Leech stat weight/value?

Hello everyone,

Quick question-- How does leech stack up compared to our secondary stats? Most sites I look at only give weights of the main secondaries and do not include leech...

I have a difficult time deciphering exactly how much value it is adding to my tanking overall. I have 4 pieces that i got lucky and rolled it (8% overall leech), but I also have a couple different pieces that are the same ilvl that have a socket... how does a socket (i.e. 150 extra haste) compare to ~450 leech?

Any clarity on leech's value in general would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Deleted
    Because Leech does not do dmg... Why would it weigh at all to our secondary stats when leech is tertiary stat with no impact on dps at all.

EDIT:

This tertiary stat does not really compare to secondaries. It also cannot be consistently acquired. Thus it's at best a bonus and not something you really go out o your way to get. DK has already a lot of healing. Avoidance would be preferable.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-09-20 at 08:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Because Leech does not do dmg... Why would it weigh at all to our secondary stats when leech is tertiary stat with no impact on dps at all.
    Reading comprehension is hard. "How much value it is adding to my tanking overall".
    It doesn't have dps weight, but it certainly has tanking value.

Deleted
    But it potentially gives you more survivability = less strain on the healers. If you're dead you ain't dealing damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Reading comprehension is hard. "How much value it is adding to my tanking overall".
    It doesn't have dps weight, but it certainly has tanking value.
    Point stands that this tertiary stat does not really compare to secondaries. It also cannot be consistently acquired. Thus it's at best a bonus and not something you really go out o your way to get. DK has already a lot of healing. Avoidance would be preferable.

PS

Your post would be worth more without your jackass attitude.

Deleted
    The value of leech is dependent on your DPS. You'd basically get leech% of DPS as healing done to you. Just go do a dungeon and check how much healing you get out of it on a big pull when you're pulling big DPS numbers. Even then it'll end up being a negligible amount most likely.

Leech is pretty damn awesome for a tank.

Deleted

EDIT:

This tertiary stat does not really compare to secondaries. It also cannot be consistently acquired. Thus it's at best a bonus and not something you really go out o your way to get. DK has already a lot of healing. Avoidance would be preferable.
    Just stop...

OP: think I saw a stat priority that included leech fairly recently, maybe askmmrbot? Although personally I find it too inconsistent, I'd say that comparing 150 haste to 450 leech that the leech wins comfortably, but I could be wrong, if you have 8% leech from those 4 items alone I think that's pretty valuable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    Just stop...

OP: think I saw a stat priority that included leech fairly recently, maybe askmmrbot? Although personally I find it too inconsistent, I'd say that comparing 150 haste to 450 leech that the leech wins comfortably, but I could be wrong, if you have 8% leech from those 4 items alone I think that's pretty valuable.
    lol "just stop"

No, it's not really that great. As DK you already have a lot of healing and leech thus DR pretty much kicks in to its effectiveness. It's not rocket science you know.
    Single trait gives your HS 25% leech and another gives 25% leech with Shield from DS which vanishes quickly but it's still there. Not to mention 100% dmg done by Blood Plague heals you anyways.

When I make on some fights in mythics 200k HPS then that 8% leech wouldn't be much (it's not 8% of this 200k because most of it comes from DS scaling and not dmg)

8% is nothing.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-09-21 at 07:03 AM.