Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Maybe its not aesthetically prettiest, but technically, hands down, best OH of all. Shortest walk for everything that we actually need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I actually like Acherus. Fuck me right?
    Acherus is the perfect Order Hall for Death Knights from a lore standpoint(it is a giant flying fortress that can move anywhere on the planet. They would be stupid to leave it in EPL), and with Death Gate having a one minute cooldown and landing us two feet from the portal to Dalaran Death Knights can port anywhere in the game at any time they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I'm assuming you are referring to the AP altar. It's more than 5 seconds. I can divine steed twice and still not make it. That's at least a good 7-8 seconds between the 3 second ability and it activating. It's probably 10-15 seconds. It's just that it's a minor annoyance for most.
    Why would you go into details and actually measure the seconds lol, you're wasting your time. I was simply making a point here. I don't care how much it took, it's not like it took an hour to get there, it's a small walk, stop whining about the little things. I'm glad I have this walk, I have the time to throw in 2-3 salutes to passing paladins. Plus you don't have to go there often so it's alriiiightt..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I mean it's pretty much an extended crypt, paladins and priests praying to monuments of dead Highlords and paladin heroes and to top it all there is an empty monument presumably for you...
    It's not so bad! A crypt is plenty welcome with plenty of raw materials to fight the legion! Specially if they're holy materials.

As for the dead highlords, if you want we can make you join them and make them walk again. You'll even get to play around in a flying necropolis! Might be a bit cramped.

Love and regards, Your friends at the Ebon Blade, a Scourge LKD subsidiary. Hope you suffer well!

Here's my little opinion on the whole "Class hall" thingy.

The first thing is, the quest that leads to the Light's Hope Chapel should have been a solo instanced scenario..
    I've got spoiled by a random yolo-mogged b-elf paladin who opened the secret entrance just 1sec before I could reach it.
    And it was very tough moment for me

I like the overall mood, the textures, the props, and all.
    But the "actual" Light's Hope Chapel, the "above-ground" I mean, is pretty cheap now.
    The difference of quality between the two parts kinda triggers me and I feel like they could have redesigned it too.

The altar part is very nice and should have been that "above-ground" redesigned part with a secret path to the "crypt part".
    So we could have a reduced time between the altar and the other features and a better interaction.

I also find it weird that this part has so much light coming from the stained glass while it's, not only underground, but under a mountain.
    It would have made more sense if that part was the actual Light's Hope Chapel.
    I know that for many reasons, like npc quests, it would have been tough to redesign the whole area. But still, it lacks a bit of outside.

I'm not a fan of being able to use Diving Steed inside a crypt.
    The shout of the horse sounds a bit like a banshee and it feels inappropriate, because it should be a silent and peaceful place.

I also find it weird that --Spoilers-- the Light's Hope Chapel is a step in the DK's scenario. They want to destroy it, and now I'm curious and I have to do it.
    On a side note, I don't understand why the Ebon Blade is accepting to obey the lich king again that easily.. And use pieces of Frostmourne. We know it can't end well
    --Spoilers off--
    Last edited by Helsinki; 2016-09-21 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helsinki View Post

I also find it weird that this part has so much light coming from the stained glass while it's, not only underground, but under a mountain.
    It would have made more sense if that part was the actual Light's Hope Chapel.
    I know that for many reasons, like npc quests, it would have been tough to redesign the whole area. But still, it lacks a bit of outside.
    The simplest way to explain it would be: it's magic. There's a lot of armor in the game that emits lots of light... Take the Lightbringer set, for instance. The pauldrons have shafts of light coming out of pure yellow energy, framed in metal. The Winged Triumph set is another good example. The helm and belt emit a pulsing light and the chest has a big slit coming down the front that "glows". My character definitely doesn't glow or emit pulsing lights when he's naked, other than his green eyes.

It's easy to imagine there's strong light magic infused in the basement of the chapel which illuminates the stained glass, the same way light magic is infused into armor and weapons.

Deleted
    It's not bad, I would just have prefered something like Hearthglen instead, or even better a Stronghold on the Broken Isles.

We're paladins, templars, and crusaders, holy warriors, and the righteous defenders of Azeroth.

We stem from many different orders but our objective is the same, to protect the innocent from evil.

So why are we hiding beneath a chapel at the arse end of nowhere?

Deleted
    warlock class hall has a fat lady swimming in soup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    So why are we hiding beneath a chapel at the arse end of nowhere?
    Well that chapel was for a long time one of the last rallying point against the darkness (read scourge). True it´s far of from any civilization but hey at least we have our peace and don´t reside in sewers.

Also there are no lore reasons to put our order hall on the broken isle. Contraire to our current location because:
    1. We are paladins and paladins were first founded in the eastern kingdoms so the roots are there
    2. our main job once we were done countering the beta DKs was fighting against the scourge which was located in the...? Eastern and western Plague Lands exactly
    3. the one who had our job previously was fond of that desolated place for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    warlock class hall has a fat lady swimming in soup.
    I knew your kind had some wired preferences...

you can be more specific if you want "fat permanently pregnant lady swimming in soup"

Deleted
    I just saw this thread on the front page, and asked myself afterwards why I did not care to see how the Paladin Class Hall looks like. I checked on YT for a couple of seconds, and I am now envious and sad.

See, as a Priest, and a European who loves the Medieval times, I had sincerely hoped for something of a Medieval church as our class hall. After all, we are the Priests, you are just the Knights... or something like that.

But, no. Instead of a church, we got a frikkin' spaceship. We got a spaceship, you got a church. What is that all about?

I think you should calm down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    Well that chapel was for a long time one of the last rallying point against the darkness (read scourge). True it´s far of from any civilization but hey at least we have our peace and don´t reside in sewers.

Also there are no lore reasons to put our order hall on the broken isle. Contraire to our current location because:
    1. We are paladins and paladins were first founded in the eastern kingdoms so the roots are there
    2. our main job once we were done countering the beta DKs was fighting against the scourge which was located in the...? Eastern and western Plague Lands exactly
    3. the one who had our job previously was fond of that desolated place for some reason.
    1. I don't see how the Order of the Silver Hand being founded in the Eastern Kingdoms stops us from establishing a foothold on the Broken Isles. Especially when it makes much more sense both strategically and thematically, how can we protect the innocent from a basement under a church?

2. Our main job once upon a time was fighting the Orcish Horde when they invaded Azeroth through the Dark Portal, but, times change, don't they? We have a different enemy now and now our main job is to deal with the Legion as showcased by Tirion Fordring attacking the Broken Shore with the Argent Crusade.

If Tirion didn't consider our main job to be combating the Legion, but instead the remaining Scourge, then why would he bring Argent Crusade forces to the Broken Shore in the first place?

3. Light's Hope lies on holy ground that's true, but even Fordring knew it was a better idea to set up his base of operations at Hearthglen.

The reason why our main base of operations lies under Light's Hope Chapel is purely sentimental and frankly quite dumb. It provides no strategic benefit aside from maybe protecting our major commanders and officers.

Don't get me wrong though, I love our order hall, I just think it could've been better.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2016-09-21 at 12:56 PM.

Deleted
    1. I don't see how the Order of the Silver Hand being founded in the Eastern Kingdoms stops us from establishing a foothold on the Broken Isles. Especially when it makes much more sense both strategically and thematically, how can we protect the innocent from a basement under a church?
    It makes sense to keep your base were you are the strongest. Ask the DKs they tried it and failed. We do have no connection to the broken isle, therefore no infrastructure on the isle, since our history took place in the eastern kingdoms. In order to have a easily defend able stronghold we would have had to either invest considerable amounts of resources or we would have had to live with buildings that looked night elf/ nightborn. -> not very paladiny.

2. Our main job once upon a time was fighting the Orcish Horde when they invaded Azeroth through the Dark Portal, but, times change, don't they? We have a different enemy now and now our main job is to deal with the Legion as showcased by Tirion Fordring attacking the Broken Shore with the Argent Crusade.
    True and false at the same time. Yes we fought the horde but our main purpose was to counter the first death nights made by nerzuhl and his followers. You saw one on in Black Temple if you need a reference.

If Tirion didn't consider our main job to be combating the Legion, but instead the remaining Scourge, then why would he bring Argent Crusade forces to the Broken Shore in the first place?
    there is a difference between having a HQ were you can defend it and deploying your troops especially if you join up with other forces.

3. Light's Hope lies on holy ground that's true, but even Fordring knew it was a better idea to set up his base of operations at Hearthglen.

The reason why our main base of operations lies under Light's Hope Chapel is purely sentimental and frankly quite dumb. It provides no strategic benefit aside from maybe protecting our major commanders and officers.
    Keeping your command structure intact with out the fear of infiltration is worth more than every beachhead. If you lose the later you can still come back but when you loose your HQ you are done for.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I mean it's pretty much an extended crypt, paladins and priests praying to monuments of dead Highlords and paladin heroes and to top it all there is an empty monument presumably for you...
    It's just you to be honest. Whole idea of the paladin is to protect, fight for others, even die if necessary. It's to stop whatever you're doing to put a blessing, to lay on hands and save someone. We're a support class.

It's not a crypt. It's a church. They're not monuments, they're inspiration, motivation, and goals. You pray for the Light (capital L so you think I'm a paladin nutjob) to grant you the tools like those great paladins had to protect, restore and avenge. If that's my spot, I'll wet my pants in happiness with the idea to stand side to side to other badass paladins while fulfilling my duties.

I absolutely love our order hall. Specially its consecrated location. Sent Arthas and the new "deathlords" running back to their dog houses. I love that you don't do anything in the great hall area. People shouldn't be allowed riding there, running or even wearing helmets but that would make most people mad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just chilling at the Maelstrom, no complaints for my class hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, its basically an extended crypt yeah lol.
    but, its under lights church
    That's my problem. Why are we hiding underground like rats when there's evil afoot?

Rogues hiding in underground places I understand, that kinda fits their theme, but the warriors of the twice darned Light hiding like a bunch of cowards? Seems a little awkward.