High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Best dungeon to start healing?

So levelled my druid to 110 (guardian) and have done no dungeons yet. Have only done 3 zones plus around 10 quests in Highmountain (killed every rare I came across), just started Suramar.

Want to now play resto, have done a little artifact catch-up etc.

Given that I haven't played resto since vanilla, (but have healed on priest and shaman), which of the dungeons is good for a resto druid to "cut his teeth on" so I can get the feel for it comfortably, only at around ilvl 790, though doubt that makes much difference?

Chose my druid as my good friend used to team with me on my warrior for PVP way back in vanilla, S1 and 2 and he made it look fun, so time for a new main, though "life" means I don't get enough time for raiding anymore.

Currently guildless, gquit due to the toxic attitude of "new management", so will be looking at dungeon finder I guess.

Just queue normals to be honest. The specific dungeon doesn't matter that much, the players you get paired with are a much much much more important factor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Just queue normals to be honest. The specific dungeon doesn't matter that much, the players you get paired with are a much much much more important factor.
    Do yourself a favor and ignore that advise. Normals are where you will find the worst groups.

If you have ok gear for heroics then healing heroics is no problem.

Dark Heart Thicket is easy to heal, the hardest part is the first trash and only when your group stands in stuff they should not stand in. Vault of the Wardens is easy to heal too.

Honestly though, none of the dungeons are really hard to heal.
    Violet Holt - use the triggers to kill legion squads if you struggle. Neltharions dont turn the rock mobs to the group and stun the scorpions in the end and disable the rockthrowers if you struggle etc

He has 790 gear though, he can't queue heroics (or reliably find heroic groups).

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Do yourself a favor and ignore that advise. Normals are where you will find the worst groups.

If you have ok gear for heroics then healing heroics is no problem.

Dark Heart Thicket is easy to heal, the hardest part is the first trash and only when your group stands in stuff they should not stand in. Vault of the Wardens is easy to heal too.

Honestly though, none of the dungeons are really hard to heal.
    Violet Holt - use the triggers to kill legion squads if you struggle. Neltharions dont turn the rock mobs to the group and stun the scorpions in the end and disable the rockthrowers if you struggle etc
    Do yourself a favor and ignore the advice of someone who didnt even bother reading your question, just spam normals and check the WQ to look for gear, i almost had no problems healing duns, aside from the ocassional "hey guys, check how many mobs i can pull away from the healer" and "hulk is green so this green stuff in the floor must be good right?", then again, i only healed so far, DK's, Warrs and DH, had yet to find a pala and monk
    Last edited by Leyre; 2016-09-20 at 02:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are able to heal Eye of Azshara you'll do fine in any other dungeon but like quizzlemanizzle said: they are very close when it comes to difficulty, I didn't even notice much of a difference between normal and heroic (was running with guildies who knew what to to through). Just quing random dungeon will also yield you some AP :3
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Doesn't matter, just go in there and throw out some HoTs.

My word of advice is to run Prosperity, Soul of the Forest, Germination, Stonebark. Overall i found this to be the best 5m spec. Unless you get a full melee group, then I run Spring Blossom.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the helpful answers all.

Will give it a go tonight.

Dark Heart Thicket is probably the easiest to heal.
    Halls of Valor or Black Rook Hold probably have the most to teach you. They have a very nice variety of healing situations.
    Last edited by Iry; 2016-09-20 at 02:53 PM.