Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Legion levelling is disappointingly slow

The current levelling speed in Legion content is a way too slow. Here's some tabs:
    1:55, 2:20, 3:30, 2:30, 2:05, 2:10, total 14:30 for 6 levels, 2:25 per level.

It takes more than a week of everyday play to just get a character to the level 110. Totally unacceptable.

Update: and the next level is 3:40.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-09-20 at 02:17 AM.

Deleted
    Then you are probably doing something wrong. From 106 to 110 I was keeping time and did every level in less than 1 hour.

Got there on launch day, It felt like a good pace. 15 hours for the 10 levels. Not too bad.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The current levelling speed in Legion content is a way too slow. Here's some tabs:

It takes more than a week of everyday play to just get a character to the level 110. Totally unacceptable.
    Too bad so sad

What are you talking about? I reached 110 the day after it released.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Don't rush through levelling as the game at 110 is a boring repetitive grindy piece of shit. Levelling is the best part so enjoy it.

The leveling is boring as fuck, but if you're doing it with a plan (i.e. not just doing quests at random, but trying to maximize your quests/hour), you should be seeing about 1 level per hour from 100 to 110. That includes things such as skipping every cinematic, not paying attention to any detail, finishing quests with regards to proximity, skipping quests with bad placement, etc.

It is quite slower than before, though. Hell, even though we require more exp now, you still get LESS exp than you did in Draenor. And the quests themselves are a lot more tiresome as well.

Just level a single toon to 110 and never level anything else, that should make things more bearable.

I think I leveled in about 12 hours total, if anything it feels faster than usual.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like leveling slowly.

My most advanced character is still only 106, and I have three others at 106, 105, and 104. This pace suits me fine.

Sorry you're not enjoying the speed, but as others have stated, it's quite possible for you to go faster if that's what's important to you.

I bet you'd be absolutely shitting yourself if you knew what the leveling experience from 1 - 60 was in Vanilla, heck even the 60-70 grind in BC.

I've managed under 50 minutes per level on alts.

Took me less than 10 hours my first character. Just because you're bad doesn't mean the system is broken.

Deleted
    Its not that long, but what is obnoxious is how they force you to do the quests in every zone in order to level up. The XP granted in dungeons (besides the quest dungeon) and pvp is ridiculously low.

I get they want quests to be the main path for xp but just don't make everything else worthless, Blizzard always have this habit of taking players by the hand and guiding them on the theme parc linear progression system they want, let players have some freedom, its no big deal,we are not total idiots.

Sucks to suck? Did 100-110 on my first char in about 11 hours. Next char 100-110 took about 7-8 after knowing the zones and pathing better. Not sure what you're doing wrong, but if leveling is taking you that long and you're complaining about it, you are DEFINITELY doing something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

Both my 110s (prot warrior, BM hunter) took less than 15 hours played each. And that was going out of my way to explore and find treasures/rares.

Maybe you're the problem?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I think you are just disappointingly bad.
    The first time I ever did it on the beta it took me 20 hours on a premade Vengeance Demon Hunter the day the beta launched.
    The next two times I leveled, it was Prot warrior and Brewmaster premade and they took me 15 hours each. I cut at least 4 hours off just from learning the quests.
    On the beta, I leveled my 745 main as HOLY and it took me 10 hours.

On live, I leveled with a friend of mine who had not played since MoP and was in no way prepared for anything we did and it took us 14 hours.

If its taking you over 2 hours a level you should take a personal inventory and ask yourself why you aren't learning from your mistakes.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

You are doing something horribly wrong. I leveled in about 10-12 hours.

Deleted
    And of course most people just rush all the quests without reading anything: lets take 5 quests here, brainleslly blitz through them because 99% quests don't require any though whatsoever, except the only original quest in Azuna with the mage academy and the running around circular runes thing.

I mean yeah questing is not long, but its still a pointless exercise as long as they don't make them anything more than hack n slash type "kill this, kill that elite, take this item, talk to this random dude,use these bombs". You don't have a choice in any quest, you are just doing the usual on-rails-braindead stuff that is called "questing" in MMOs

Oh noes, its almost as if leveling is part of the game, not part of the login process
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I got to level 110 on the 1/9/2016 having completed Azsuna/Hightmountain/Val'shara, order hall quests and one single dungeon.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ment#92:a10671

Think it took me longer to level in WoD, even without the broken servers at launch.