7+ Year Old Account

Comfortable Destro Stats?

What is a good stat range for destro?

Currently, at 847 gear I have 18% crit, 13% haste, 88% mastery, and 3% versa.

I feel like my mastery is waay to high, but it feels like every piece of gear has mastery on it. I feel like I want like 25% crit and maybe 20% haste at least...

Any pointers? I can manage easily satisfactory DPS, but I want to get higher numbers if I can help it.

Im on 845 gear atm, and i have about 27% haste unbuffed.
    Your definitely have way to much mastery

If you can afford it crafted upgraded items are really good. Especially if you can get ...of the Impatient or high haste ...of the Fireflash. I have 27% haste (though have 2 minor haste enchants and 1 gem in place) and 62% mastery at 845 but will probably upgrade another piece tomorrow. In the not too distant future I will probably need to stop hard haste stacking in favour of some other stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO 25-30% haste is the place where you should slow down with haste and focus on other stats, otherwise you will end up with tons of shards and fast spells that do too little damage and this will hurt burst.

Deleted
    27/28% haste (around 9k, which seems a good cap to target)
    Still need to get the shitty mastery lower for crit (I'd like to transfer around 1k or 1k5 from one to the other) to get to 21 ou 22% crit.

Could be done without needing major ilvl upgrade, and I think this would be a very acceptable stat balance level.

844 ilvl gear 30% haste 24% crit 39% mastery. It's hard to keep 200k dps on raid dummy.

Deleted
    ilvl 849

unbuffed

23% crit 25% haste 55% mastery 2% vers. 4% movement speed. 3% leech

can get about 220K-240K on single target, but I am also a pretty good player (low latency and stable 60fps on SSD on my PC). If the fight lasts very long the dps might drop a bit, because without the legendary belt for destro you don't generate enough shards and end up spamming incinerate.
    With the legendary belt I would probably be able to push up to 300K single target. It is simply too good

10+ Year Old Account
    You overestimate the belt quite a bit, it's definitely nice but it's not like ooo00o0o0oOOoo0oooOO as you suggest, if you do 240k DPS without it, you would do 270k with it. The bonus itself is about 8-10% boost at best, very nice, but not like whole new Destruction.

My stats off the top of my hat are ilvl 856 with 29% haste, 26% crit, 47% mastery and 2% vers + Feretory of Souls... I can push about 270-290k single target over reasonable length of time, if it's some 50 seconds boss, it can be 350k+.

If it's some cleave heavy fight - I am a god really, did not see anyone touch me there unless it is also AoE heavy, in which case it depends on whether it is burst AoE or sustained, with sustained Cata's free immo spread + stacked RoFs are pretty good tier A sustained AoE. If it's burst - then I am usually outclasses by Monks/DHs and some others with strong AoE burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You overestimate the belt quite a bit, it's definitely nice but it's not like ooo00o0o0oOOoo0oooOO as you suggest, if you do 240k DPS without it, you would do 270k with it. The bonus itself is about 8-10% boost at best, very nice, but not like whole new Destruction.

My stats off the top of my hat are ilvl 856 with 29% haste, 26% crit, 47% mastery and 2% vers + Feretory of Souls... I can push about 270-290k single target over reasonable length of time, if it's some 50 seconds boss, it can be 350k+.

If it's some cleave heavy fight - I am a god really, did not see anyone touch me there unless it is also AoE heavy, in which case it depends on whether it is burst AoE or sustained, with sustained Cata's free immo spread + stacked RoFs are pretty good tier A sustained AoE. If it's burst - then I am usually outclasses by Monks/DHs and some others with strong AoE burst.
    Can you throw up a video on youtube or twitch showing your rotation, stats, artifact, because you are doing something different than me or any twitch stream I have watched of warlocks and could probably help out a whole lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe tomorrow, today I need some extra time at work. Tomorrow I'll be back earlier due to raids opening (omgomg) so maybe will have time to do it, unless we do the usual official unofficial normal raid before raid time.

But honestly, don't think there is anything special. Pace Eradication, abuse Havoc and use Rifts at the right moment.

At my gear level good results are guaranteed unless really hostile conditions like pulling half dungeon with 2 monks, where you are as harmless as a kitten most of the time.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-09-20 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    At what point should I stop stacking Haste? I've been told to re-roll Lock for raiding and Lock is currently 833 and have 10% crit 35 % haste and 51% mastery - judging by everyone else in this thread they are trying to balance out more between Haste/Crit rather than stacking haste - is this optimal or have you just been unlucky in crafting pure haste gear? Would like to know before I 7/7 all my pure haste gear.

But honestly, don't think there is anything special. Pace Eradication, abuse Havoc and use Rifts at the right moment.
    This might be a stupid question, but Rift is one of those things I don't know when to properly use. As of now I've been using them as a movement ability, sitting on 2 charges for when I need them. As far as I know, they aren't boosted by any of our mechanics outside of trinket procs etc, so there isn't an optimal time to off-load them all like CBs of times past.

Am I right to be using them as a movement instant cast while ensuring they don't cap on charges? I shouldn't spam all 3 during opener, should I? Thanks Gaidax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rifts are boosted by things like Bloodlust (at least 2 of 3), then they are of course boosted by temporary encounter-based buffs you get/debuffs boss gets (like Odyn buff or Ash'golm frozen debuff, for example). So the best time to use them is when Bloodlust is popped OR special encounter mechanics occurs when you damage is increased or target damage taken is increased.

Then you indeed can keep them to gap movement like at Dresaron and of course there is little sense to keep them if you know encounter will be over in one minute or so (like easy heroic dungeon boss and such).

Basically, you do need to make decision when it is best to use them - sometimes it is at the start, sometimes you wait until particular moment, sometimes you just keep yourself at 1/2 stacks to not cap and pop one each time when it makes sense.

After reading through this I feel better about my Warlock. I am sitting at 831, have not run a single heroic yet due to wanting to upgrade my gear, and have 25% crit and 27% haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    After reading through this I feel better about my Warlock. I am sitting at 831, have not run a single heroic yet due to wanting to upgrade my gear, and have 25% crit and 27% haste.
    ...do you mean mythic? Because heroics are geared for 810-825 and are ridiculously easy with all the 850 people still doing heroics for AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    ...do you mean mythic? Because heroics are geared for 810-825 and are ridiculously easy with all the 850 people still doing heroics for AP.
    I have not run a heroic yet actually. I have wanted to but have been unable to get anything worth a crap until the last three days.

I have been working on Loremaster and reputations via world quests.

Deleted

How do you keep your dps that high? I am ilvl 845 with 29% Haste and 22% crit (866 weapon) and I can maybe get to 170-180k over more than 3 minutes. Eventually I just run out of shards and end up doing nothin but spam incinerate until I get 2 shard +2conflag, which I them stagger to keep eradication up as long as possibble