Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Your favorite part of the world?

I currently live in Sweden which is an ok country to live in. But there are not many beautiful things to behold here. The blondes are a myth btw.

Anyway, here are few of my favorite parts of the world:

Iceland - I love how clean this place is. I really have hard time comparing it to anything. I mean, just go look at a few photos of Iceland. This place is amazing.
    Middle East - Yes, it has issues, big issues, but THIS used to be a place of great human advancement. Instead of watching photos, go read a few historical books from middle east!
    Africa - This has a bit of both historical and landscape value to me. Besides, most women here have big boobs.

And last but not least:
    New Zealand - this is the country I want to move to. It's not too hot nor too cold, it's far away from everyone, it's all blue and green. The nature is a big deal here. It just seems like a very peaceful Place.

A few honorable mentions:
    Singapore - A place where cars are more expensive than appartments. Well almost. One huge city which is also a country. It just somehow reminds me of a sci-fi video game setting.
    Japan - Not really hyped about this country as many are, but it is different enough to warrant at least one visit.
    Hong Kong - I heard chinese know how to party in this metropolis
    USA - well, USA has it all. Cold weather, desert, lush forests, beautiful beaches, civilian killing cops, dragons... fun to visit, but not fun to live in unless you're dirty rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada
    2nd largest Country in the world.
    Highest quantity of fresh water per capita
    Amazing healthcare
    Safe
    Clean
    Diverse
    Charismatic, visionary leader
    Beautiful national parks
    3 Oceans
    U.S. easily accessible

Thailand -- I loved the gritty nature of Bangkok, street food, people everywhere, always something happening. Then quickly transitioning to being on a boat and having other boats come up to cook food for me. I wouldn't live there, but it's awesome.

India -- see Thailand, minus the boats, plus long road trips.

Switzerland -- Lac Léman (aka Lake Geneva) is beautiful. It's in striking range of the Jura mountains and Mont Blanc. The jazz festival is world famous. And it's a weekend trip to get to Paris or Florence and back. I lived just across the border in France for a while. Would live there again.

@Strawberry -- I would love to see Sweden or Norway, as that's my heritage. Haven't been yet. And New Zealand, also haven't been.

Less exotic (for me), I've lived in New York City (would again), New Orleans (might again), and in a few other US cities. Probably will just stay where I am right now.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Nagrand. I've always found the place really serene and tranquil. Especially the original Outland version , with them flying islands all around .

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mediterranean area; Greece, Italy, Spain mainly.

Best food on the planet, perfect weather, nice people, plenty of cultural offerings and gorgeous landscapes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Canada
    2nd largest Country in the world.
    Highest quantity of fresh water per capita
    Amazing healthcare
    Safe
    Clean
    Diverse
    Charismatic, visionary leader
    Beautiful national parks
    3 Oceans
    U.S. easily accessible
    whatever layer of hell melcanthet rules.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scandinavia, Switzerland, and Japan are the places that I would love to visit the most. Unlikely that any will happen in the foreseeable future though.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Scandinavia and Japan are two places that I would love to visit the most. Unlikely that either will happen in the foreseeable future though.

I've seen fares as low as 599$ from Toronto to Japan. It's not that unaffordable.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen fares as low as 599$ from Toronto to Japan. It's not that unaffordable.
    Plane tickets are cheap, everything else adds up quickly though. Not that I couldn't do it, would just rather put the money towards my student loan before going on vacation.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Where? All the fares I'm seeing are $1400 or more.

Oh yeah, OP: Vancouver, I have no specific reason, but I'd live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Middle East - Yes, it has issues, big issues, but THIS used to be a place of great human advancement. Instead of watching photos, go read a few historical books from middle east!
    Yeah, maybe it used to be. It isn't that anymore in todays world. Or well, maybe it's ok if you're a male, but do not belong to any minorities, like be gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Plane tickets are cheap, everything else adds up quickly though. Not that I couldn't do it, would just rather put the money towards my student loan before going on vacation.
    Yes, Japan is expensive. When I was there years ago, it was at least $15 per person for a simple lunch. I don't recall what the hotel cost. And this was in the 1990's

Deleted
    Europe. Everything about it is magnificent.

I like Northern Europe a lot due to the wonderful climate in particular. If global warming hits hard, I might have to buy a house somewhere in Norway though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Home. There's nothing like home. No matter how awesome I think a place is nothing beats being home.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Toronto and Brisbane were the cities I liked the most, and Australia, Japan and the US are the countries I like the most. I would go with Australia probably, truly a spectacular place. Might even move there eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

New York City.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rome. Just.. Yeah, Rome.

And New York for the more flashy stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to say the surface.
    It has all the stuff. Also no mole people or magma on a regular basis

Deleted
    Norway, further north the better. Gonna live there one day, I hope...

Yosemite Valley, it's a national park. It was created back in the old days so you can get there by road. There's a lot of people during the busy season.

More images here

https://www.google.com/search?q=yose...NAh9vKWGihM%3A

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland