Thread: Chat addon help

Chat addon help

Hi all, I'm looking for an addon to block player chat while keeping npc rp. I've been reading some of the books, comics and want to revisit the world in game with fresh eyes and actually enjoy the lore. A lot of that is portrayed via dialogue not just quest text.

Just a side note I will be raiding when they launch, I have been doing mythics and I'm part of a guild. This is primarily for when I want to still play wow but at a much slower pace.

You don't need an addon for that. When you want to turn off player chat, just right click the General chat tab, select settings, and uncheck everything in the "Chat" and "Global Channels" sections. These settings just prevent these events from showing in your window, you won't leave any channels or guild or anything like that.

If you want to hide everything but NPC chat, including loot and yellow system messages, uncheck everything in "Other" except for "Creature Messages". Make sure all those creature boxes are checked, those are the NPC events.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    You don't need an addon for that. When you want to turn off player chat, just right click the General chat tab, select settings, and uncheck everything in the "Chat" and "Global Channels" sections. These settings just prevent these events from showing in your window, you won't leave any channels or guild or anything like that.

If you want to hide everything but NPC chat, including loot and yellow system messages, uncheck everything in "Other" except for "Creature Messages". Make sure all those creature boxes are checked, those are the NPC events.
    Thanks, will that also apply to the chat bubbles, I know you can disable all but what about player specific?

I don't believe there's any way to filter chat bubbles. They are all or none.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Thanks for the reply.