Help me pick a monitor please!

So I am trying to decide between monitors right now. I don't really think I need a 144hz because I'm not playing fps at ultra high levels. I mostly just play wow stuff, so a 60 fps monitor is probably OK. Should I get an IPS monitor? Can someone link me some good monitors cuz I know pretty much nothing here... I'd like to keep it under $300 but i'd consider going over if necessary.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...=300&x=13&y=10

Easy to search amazon with what you want (IPS, under $300)

If you're asking for opinion, I'd definitely recommend a decent 144hz monitor for gaming (any games, not just fps, higher refresh rate makes everything look super smooth) and an IPS panel for movies/shows/twitch/etc

Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...=300&x=13&y=10

Easy to search amazon with what you want (IPS, under $300)

If you're asking for opinion, I'd definitely recommend a decent 144hz monitor for gaming (any games, not just fps, higher refresh rate makes everything look super smooth) and an IPS panel for movies/shows/twitch/etc
    What I was reading was basically that you sacrifice color quality for refresh rate though right? I won't be doing dual monitors so I'm looking for something well balanced. I'm looking for some recommendations really cuz I see tons of them and I'm reading the specs but don't really understand them.

Deleted
    Then get a 60Hz, 1ms IPS Monitor...

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    What I was reading was basically that you sacrifice color quality for refresh rate though right? I won't be doing dual monitors so I'm looking for something well balanced. I'm looking for some recommendations really cuz I see tons of them and I'm reading the specs but don't really understand them.
    Well yeah sort of unless you want to spend 800€. 144Hz Screens are mostly TN, because a IPS 144Hz is extremly expensive. But I use a 144Hz GSYNC TN Panel as my MainScreen for Gaming and a 2nd IPS 60Hz Screen I'm looking at right now and there is no real difference in Color Quality, its mostly the Viewing Angle that is annoying with the TN Panel.
    Last edited by mmocff14f75de7; 2016-09-18 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    It's not very noticeable. I have an IPS and TN panel next to each other and the IPS is clearly better to look at but when I'm just tunneling on my 144hz I don't really care about color quality because it looks fine. Also, the refresh rate makes it extremely easy on my eyes...if you have the computer to get the high fps for it.
    Last edited by F1reheart; 2016-09-18 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    If you play a lot of games where reaction time is key make sure you look at the response time of the screen. WQHD screens are fairly cheap, look good, and give a better FOV than standard resolutions.