Question Having trouble with my Blood DK this expansion.

So i've been tanking Mythic Dungeons for my guild lately and one thing i've started noticing is that my runes are taking forever to recharge. I mean as a blood DK we alrdy have so few things to do.

I mean we got Marrow Rend and of Course Death strike but in between that its mostly me watching my runes recharge and blood boiling / death and decaying whenever needed. My question is, how much haste should I be aiming for as a blood dk to prevent this. I have no problem staying alive in mythic dungeons but its the sheer boredom of doing them as a blood dk thats putting me off. Anyone else got this problem?

You want max haste rolls on every item followed by crit. Even at 30% haste like I have on my alt dk before BS you still want more and more never feels enough.

Hmm, I actually feel like the only thing that is holding me back int hat regard is runic power generation. I think of blood boil as snap aoe aggro on pull and then as filler when I don't have something else to do. I generally try to keep my boneshield stacks high though so I have the bonus health and DS cost reduction at all times. On single target when I don't have to keep boneshield up as aggressively I have heart strike generating tons of RP so I actually feel fine.

I really always feel like I have something to do, I just wish I had an o shit button to press.
    I run the 2 1 1 2 1 3 3 talent setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want as much haste as you can find. I never seem to find enough, though I got lucky with two 830 str/haste trinkets. I'm still waiting for Mythic Eye to drop me my 1.2k haste ring

In short, make sure BS is up at all times for the 10% haste buff and just...get more haste. Haste haste haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even at 20% haste (using crit heavy Frost gear, i.e. 32% crit) I feel fine in Mythic 5 mans. Just make sure you don't hit DS whenever you can, and instead save it for at least you being below 90% HP, or before or after big hits.

That being said, first week when I wasn't 848 and only had 12% haste, M Smashspite was wrecking my shit. In retrospect that was probably l2p though - I was wasting a lot of DS's back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Even at 20% haste (using crit heavy Frost gear, i.e. 32% crit) I feel fine in Mythic 5 mans. Just make sure you don't hit DS whenever you can, and instead save it for at least you being below 90% HP, or before or after big hits.

That being said, first week when I wasn't 848 and only had 12% haste, M Smashspite was wrecking my shit. In retrospect that was probably l2p though - I was wasting a lot of DS's back then.
    Pretty much this, DS is not something you spam mindlessly you have to learn to use it after big hits to make the most out of it.

I Tanked all mythic dungeons, tank being my off-spec in 810-830 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Pretty much this, DS is not something you spam mindlessly you have to learn to use it after big hits to make the most out of it.

I Tanked all mythic dungeons, tank being my off-spec in 810-830 gear.
    If you're new to Death Knight tanking or just want an easy way to game the Death Strike system i'd highly suggest checking out Red's WA setup.