Thread: Completely Torn

Completely Torn

Having issues choosing between DK and Paladin tank. I hear Paladins are better when played correctly. I enjoy my DK immensely but same with paladin. After reading a few posts here and elsewhere it seems DKs arent in a great state. Also im not sure on a few of the talent choices. IE Bulwark over Rune Tap. It seems most of our issues are a lack of mitigation talents. WE just rely on healing which could be an issue in harder mythics + I guess im looking for input on which is better for pushing mythic+ and raids.

I am in the same boat as you. I love my DK and being the "different" tank. I think that is what is pulling me to DK the most, being able to use my abilities to do something that requires more skill than just following a rotation and hitting one of 4 cooldowns as a pally.

I feel like while we may baseline be a lower tier tank than pally, when played well I think we can be pretty amazing.

I also think that everyone seems to just go cookie cutter talent build because "x" ability is the strongest, while it may numerically be stronger in sims and whatnot, i don't think that means its always the right answer.

Hopefully as time goes on in the expansion we will see more in depth analysis of our talents in real raid situations.

You could always just wait and see what the first big balance Patch will change.
    Blizzard already said they will look at the data from the first week of raids and will then start to change things.

I think it depends on what content you will be doing the most. I only tank in 5 mans and for the most part haven't seen any issues. I have tanked all the mythics and just started mythic+.