Deleted

need some help losing my hopes with shaman

so im playing enhancer for world quests etc but my main focus is pvp resto. last time i played was during wotlk so im chain queing skirmish and bgs do get a feeling for resto again.

but as soon as "insert melee" cleave combo is on the other team i cant do jackshit im dead in 2seconds. Usually i start with earthshield on me, pop trinket+spirit link then stuntotem+ascendence+healing tide totem and then try to get a heal off. this results in me being dead usually around popping stuntotem they just train me through spiritlink.

i dont have any hopes for pvp so far and thats mainly why i came back to wow.

are there any tips to survive nowadays? am i doing something wrong?

tldr: How to survive opener burst from melee as Resto in PvP.

Do you have counterstrike totem yet?

Deleted
    yes but that doesnt helps me with getting instakilled

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its important to note that you surviving openers isnt entirely up to just you. Many, many healers will not survive burst windows without proper peel, CDs and utility from their partners. Your team needs to be helping you as well.

Deleted
    Unfortunately, that's how most PvP is currently. All you can do is get multiple healers to heal through the initial burst and then out pace them afterward (easier said than done though)

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP is basically a shitfest. Sorry man.

Deleted
    yeah u need help with peels. We will always be trained and have always been the healer who is. Positioning is the most important thing. Use the pillars and everything u can to get melees away from you. But maybe you should try another comp if you dont get the help u need.
    Calming waters really help here, so does counterstrike. But when u drop counterstrike on double melee drop it so they have to move or make an effort to kill it, you still have a 20y range on it. dont drop it so they can just tab kill it.

Deleted
    the problem is if im using a gcd to not heal/use big cds im basically dead

15+ Year Old Account
    well i don't think its just healer shaman problem but overall healers are hited by legion changes, burst is currently insane especially for most of melee classes, and healing is pretty weak you cant restore 50% hp with 1 cast anymore so 2 stuns 2 interrupts and healer is dead
    to be fair i assume the dmg in pvp will be reduced a lot soon that should give healers a bit more force

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"