perspective, because depending on what ingredients you have, he can spend several hours a day not processing work orders. However, that's the only way to avoid wasting materials by getting duplicate recipes.

Ah well, it's only cooking. I could care less if it takes me the whole expansion to level all of it, I guess.

Well, he gave me 2x rank 1 Bacon recipe today... which I already know for a week. Oo So what the hell?

Rng is Rng. i try to give him a few different items for recipe's i'm working on. But i'm not sure how to get delicacies. I gave him baracuda and leyblood for barracuda mrglgagh, got rank 3 and a nightborne delicacy platter, rank 1, but now i'm not sure what to give to get ranks for that, as it doesn't have standard foods. but i give him a plethera of items for work orders, 3 or 4 work orders for different items and i'm getting about 1 or 2 recipe's every so often maybe a few new recipe's a week, no dupes yet. guess i've been lucky with that so far, but RNG doubt it'll last...

edit - oh and i always give him 3 or 4 of the same to queue up, way too many times he'll give you nothing but burnt food, so i have to completely disagree with only queuing 1 work order per food item at a time. would rather have a 1 in 4 chance and risk a dupe, than a 1 in 1 chance and very probably get nothing. unless your checking on him all the time and requeuing the same ingredients. it's just not efficent when it's not like these materials are at all hard to come by if your doing world quests.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2016-09-20 at 12:29 AM.

He gave me two of the same recipe yesterday
    Otherwise he just burn my work orders.

Who designed this nomi that burnt foods so bad should be shot in the head.. I mean.. What the hell.. It's wasting my goddamn mats for couple weeks and worst slowest fucking cooking npc and your telling me you fucked it up.. seriously is nomi cooking profession level 1 or something?

http://imgur.com/a/gKAg7

Short video explaining How Cooking and Nomi's Test Kitchen Works

After getting rank 2 for recipes I stopped doing work orders. All its giving is sometimes my ingredients back and burnt food. Imo its not worth me burning through food materials only to get nothing out of it.

A bit off-topic, but is there anyone who has rank 3 with any delicacies, like azshari salad ?
    I've been feeding Nomi runescale koi and lean shanks for more that a week without a recipe.

I've been running research with nomi since day 2 of legion non-stop. I cycle through all the ingredients and tend to go fish / meat / fish / meat... You can see what you are missing and have discovered by the learned / unlearned tab on your cooking profession interface. The unlearned tab will tell you if its a recipe that you can get from a quest or drop or only from discovery. You need to get all the quest and drop recipes. Some recipes use as ingredients the products of other recipes. You will not discover these recipes unless you have discovered the prior recipes. Some of the prior recipes are world drops or from a particular quest (or a vendor in suramar that only has the recipe after a long quest chain - the unlearned tab had the incorrect name of the vendor when I unlocked the recipe - that might have been fixed since). I have discovered every recipe bar 2 of the +375 stats recipes. I have rank 3 on a number of recipes. I think it also helps to level cooking as high as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    No. There was a blue post stating basically "Yes, he sucks at cooking right now, but it will get better as the xpac goes on." So no bugs.
    So this means we shouldn't be wasting time on cooking until later in the expansions? Because I'm just burning mats for nothing.

Best advice I can give you is DONT wait for too many work orders to pick it up or you will get 3 duplicates of the same recipe and nothing else, rage inducing. And try to give 1-2 of one type of ingredient and switch to another, don't stack one type too long.

Deleted
    Hey, small question: can you learn the rank 2 recipes from nomi with cooking skill level 1? According to wowhead you need 700, but I have one recipe for rank 2 already (but without nomi..). Don'tt want to waste millions of mats for nothing.

Yeah so what I have gathered you need to be a certain cooking level get higher ranks of the best foods, the hungry magister in my case. Seems like many people like me has been feeding Nomi lots of fatty bearstakes with a cooking skill of ~200 totally in vain. I now realized this and leveled the skill up to around 725 and eagerly waiting new work orders