Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    There's this thing that developers do when customers aren;t buying their product. They either

(1) accept they designed a product people don't want, survey the customers, then release a new product based on that

or

(2) complain that the customers simply fail to appreciate the perfectly designed product, and keep on pushing it to the shelves

I used ot work in an IT company.One of th eprogrammers there wouldproduce beautiful, elegant code but sadly the programs often didn't do what the users wanted. He'd reject all thje complaints and viewed them as personal attacks, defending the software to the end, saying th eproblem wans;t th eprogram but the users who didn;t appreciate the work that had gone into them.

The bizzare thing is that alot of things people like , or should i rather say, were comfortable with before (godlike tank self healing, starfall, disc, SEF, shadow priests etc) had their hearts ripped out on the altar of class fantasy BUT i'd say overall 90% of the classes that got radical changes are better for it now or at least more fun to play, i know alot of old guard rogues "Preached" (get it?) doom and gloom but i went from not touching my rogue to loving the redesign...

Gues who the other 10% are? yep, locks.... i'd get not pushing good numbers (tho it's KINDA stupid for a class that can't do anything else but dps, rogues hunters and mages don't have this problem) BUT IT'S NOT EVEN FUN TO PLAY. Demo is halfway decent tho , again old Demo felt better, but even with the fun aspect it's also the most complex of the 3 specs and will leave you doing tank damage or less if missplayed.... "We don't want external addons to feel necesary for you to perform" right... let's just lump that in with "we'd rather double down on a class's strenght's than buff it's weaknesses".

50 People in my guild signd up to raid tonight. Only two of us are warlocks. Honestly, i kinda like it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendawgg View Post
    50 People in my guild signd up to raid tonight. Only two of us are warlocks. Honestly, i kinda like it like that.
    I am the only one in mine out of the possible 30 people (I am a main, so I am in). It's a good feeling. The cowards who cant handle the class flee letting us show case just how damn good things can be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmon83 View Post
    I am the only one in mine out of the possible 30 people (I am a main, so I am in). It's a good feeling. The cowards who cant handle the class flee letting us show case just how damn good things can be.
    Are you demonology with >30% haste? Because if not, I'm not sure you are going to show anyone how damn good things can be :P

Deleted
    I've played a decent amount of destro since wrath and every expansion since and I could feel something amiss this time before these forums confirmed I wasnt the only one. Even Cata (destro was pretty bad) was more fun than this, they've trimmed way too much out, I think in a year or so this will be acknowledged as the expansion where they oversimplified some areas which is a shame as artifacts are great overall. Destro is just a bit boring really, having a ton of previous abilities pruned then given back as talents is just a bit of a slap in the face, especially backdraft. Might try the hot mess of destro just to spice things up. SO gaddamn annoying as MoP/WoD had it more or less nailed. Fortunately playing a lot of ele shaman has hardened me to the experience of being shafted every expansion (enhance main this expac.)

This is why melee stick to warlocks when they see them, like trying to catch a rare pokemon with their artifact pokeballs.

But seriously though, warlock's population and representation isn't always on top, always in the middle or upper lower bracket, but the gap between us and the least played class (monk) is a bit alarming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimejii View Post
    Do 845+ and see how different your results will be. Not everyone can be 850+ because that heavily relies on RNG.
    Yup or even 835+. The numbers you found just shows the amount of raiders / other dedicated players, and not the casual who will be running LFR.
    The amount of people playing warlock goes up and down. When warlocks are broken overpowered everyone play them- they are literally everywhere. But now we got DH and I know for sure that a lot of people wanted to play that class. That is where all the locks went.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Yup or even 835+. The numbers you found just shows the amount of raiders / other dedicated players, and not the casual who will be running LFR.
    The amount of people playing warlock goes up and down. When warlocks are broken overpowered everyone play them- they are literally everywhere. But now we got DH and I know for sure that a lot of people wanted to play that class. That is where all the locks went.
    Theres no data on wowprogress below top 50000 players (848ish ilvl), it just says n/a after that

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Warlocks were always underrepresented, this isnt new.

I mean look at the history of the class, as much as i can recall you bounce between "Either too complicated" to "dear god this is boring!" playstyles.

That turns most casuals off.
    Dude I agree, so far everyone crying about warlocks are just ship jumpers who came to warlock for the OPness at the end of WoD. Then when they were told destro was best, they went to it. Now that (from my exp in raids so far) destro is falling way behind demo. And now all they can do is complain how bad warlocks are. I am top 1-2-3 every fight in my guild. People just need to learn the class better and stop complaining.
    Thunder. Thunder. Thunder cats gooooooooooo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendawgg View Post
    I'm the only active warlock left in my guild. The others left and/or rerolled mage (and the guy who rerolled mage said he'd never go back to lock in a million years, because his mage is actually fun to play, delivers actual damage and has all the tools you need for dungeons and raids)

Our raid signups for tonight, w ehave multiples of every class, even traditionally lowpop ones like monk. But only one warlock...me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slure View Post
    Dude I agree, so far everyone crying about warlocks are just ship jumpers who came to warlock for the OPness at the end of WoD. Then when they were told destro was best, they went to it. Now that (from my exp in raids so far) destro is falling way behind demo. And now all they can do is complain how bad warlocks are. I am top 1-2-3 every fight in my guild. People just need to learn the class better and stop complaining.
    It's funny how other classes don't seem to have this issue, are you suggesting that those who play warlocks are in some way uniquely bad? Warlock wasn;tOP at the end of WOD, it was good, but not enough to make people switch from a mage or hunter or whatever.

Just checked warcraftlogs, on every fight, top 1 warlocks dps is 40-80% lower than the top 1 among all classes. On most fights top 1 warlock is the current top ilvl warlock on wowprogress, with ilvl 858, demonology, with BIS legendary, trinkets and stuff. Like, if top warlock dps is 260k, top 1 dps is 370k

Not saying warlocks are popular but there are people who do armor type runs to trade gear they don't need and since there isn't any cloth user tank in game, there aren't many cloth runs.
    And I'm talking about pugs which form a pretty huge percentage of player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Not saying warlocks are popular but there are people who do armor type runs to trade gear they don't need and since there isn't any cloth user tank in game, there aren't many cloth runs.
    And I'm talking about pugs which form a pretty huge percentage of player base.
    Hoooooly fuck O_o yeah 854 lock 260k dps, 849 Arm warr 370k.... and thats in our best possible dps spec to.... it's fine tho, we're tanky! *snipwrists*

Gonna make a little bit of an update.
    So, after the first week of raids\mythic+, this is the top 1000 (approx. ilvl 862.4+):

DH - 11%
    paladin - 9.5%
    rogues - 8%
    druids - 11.4%
    warriors - 7.3%
    hunters - 17.6% wtf lol
    mages - 6%
    priests - 4%
    DK - 11.2%
    shaman - 7.9%
    monks - 4.5%
    warlocks - 2.7%

And the top 10000 (approx. ilvl 857.5+):

DH - 11.6%
    paladin - 9.2%
    rogues - 7.6%
    druids - 13%
    warriors - 7.5%
    hunters - 11.3%
    mages - 6%
    priests - 6.3%
    DK - 9.6%
    shaman - 8.9%
    monks - 5.6%
    warlocks - 3.5%

That number of hunters in top 1000

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus1 View Post
    First of all, this isnt a doom thread, just my observations.

I checked some wowprogress numbers, statistics of a number of players on a certain class within the top 10000 players of itemlvl (850.5+ approx.)
    So here it is (numbers may be a liiiiittle bit uunacurate, but youll see the picture) :

DH - 15.5%
    paladins - 8.2%
    rogues - 9.1%
    druids - 11.6%
    warriors - 8.6%
    hunters - 8.5%
    mages - 6.8%
    priests - 6.6%
    DK - 8.6%
    shamans - 6.9%
    monks - 5.8%
    warlocks - 2.8%

I took the numbers a couple days ago, they can differ a little now. I just wanted to post this here and hear your opinions guys
    Adding this here for comparing