Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds wonderful.

People who want to run LFR to see content/upgrade gear/catch up after a late start or break/transmog can do so and hopefully, the actual raids will be out long enough that the douchey elitists have no incentive to run it and save us from the subsequent bitching about being "forced" to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    You'd have to be a lot more lucky on LFR gear vs heroic and mythic gear. You might get WF or TF but it doesn't mean it will go to the max ilvl. I've gotten 815 TF gear from em caches.
    Well, LFR doesn't require a premade group and it's far easier to get carried in. That alone gives a huge swath of people a reason to run it.
    Last edited by Sir Andy; 2016-09-19 at 08:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Deleted
    Slightly offtopic: Does LFR share lockout with normal / heroic raids?

Deleted
    I think this is perfect. The intention behind LFR originally was to provide an alternative way to see the end game content, not as part of the gearing process. As the easiest raid content in the game it simply should not compete with Mythic dungeons which should be more rewarding to match the increased effort.

LFR belongs in the game to fulfill it's original reason for existing and people who never needed it in the first place have absolutely no need to participate. Win-Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Slightly offtopic: Does LFR share lockout with normal / heroic raids?
    Never has before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    I think this is perfect. The intention behind LFR originally was to provide an alternative way to see the end game content, not as part of the gearing process. As the easiest raid content in the game it simply should not compete with Mythic dungeons which should be more rewarding to match the increased effort.

LFR belongs in the game to fulfill it's original reason for existing and people who never needed it in the first place have absolutely no need to participate. Win-Win.
    Without worthy rewards people will have less reason to do it. Despite what Blizz says - players care more about gear than seeing content.

No reason not to have LFR gear=mythics. Legion Mythics are the new heroics. Mythic+ fills the gap for harder 5 mans with better rewards. Should be 5 man normal<heroics<mythic/LFR<mythic+=normal raids etc.

Dungeon players have their difficult and rewarding content with mythic+, casual raiders have their easy raid alternative to 5 mans and hardcore raiders have their mythic raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

You don't understand LFR at all, it seems. It's 10% about the loot, 90% about "We want people who don't spend that much time in the game and aren't into raiding see the content". Please don't call these casuals. I am a casual and I still care and run mythics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    Lfr was put in the game so casuals could see the content not so thay could get loot
    This is actually a brilliant experiment with the gear being worse than Mythic dungeons by default. Basically we'll see what these people, who I refuse to refer to as casuals, are really after. Is it really the raid content they want or is it the I-level. Because if there are sources of gear with higher level that are just as easy to access if they simply click on the group finder and LFR participation drops many of us are vindicated. Now, Blizzard pulled an underhanded trick with putting tier back in to coax actual unlucky raiders into carrying LFR groups, but you can't get everything you want I suppose.

Blizzard MUST put out a new Mythic dungeon(s) every tier in order to get the real results of the experiment. I think we'll find that the masses ignore LFR and begin to bitch and demand Mythics be put into LFD and nerfed in order to allow facerollers to get the gear they so desperately seek.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

It should be 825, same as heroic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    It should be 825, same as heroic dungeons.
    It won't be. They learned from WoD people will just leave if they do don't receive anything meanful from it. I don't see why it's a problem as long as rewards scale up to better content correctly.

Makes LFR pointless TBH. Why would anyone run it when even heroics can drop better bear if you get super lucky with procs. Standard mythic gear is better as well. Should have started LFR at 840 so it's a direct alternative to 5mans.

They might as well remove it since normal is easily puggable.
    Because LFR drops tier and has a super low change to roll up to mythic ilvl.

I am looking forward to Legion LFR unlike WOD.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

it has all the same relics, trinkets and the same tier gear as normal+ raids, just lower ilvl

I LOVE IT

gonna be running LFR each weak for sure on my "mains" to get trinkets and tier

- - - Updated - - -

Because if there are sources of gear with higher level that are just as easy to access if they simply click on the group finder
    manually applying for and getting accepted into a mythic group (and then running said mythic 5-man) is not even remotely as easy as pressing join for LFR and then afk'ing for half the run

ppl dont seem to get that .. LFD/LFR automated systems by themselves are much easier for the majority of casuals then the LFG tool

Working as intended, step your game up or shut the fuck up.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

People will run it.

You get a chance at Legendaries off the bosses and Augment Runes. I made a decent amount of money selling them in WoD.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes LFR pointless TBH. Why would anyone run it when even heroics can drop better bear if you get super lucky with procs. Standard mythic gear is better as well. Should have started LFR at 840 so it's a direct alternative to 5mans.

LFR even though people use it on WoD to gear up, the primary point of LFR is for people that don't have time or even a guild, can experience the content.

The way is structure now makes sense altogether, people don't feel obligated to run it before doing normal, LFR is right now as it should have been from the beginning, a mean for people with no time or guild to experience content for which they are paying for.

Deleted
    LFR is tourist mode. You get in there, takes a look around, get a souvenir - often something that isn't worth anything, and go home with it.
    And anyways, it is still 1 step up gear wise from LFG but not as good as from dungeons where you manually form a group (or at least uses the group finder..).

LFR might be good to gear up a bit pre mythic dungeons, to get that small ilvl increase. Or at least for some transmog

I assume people are having a good cry because casual/new players get the same loot as 'uberl337prounemployed' people but at a lower item level? give them a break, they pay subs too.

Augment Runes will be the main reason all dps will and should run it.

LfR-gear can proc war/titanforged too, and LfR-loot starts out 10 itemlevels higher than heroics too (Mythic0 and Mythic+ are for a totally different group of players anyway), and once Nighthold comes out we'll get tier-sets too with the same bonuses as the normal+ set, as well as AP-items for each boss, so all in all it will be worthwhile...

The problem with LFR is that it is not completely faceroll. You need those few people who can carry the ones that are really bad or it will be a wipefest and not fun for anyone.

I am one of those people who often chill in LFR for the fun of it. In many cases there are less douchebags than in normal PUGs. Because most of the skilled people who join expect a pretty low average. I play tank or healer. I find that tanking is significantly more forgiving in LFR than in the higher difficulty levels. When it comes to healing, LFR can be hit or miss. Sometimes it is much easier because the people are playing properly. Other times it is harder than normal because you get tanks that cannot use cooldowns and a raid full of firestanders.
    It really depends a little too much on the randomness of the groupfinder composition.

This leaves you with a game mode that some days is smooth sailing and a ton of fun, while other days it is toecrunching. For someone who can pick and choose between the content it is not a big problem. But for someone who has the progression path of LFD->LFR the randomness will eventually drive them to stop playing.
    It is unfortunately how MMOs are designed to work. Unless you spend the effort to get someone nice to play with (join or guild or just make friends) you will always be at the mercy of random matchmaking or ilvl-snobby PUG-leaders. Most of the times the people making PUGs are not even in it for the fun of playing, but they are worse gear-wh**es than the LFR crowd, going through the hassle of making a normal-PUG simply because they want a piece of gear.

As long as the game is made up of this rather large portion of gear-craving people, and much smaller chunks of organized raiders and true casuals, it will be an issue. The loot-cravers will scour every corner of the game for an upgrade and desire it. They need to make LFR award less-than-WQ ilvl gear with quest-look before LFR becomes what it was intended to be. But the reason they have not done that is because without incentive for some halfway skilled players to be in the groups it would not be fun for the tourists. They can only tune it down so far. If they get to tuning to the point where it feels like the levelling experience then it will not be fun anymore. Despite the forgiving nature of LFR, it still needs to have some elements of the "if you mess up, you die" epic feel, along with the rewards of beating something a little more challenging than killing 10 wolves for striped wolfs' tails for some dude that stands alone in the middle of the monster invested forest and gives you gold to kill wolves.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    And they will be getting drops. If they want better drops, they need to do the more difficult versions of raids.
    lol no. Casuals have never raided, even before LFR. Even after adding mounts and pets and other shiny bullshit to raiding, casuals avoided it because it's unappealing. LFR is what keeps raiding afloat, without LFR Blizzard couldn't justify putting so many resources into raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post

What the fuck are you even talking about? Mythic dungeons are piss easy, just as LFR is. Yeah, LFR loot should compete with Mythic dungeon loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    You don't understand LFR at all, it seems. It's 10% about the loot, 90% about "We want people who don't spend that much time in the game and aren't into raiding see the content". Please don't call these casuals. I am a casual and I still care and run mythics.
    And you don't seem to understand my point at all. What blizzard says and what people want are not always the same thing. Run a poll asking why people run LFR. The top answer by PLAYERS won't be "just to see content" as you claim.

If blizzard made LFR drop no loot do you think people would still run it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.