Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Sure, I'll make one, give me a bit to upload.

I'm not perfect at this yet and I made a few mistakes but the damage it puts out is funny. 327k over 10 minutes, could probably get it to 345k with flask/food/pots. Clean it up a little and it's pretty silly how high it goes.
    Can you give us a basic rotation you use? I've been studying your video and have an idea, but your conserve phase confuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by kogbe View Post
    Can you give us a basic rotation you use? I've been studying your video and have an idea, but your conserve phase confuses me.
    Altered time can explain it better than me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've always considered Arcane boring but this looks pretty interesting lol. Even though you provided some dps numbers of your EN boss runs, is this type of rotation normally sustainable, particularly when there's lots of running in/out mechanics in boss fights? It seems like there's a ton of micomanagement and not a whole lot of room for error. If you even mess up the slightest and lose your Quickening stacks then does that completely screw you over and ruin your dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    I've always considered Arcane boring but this looks pretty interesting lol. Even though you provided some dps numbers of your EN boss runs, is this type of rotation normally sustainable, particularly when there's lots of running in/out mechanics in boss fights? It seems like there's a ton of micomanagement and not a whole lot of room for error. If you even mess up the slightest and lose your Quickening stacks then does that completely screw you over and ruin your dps?
    It's like S2M, if you fuck it up you lose all your damage. And if you die there's no point in being rezzed at all because you'll do no dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    You'll still do okay damage if you mess up, but you won't get the absurd numbers. It's very attention intensive yeah.

I managed to keep it here for most of the fight and did 306k, and there's a decent amount of movement and mechanics.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-09-25 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    NT spam is complicated, difficult and only viable when about 10 other conditions are met. It originally stemmed from the issue that Mastery was undertuned so people wondered what else to do when the "expected" burn/conserve wasn't really satisfying.

Expected burn/conserve = drain your mana spamming Blast/Missiles with Runes and Power, fully Evocate, then rotate Blasts-Missiles-Barrage gently until Power is ready with Evocation off its cooldown just as you drain your mana again in the next burn phase.

With the NT spam/Quickening stacks gameplay, casting Blast during the conserve phase severely punishes you. You're mostly just allowed to spam NT/Missiles with Explosion only if you don't get any procs in the window you have to spam NT.

Now, Haste does have an additional interaction with NT and Explosion, and that's the reduction of the global cooldown. With enough Haste, your gcd drops from 1.5 seconds to 1 second, allowing you to spam more NTs in the Quickening window.

Casting even a single Blast when you shouldn't can make your mana drop too low and your mana will be too low for the next burn phase, tanking your dps in the process. So in addition to making sure that you can even pull this off because of boss mechanics, you have to be very focused on not being greedy for Blasts that can crit for hilarious amounts.

NT spam gameplay is subjectively both fun when you succeed and horribly frustrating when you fail, and you fail more than half of the time. Objectively, NT spam is dreadful and needs to be disabled in some way. It's counterintuitive.
    My magic will tear you apart.

All they'd need to do is remove the chance to get missiles procs from nt. That kills the cheese build without (harshly) nerfing nt in comparison to the alternatives, and that way they don't even have to touch quickening to keep it under control. Although balancing that out by reverting the nerf on missiles procs, especially for barrage. It's not like arcane's conserve phase is too strong.

On the topic of proc chance, I honestly never got why ae can proc missiles. I suppose it can technically help with switching off adds back to the boss, but it just feels strange having useless missile charges hanging around on trash. It seems like it would be more interesting for a talent to give missiles cleave or something.
    Last edited by whisperingsage; 2016-09-25 at 10:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explosion procing Missiles is from the era when Missiles were activated by any damaging spell cast (including fire blast, blizzard, frostbolt, etc.)

It's current use is that you have something to do while repositioning (not counting Ice Floes cast on movement, blink etc.) that can help you continue dps or switch to a priority target. The cleave idea is good.
    My magic will tear you apart.

It's tricky, but it's definitely possible to keep it up for the whole Cenarius encounter too.

It looks fun but I think I'm gonna keep putting Artifact power in Fire. Seems like something Blizzard will nerf or fix in some way.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    It looks fun but I think I'm gonna keep putting Artifact power in Fire. Seems like something Blizzard will nerf or fix in some way.
    Im on the fence with what to do. Arcane sims insane with NT spam and is still ahead with its 'normal rotation'. Seems like you might as well go Arcane and take advantage of NT spam till its nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Arcane sims insane with NT spam and is still ahead with its 'normal rotation'. Seems like you might as well go Arcane and take advantage of NT spam till its nerfed.
    Because if a spec sims higher on Patchwerk it means it's better in raid environment?

Deleted
    little off topic, but did you cut the music in or what is it? is this from an addon?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillo View Post
    Because if a spec sims higher on Patchwerk it means it's better in raid environment?
    still sims higher than normal arcane, thats the thing

Deleted
    Do you put supernova in this nt rotation?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Mage

• Arcane
      • Quickening (Talent)’s maximum stacks are now 50, and it will not refresh its duration once at 50 stacks.

Finally dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Mage

• Arcane
      • Quickening (Talent)’s maximum stacks are now 50, and it will not refresh its duration once at 50 stacks.

Finally dead.
    RiP NT-Q Arcane.

RIP. Arcane should be fine though with the buffs it got.

It might be worth it to spam nether tempest to get to 50 though. If you can carry like 45 stacks into your second arcane power that's a lot of damage.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-09-27 at 02:26 AM.

Good fucking riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    RIP. Arcane should be fine though with the buffs it got.

It might be worth it to spam nether tempest to get to 50 though. If you can carry like 45 stacks into your second arcane power that's a lot of damage.
    you can't stack it forever. If you want to keep the buff, you have to stack it up. But if it reaches 50, it drops. So if you want to do that, you have to time it perfectly.