Platforms: Xbox One, PC

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTSUgXkfooA

Developers: Playground Games

Publishers: Microsoft Game Studios

Reviews

AngryCentaurGaming - Jeremy Penter - Buy
    "An absolutely amazing title and worthy of classic status."
    AR12Gaming - Alan - 10 / 10
    Forza Horizon 3 delivers the ultimate car fantasy and festival experience, introduces innovative new features, and has listened to fans by returning some long missed ones. This is the Horizon game we’ve wanted, and developer Playground Games have delivered. Forza Horizon 3 is undoubtedly the ultimate celebration of cars, music, and freedom of the open road.
    Arcade Sushi - Luke Brown - 9.5 / 10.0
    Few games provide as liberating an experience as getting behind the wheel of an exotic car in Forza Horizon 3, tearing through the Australian outback, and chasing the pack in the hopes of being the first to cross that finish line.
    Attack of the Fanboy - Dean James - 4.5 / 5 stars
    The still relatively young Forza Horizon series has been consistently great across its first two entries and Forza Horizon 3 continues that impressive trend with distinctive driving physics that are better than ever and a robust campaign full of different events that takes players across Australia.
    CGMagazine - Mike Cosimano - 8 / 10.0
    Forza Horizon 3 is an invigorating open-world racer, although it may be a little too familiar to anyone who’s been down this road before.
    COGconnected - Alex Everatt - 95 / 100
    Gorgeous is the best way to describe Forza Horizon 3.
    Destructoid - Brett Makedonski - 9 / 10.0
    That's kind of where Forza Horizon*is at right now: It's a series that's consistently enjoyable on an every-other-year cycle. Playground Games' take on Australia falls right in line. It's not quite the leap that the franchise made from the original Horizon*to Horizon 2, but it's not on cruise control, either. There's enough variation here -- from the feel of cars to the game modes to the radio stations -- that this*is another excellent installment in an always-excellent series. And, since variation is a key reason for Horizon 3's success, well, Australia seems like it's probably the most perfectly appropriate setting.
    Digital Spy - Tom Regan - 5 / 5 stars
    Who knew Forza Horizon could get even better? Yet Playground Games has done it again. It's extremely hard to criticise Forza Horizon 3. Not only is it absolutely stunning, it's done a fantastic job of putting you at the centre of the racing in every way possible.
    Digital Trends - Phil Hornshaw - 4 / 5 stars
    Forza Horizon 3 gets the fun of driving, and everything from the DJs on the radio to the construction of the world is focused on the tone of having a really enjoyable time in a vehicle.
    DualShockers - Lou Contaldi - 9.5 / 10.0
    Forza Horizon 3*is an unstoppable force of adventure and fun. Throughout my hours and hours of gameplay, I explored desserts, beaches, and festive cities, demolished my fair-share of farms, and blasted Beethoven over the speaker system, all with a goofy smile on my face. This isn’t a game to be missed by Xbox One or PC players, regardless if you are new to the genre or a Motorsport pro. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to the Outback.
    Gadgets 360 - Pranay Parab - 9 / 10
    In so many ways this feels like a vastly improved and polished instalment in the Forza Horizon series. That makes us wonder where Microsoft will take this series after this. In the short term we can perhaps expect some expansion packs but what about the next instalment? Perhaps adding different kinds of vehicles and a different location will work, but the biggest challenge will be topping what's been achieved with Forza Horizon 3.
    Game Revolution - Nicholas Tan - 4 / 5 stars
    In the absence of other open-world racing series like Burnout Paradise and Test Drive Unlimited, the Forza Horizon series has steadily become a racing staple, and with Forza Horizon 3, it's now on cruise control. With a revised skill system, a wealth of racing content, and a co-operative campaign, you'll want to bend and curve around every corner in picturesque Australia landscape at least once, even if that's the only time.
    GameSpot - Miguel Concepcion - 9 / 10
    From brand-building to a relentless reward system, this fast and friendly driving adventure in Australia has it all.
    GamesRadar+ - Justin Towell - 4 / 5 stars
    A superbly-produced, feature-rich racing game. Too much of it may feel like busywork and filler, but few other racers are this slick or feature-packed, and it certainly has moments of magic.
    Gaming Nexus - Sean Cahill - 9 / 10.0
    Forza Horizon 3 brings an incredible diverse open world in the Australian Outback that begs to be discovered. With a great soundtrack, a plethora of vehicles to unlock, and plenty of challenges varying in difficulty, Horizon 3 proves to be a must buy for racing fans.
    GamingBolt - Ravi Sinha - 9 / 10.0
    Forza Horizon 3 is a compelling, all-round excellent racer that should appeal to both hardcore fans and first time players.
    GamingTrend - Ron Burke - 100 / 100
    Forza Horizon 3 feels familiar with its already-polished gameplay, but the new setting, cars, and incredible customization options opens the throttle on an already-fantastic platform. The team has built on an already stable platform, bringing entirely new ways to play. I struggled to find a single thing I didn’t love about Forza Horizon 3, and that’s a fantastic problem to have.
    God is a Geek - Gary Bailey - 9.5 / 10.0
    Forza Horizon 3 is close to racing perfection, with stunning visuals, great Drivatar AI and enough content to keep you busy for months.
    Hardcore Gamer - Adam Beck - 4.5 / 5.0
    Forza Horizon 3 retains everything we’ve come to love about the open world racer while incrementally improving upon its formula.
    High-Def Digest - Brian Hoss - 4.5 / 5 stars
    The worst thing about 'Forza Horizon 3' is that it may have stolen me away from the 'Forza Motorsport' series for good. There's an important freedom to be found in the Australian festival racing, and the land is a gorgeous one when alight or after the rain. For those of us on the HDR train, this is close to must-have demo material, but it's tremendous fun on top of that. Playing casually or with a crazed glint in my eye, 'Forza Horizon 3' is a fantastic playground.
    IBTimes UK - Edward Smith - 2 / 5 stars
    Massive, full and with a list of things to do which borders upon incessant, Forza Horizon 3 is a driving game both without direction and made by a studio seemingly – understandably – bored with cars. It isn't wholly different or worse than its predecessors, but after four years of these games, and with titles like DiRT Rally rediscovering the fundamental, basic thrills of racing simulations, Horizon 3 feels tired.
    IGN - Luke Reilly - 9.5 / 10.0
    Forza Horizon 3 is a masterclass in open-world racing and bigger and better than its excellent predecessor across the board. It looks fantastic, the car selection and customisation is second to none, and the size and variety of the sprawling Australian outback is magnificent. Above all, Horizon 3 never loses sight of the fact that tearing through postcard-perfect locations should be fun, and it puts the tools in our hands to keep it that way, always. This is the racing game I’ve been waiting for, and it's officially my favourite thing on four wheels. A fair dinkum triumph, mates.
    Lazygamer - Nick de Bruyne - 9.5 / 10.0
    Forza Horizon 3 is a truly astonishing game and one that should not only be classified as one of the best driving games available right now, but one of the best games available, period.
    Metro GameCentral - Mr Pinkerton - 9 / 10
    The best Forza Horizon so far, and thanks to its huge open world and infectious sense of fun one of the best arcade racers of the current gen.
    MonsterVine - Michael Elliott - 4.5 / 5.0
    Forza Horizon 3 is exactly what a sequel is supposed to be, and then some. A phenomenal follow-up to Forza Horizon 2 that takes what's best about the series and improves them. The visual are unmatched by anything else on Xbox, the multiplayer is seamless and extremely social ,and the community and customization features are extensive. Despite some potential server issues, Forza Horizon 3 is an extremely happy and expansive experience that has yet to get old.
    NZGamer - Tony Hsiang - 9.4 / 10.0
    An epic and gorgeous drive through Oz scenery, and the best driving game this year.
    Pennyworth Reviews - Nick de Bruyne - 5 / 5 stars
    Forza Horizon 3 is a truly astonishing game and one that should not only be classified as one of the best driving games available right now, but one of the best games available, period.
    Polygon - Colin Campbell - 8.5 / 10.0
    Forza 3 Horizon is as beautiful as it is engaging
    Post Arcade (National Post) - Chad Sapieha - 9 / 10.0
    Nearly boundless racing possibilities help keep Playground Games’ sandbox racer ahead of the pack
    SA Gamer - Dawid Venter - 9.4 / 10.0
    Forza Horizon 3 is the Godfather 2 of the series. It’s taken everything you loved about the first two games, added some 100s and 1000s sprinkles of pure magic, and you now have what is arguably one of the best racing games of all time. It’s for both the driving enthusiast and the clueless among us. Forza Horizon 3 is really for everyone. If you own an Xbox One or PC you owe it to yourself to be part of this vibrant festival celebration of automobile crack.
    Saving Content - Scott Ellison II - 5 / 5 stars
    Everything you can do in Forza Horizon 3 is vying for your attention: championships, showcase events, barn finds, and speed traps – you’ll be pulled in so many different directions that you won’t ever feel bored or left without a challenge. There’s hardly anything to actively dislike. Playground Games has made a powerfully social, comfortable, and exciting racer that never imposes anything but the freedom to do with what you want, at any speed you’re comfortable with.
    Shacknews - Daniel Perez - 9 / 10
    Forza Horizon 3 feels like the series grand crescendo as all of that work has lead up to the best Forza game I've ever played. I already was a big fan of the Forza series, but Forza Horizon 3 is beyond anything I could have ever imagined for the series and I can’t wait to discover more of its beautiful world.
    Super Joystick - Bobby - undefined
    Forza Horizon 3’s best moments come up when you least expect it, but when you are driving a warthog in the middle of the night through the outback listening to Horizon Pulse. It just clicks. I’ve played quite a few racing games for the past few years. Never have I played one that I have enjoyed as much as this one. Is riding a Warthog through someone’s trash silly? Yeah it is, but it sure as hell is fun to do.
    The Outerhaven Productions - Keith Mitchell - 5 / 5 stars
    I have to hand it to Playground Games. They took everything that made Forza Horizon 2 great and refined it. There's basically nothing in Forza Horizon 3 that doesn't say perfection. From the moment you press start, the game throws everything it has at you, from flawless execution on or off the track, its presentation, and fun online session / matchmaking. This is, at least for the time being, the pinnacle of racing games for the Xbox One. Forza Horizon 3 has my vote as Game of the Year and if not that, easily the best title on the Xbox One by far.
    TrueAchievements - Dave Horobin - 5 / 5 stars
    Quite simply, Forza Horizon 3 is the pinnacle of open-world racers available on the Xbox One.
    TrustedReviews - Ced Yuen - 5 / 5 stars
    Factor in the layers of car fan service, the immense detail at every level, and Forza Horizon 3 is the complete package.
    Twinfinite - Ishmael Romero - 5 / 5.0
    All in all, Forza Horizon 3 is a truly great racing experience. The fact that the developers were able to combine their premier arcade racing with a new layer of depth and control is something definitely of note.
    USgamer - Jaz Rignall - 5 / 5 stars
    Bigger and better than its predecessor in every way, Forza Horizon 3 features a beautiful, incredibly diverse landscape, an impressive roster of over 350 meticulously-detailed cars, and an absolute ton of driving activities and challenges. Forza Horizon 3 is without doubt the finest arcade racer yet seen, and it looks set to become one of this generation's greatest games.
    VGChartz - Daniel Carreras - No Verdict
    Forza Horizon 3 truly tries its best to be all you could possibly want from an open world racing game and has easily surpassed its predecessors in almost every way. In the 10 years since Test Drive Unlimited changed the racing genre for the better, I finally feel like I've played its spiritual successor, and it was certainly worth the wait.
    VideoGamer - Tom Orry - No Verdict
    Forza Horizon 3 is a beautiful, immensely entertaining, joyous arcade racer that successfully builds on Playground Games' already tremendous formula.
    We Got This Covered - Tyler Treese - 3.5 / 5 stars
    Forza Horizon 3 doesn't bring much new to the table, and it feels like I've now played the same game three times over. It's still good, and fun for newcomers, but it's definitely at the point of diminishing returns. Throw in a myriad of technical issues, and it's ultimately a disappointing sequel.
    Xbox Achievements - Richard Walker - 89%
    Forza Horizon 3 is another stellar open world racing game that has a plethora of things to see and do. Some of it can get somewhat repetitive during prolonged sessions, but Playground Games has really gone to town in packing the game with a variety of events and some great online activities to keep you hooked. Hit the gas and set off on an Aussie racing odyssey. You won't regret it.
    ZTGD - Ken McKown - 10 / 10.0
    Forza Horizon 3 is one of the best racing games I have ever played, and somehow continues to prove that this series just keeps getting better. How Playground Games continues to make what already feels like the definitive arcade racing experience even better is beyond my comprehension. If you have any interest in racing games at all, this is a can’t miss title. Now if you will excuse me, I have some bucket list challenges to create.
    Last edited by Blacksen; 2016-09-20 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Preordered. Hopefully, it's not too good; I don't wanna be tempted to spend 350€ on a fricking toy wheel...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Preordered. Hopefully, it's not too good; I don't wanna be tempted to spend 350€ on a fricking toy wheel...
    To be fair, this is an arcade racer, a wheel never did arcade racers any good.

That said, i'm waiting on the demo for PC to make a purchase. From what i've heard it does sound good though.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even remember the last time a racing game got GOTY awards, if ever. Maybe Gran Turismo in the PS1/PS2 era?

Forza Horizon 2 was amazing. When I heard about this I pre-ordered the Ultimate edition. Can't wait to spend hundreds of hours playing this installment.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

They fuckin deserve it. Nobody is doing racing games better this generation. Really awesome games. I had no problem buying the ultimate edition and I can't wait to start playing Friday.

The only other racing game I love is Trackmania Series <3 So I am happy to see Forza Horizon 3 gettings GOTY Contendership, as I am seriously waiting for the release of this game. It's another game from this year which I am gonna buy immediatelly after work, order pizza, launch it and just enjoy

The games has over 350 cars and amazing soundtrack (some Spotify profiles already have the playlist)

Also, lovely screens (click for full size)

FH2 got similar great praise(and deserved it) but never sniffed a GOTY award. 2014 was also an easier year to win GOTY then 2016 so nah, it's not really a contender partner but it is the best open world racing franchise in existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    It may be a great game, but I doubt it's going to get many GOTY awards releasing in the same year as games like Uncharted 4, Doom, Overwatch etc.

I'm not much into racing games but that looks fun, plan to get it at some point on my XB1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I may look at this game but I'm not going to act like it will be Game of the Year.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely going to pick this up on PC.

Really love Microsoft supporting Windows 10 with their first party games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always like to pick up one racing game and one fighting game every 3 or 4 years for whenever I feel like playing those genres, so I might pick this up for PC, but let's be honest, the last "racing or sports" game that had a chance of winning GotY on a widespread level was Rocket League and it didn't walk away with all that many.

Certain genres just aren't going to win a bunch of GotYs unless they do something crazy innovative. I'm not saying it's right necessarily but that's just the way it goes. This game just seems like an exceptionally well made racing game, but not a groundbreaking one.

That could be a nice arcade game for some fun, i'm not really sure there will be wheel support, keep in mind that forza apex demo (more sim) doesn't support wheels on pc
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate racing/driving games... might as well just go for a drive myself.... I see little interest in these sort of games personally (unless its Mario Kart lol).

Each to their own I guess.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    That could be a nice arcade game for some fun, i'm not really sure there will be wheel support, keep in mind that forza apex demo (more sim) doesn't support wheels on pc
    Err no. Wheel support was added on release two weeks ago. It's limited to ~10 wheels so far, but they will add more in the coming weeks:

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/new..._wheel_support

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I hate racing/driving games... might as well just go for a drive myself.... I see little interest in these sort of games personally (unless its Mario Kart lol).

Each to their own I guess.
    Yea cause the average person can just go and drive lambos, aston martins and what not no prob. Let alone actually race them without going to jail. Just go do it in real life guys, who would of thought of that? You know you can shoot people in real life to? So why play any shooting game? Oh wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea cause the average person can just go and drive lambos, aston martins and what not no prob. Let alone actually race them without going to jail. Just go do it in real life guys, who would of thought of that? You know you can shoot people in real life to? So why play any shooting game? Oh wait...
    The type of car doesn't interest me thats why this game doesnt interest me. I am just not into cars. I couldn't care less about riding those fancy things... my cheap old fiesta does the job pretty fine, point a to point b... :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-09-21 at 09:51 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The type of car doesn't interest me thats why this game doesnt interest me. I am just not into cars. I couldn't care less about riding those fancy things... my cheap old fiesta does the job pretty fine, point a to point b... :P
    Well no one is perfect. I kid, I kid. Yeah, really if you aren't into cars this game is definitely not for you. This game is like 6/10ths car porn with some open world driving tacked on...at least that's what the last game was like.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

I'd never pick a racing game as game of the year but as long as the windows version isn't ass and has wheel support I might check it out. Certainly looking like a great game.